Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

How to spin

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2015, 06:51 PM
learn2turn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to spin

I was look at the IMAC Basic sequence. I thought for variety, I might start practice that sequence in addition to Sportsman pattern. All the moves seem about the same level of difficultly except there is a 1.5 rotation positive spin.

I can spin my 3D plane but mostly by scrambling the sticks, flip it over and then going into a spin. I have no idea how to neatly go from straight nad level flight into a spin for a specific number of rotations.

Any tips on the input need to get a pattern plane into a 1.5 rotation spin?

-l2t aka Ken
Old 07-11-2015, 01:51 PM
danamania

Hi Ken, check it out (invaluable for learning the right way to fly precision aerobatics):

The Pilot's Guide to Mastering Radio Controlled Flight/2nd Edition Paperback – 2005
Old 07-11-2015, 06:58 PM
Rudy

The Pilot's Guide to Mastering Radio Controlled Flight/2nd Edition was out of print a few years ago. Try these guys, 1st U.S. R/C Flight School their training manuals are excellent.
Old 07-15-2015, 07:50 AM
shomenda
My Feedback: (2)

Ken,

The key to entering a basic pattern spin is the straight and level stall past horizontal after which your desired rudder, elevator and aileron input is added depending upon the direction of the prevailing wind. To do this, forward flight momentum must stop to allow the nose of the airplane to fall past horizontal. Direction of spin is applied by rudder or rudder and aileron input along with up elevator (if spinning right side up) down elevator if spinning from inverted.

I believe the spin entry is different in IMAC, wherein the airplane's nose is not required to go past horizontal before entering the spin.

Steve
Old 07-15-2015, 09:08 AM
danamania

Hi Ken, consider also the Maneuver Guides found on the NSRCA site: http://www.nsrca.us/index.php/sequences

Yesterday, I was re-reading the Advanced guide in preparation for the Nats and the page describing spins was quite specific. For this and other maneuvers, lots of good information on what is expected of pattern pilots and contestant judges. Good reading!