Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Black Magic VF3

Old 07-18-2016, 07:00 AM
MHester
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wish I could help, but I can't find a single file from those days. Just dug through everything I have...sorry, when I was done, I was DONE. LOL

No clue about the glass version, first I've heard of it. I hope it flies as good as the original, that was one heck of a plane if I do say so myself...

-Mike
Old 07-18-2016, 11:55 AM
flywilly
My Feedback: (121)

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Hey Mike,
Glad to see you back, are you just passing through or here to stay (back in pattern)? I hope you have regained your health, as I recall producing the Black Magic kits ended up being pretty stressful for you (as well as some other stuff that is best left in the past). Now pattern is almost 100% electric () and almost 100% ARF (). The Black Magic is still competitive in all but FAI in my opinion and I have a deluxe Black Magic VF3 kit sitting in my basement waiting to be built this winter.
Regards,
Will
Old 07-18-2016, 03:20 PM
MHester
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not back...hell would have to freeze solid for that LOL!!!

Yeah you were around to remember why I left. I sent the Black Magic stuff to my laser cutter in NC, called Larry Odom to bring a trailer and load up my shop. Tables, everything.....and that was the end of it. I've DEEPLY missed some of the people, the rest....can't say I miss it. I only dropped by because I heard through the grapevine that Chris Odom won masters so I decided to peek here. I was a little suprised to see 3 Black Magic threads on the first page after all these years! So I couldn't resist.

I wish now I had gotten the files for the F4 version from Dean before he went off into the wild blue yonder, I'd happily give them to someone to share. I remember how the VF3 when it was new was the biggest thing on the planet at the time (haha!!) and this thing would have been......well.....I was hoping something would come along to power it; now the electrics and some of the new power plants could. Heck the VF3 was slightly underpowered when it was new, then electrics exploded and the YS 170 came out and BOOM it came alive.

I still think about all you guys a lot (even nice people I only knew from here) and have been tempted to just pop up at a contest somewhere just for kicks. But nowadays my health is priority numero uno. I spend most of my time lifting weights and practicing Shorinji-Ryu karatedo. Never been so at peace.

I wish you the best of luck with your VF3. If you build it and trim it right, it will serve you well.

Take care!
-Mike
Old 08-03-2016, 11:29 AM
AmericanSpectre505

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes it was Mike and Thank you....................

Bill H.

Originally Posted by MHester
Wish I could help, but I can't find a single file from those days. Just dug through everything I have...sorry, when I was done, I was DONE. LOL

No clue about the glass version, first I've heard of it. I hope it flies as good as the original, that was one heck of a plane if I do say so myself...

-Mike
Old 03-21-2018, 06:43 PM
frequent flyer
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I make the wood and foam original version also carbon fiber parts or fiberglass I've never made a fiberglass fuse.