Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

MK TOPSTAR 2 info required.

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2016, 09:41 AM
mickb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MK TOPSTAR 2 info required.

Hi, just wondered if anyone has any information on the MK Topstar 2. I have acquired this model which is fitted with a YS 140DZ and would like to know the CofG location and flying control surface movements for initial flights.
I am guessing probably the main spar for c of g but any info would be appreciated.

Thanks, Michael.
Old 07-05-2016, 05:09 PM
flywilly
My Feedback: (121)

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Hi Michael,
The plans show the CG at 135mm behind former F6 which is at the back of the landing gear plate which is where the leading edge dowels of the wing plug-in. I am giving you the fuselage former, because you might have one of Pro-Built's modified kits with plug-in wings. As for control throws, I had about 8mm up/down in the ailerons and about 9.5 mm up/down in the elevators and at least +/- 30 degrees in the rudder. No dual rates as I prefer exponential. The throws are from my Topstar I which I finally retired this past winter after many years of service. Mine was powered with an OS 140RX and propped with an APC 18.1 x 10. I still have a Topstar II kit unbuilt in the box. The C/G is the same for both models. I hope this helps.
Regards,
Will
Old 07-05-2016, 11:59 PM
mickb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Will,
That's great, many thanks for the info. At least I can now have it correct for my first flight! . I believe the kit was from Probuild but it is a one piece wing. It was built in 2004 and had a handful of flights at that time, nothing since. I have just had the engine overhauled by Probuild so now waiting for some half decent weather!!
Regards,
Michael