Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

CG Arixtra

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2015, 03:33 AM
RuneG

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
Default CG Arixtra

Hi
I know (at least here in Norway) that its still Winter , but its soon time to take the real stuff to the airfield again.
And last year when I put the Arixtra on the bench I was not happy With the CG on the plane I had a feel that it was a bit Heavy on the nose.
I just made a check and its now placed at 215 from trailing edge off the wing.
To move it more backwards I have to rebuild the interior off the plane so I hope that some that have a bit more experience on the Arixtra will chime in here, the reason (I think) that its nose heavy is 2 things I didnt had the elevator servoes in the tail and I did the sheeting off wings and tailfeathers my self as I had some wery nice balsa in my workshop ...so stabs and rudder became wery nice and light.
So to be Abel to move the CG more backwards I have to move the rudder servo about 10cm move some baffling(for battery hot air) and also the battery Mount so it rest on the wingtube , so you see its some work to move the CG.
So that is the history and the question ...where is Your CG on the Arixtra placed ( I think it shold be around 195mm from t.edge)
Old 03-01-2015, 09:32 AM
najary

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by RuneG
Hi
I know (at least here in Norway) that its still Winter , but its soon time to take the real stuff to the airfield again.
And last year when I put the Arixtra on the bench I was not happy With the CG on the plane I had a feel that it was a bit Heavy on the nose.
I just made a check and its now placed at 215 from trailing edge off the wing.
To move it more backwards I have to rebuild the interior off the plane so I hope that some that have a bit more experience on the Arixtra will chime in here, the reason (I think) that its nose heavy is 2 things I didnt had the elevator servoes in the tail and I did the sheeting off wings and tailfeathers my self as I had some wery nice balsa in my workshop ...so stabs and rudder became wery nice and light.
So to be Abel to move the CG more backwards I have to move the rudder servo about 10cm move some baffling(for battery hot air) and also the battery Mount so it rest on the wingtube , so you see its some work to move the CG.
So that is the history and the question ...where is Your CG on the Arixtra placed ( I think it shold be around 195mm from t.edge)
Mine is at 193 mm from the trailing edge.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-p...najary-13.html

Best regards,

Isaac Najary
Old 03-02-2015, 03:05 AM
RuneG

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

OK thank you Isaac, then I think I try with some more lead in the tail and then rebuild the interior if I'm happy with the results