RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

YS user seeking sympathetic ears :(

Old 06-03-2017, 04:54 PM
drac1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjr_93tz View Post
I wouldn't expect much change in 500 ft, 1. otherwise we'd be running in-flight mixture control for anything above 1/2 box height.

2.The type of change I'm referring to is dropping 1500 ft, starting up in the morning cold and having your engine hesitating a bit on throttle up. Just enough to be noticeable and have you reaching for the screwdriver with one hand while crossing your fingers with the other, hoping that it might just go away when the engine warms up a bit more so you won't have to touch the regulator.

That being said, I haven't been able to get to a sea level field since I've sorted the engine, so the mixture may be more flexible than what it used to be.
1. Only if you are right on the edge. Run it a bit rich and a 500 ft drop won't matter.

2. Me too . If you drop 1500ft, just wind the reg in 1/8th and the needle out 1/4 and it should be pretty close.

I never adjust anything when the engine is cold, or open the throttle immediately after start up anytime. Let it idle for a bit to allow the pump to get to correct pressure, then gradually open the throttle. I find that it usually takes one flight for everything to settle down for optimum running. After that first flight, there's no need to even run the engine up before the next flight. CDI is different to glow. Start up, let it idle, put it on the strip and go.
Old 06-03-2017, 05:09 PM
apereira

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by papaone View Post
Hello
I have 3 Harmonie, two with 175 CDI and love to fly with about 15 mn to 20 mn.
No problem of reliabilty.
I also have Harmonie with hacker Q80, I also love it. But just my opinion, flight is too short about 7 mn.
There are advantages and disadvantages with YS and electric motor.
Friends of mine have difficulties with the two;
deadstick with Yam and burn of plane, loss of magnets, breakage fuselage and loss of motor ...
But The main thing is to have fun.
claude
Totally agree with you Claude.

Engines get bigger because in certain maneuver like a half outside loop with an integrated roll with 40kph headwind will show how tight we are on power...

​​​​​​The 200 has been in the works for over a year, so it should be pretty reliable. But as Claude mention, all machines are prone to fail, IC or electric.

Regards
Old 06-04-2017, 01:12 AM
naftali

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I fly at sea level. Since I started using the DZ 160 about 6 years ago, haven't touched the adjustments, be it winter or summer, temps. ranging from 10 to 40c, humidity from 20 to 90%. Morgan heli 30%, bearing + ring replacement at 273 flights. And all that time the engine hasn't missed a bit.

Search this Thread