Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

We've lost another gem

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2016, 04:22 PM
PeterP

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very sad to hear. I also only knew him from this forum and we exchanged a few emails over the years. A true gentleman and a wealth of knowledge. My condolences to his family. Rest in peace Matt.

Peter
Australia
Old 08-23-2016, 06:04 PM
Freddy
My Feedback: (3)

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Wow I just found out today from my friend Sergio Zamora who lives across the street from Matt in Whippany NJ. What a loss! I never met Matt in person but we talked via phone and e-mailed. He was such a craftsman and skilled modeler and very famous on RCU. My condolences to his family. Matt may the R/C heavens be good to you in the after life. You will be missed by the community.

I had bought a Kyosho Oxalys 50 from Matt which flew like a dream. I had crashed it due to engine failure and recently sold it to Ron Swift president of the Emerald RC club in Snohomish WA who just fixed it. Ron take good care of this bird it is historic!

Greeting from Brazil you all I just moved back here again for a few years.
Old 08-26-2016, 03:04 PM
patternrules
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sad at least spent many hours at Texas City RC Club with Matt sharing ideas always a friend kinda lost connect a few years ago when I stopped visiting the Nats so many contest dates shared.
Steve Maxwell
Old 08-26-2016, 04:37 PM
maustin
My Feedback: (7)

Hey Steve, how are you my friend? I still have fond memories of us flying at Texas City back in the day. Matt had moved on by the time I arrived on scene but I met him at the Austin contest in the late 80's. He pitted next to me and was very friendly and encouraging to a this new novice flyer. A few years ago he helped me install a gasser in my Pentathlon. He will definitely be missed.
Go to the Texas City RC website and see the improvements made since we flew there. I just rejoined the club this year after moving back to Pasadena from Gilbert Az. Problem is it won't stop raining LOL.

Stay in touch,
Mike Austin
Old 08-27-2016, 03:06 AM
patternrules
My Feedback: (6)

Good to hear your doing good Mike I do check TCRC website from time to time
Old 09-07-2016, 01:58 PM
marrinersgarage

Really sorry to hear this, again I'd never met Matt personally but have spent a lot of time reading the information he shared. It really is impressive that people like Matt make the effort to share their experience and knowledge to the wider community. I also really appreciated his feedback and advice when soft mounting the DLE in my plane.