Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

YS DZ200cdi

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2018, 04:10 PM
MAVROS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can also get them from RC JAPAN ,HOBBYNET , MORRIS HOBBIES, NARUKE and probably others.

Happy flying
Old 09-28-2018, 07:39 PM
Dave Harmon

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MAVROS
You can also get them from RC JAPAN ,HOBBYNET , MORRIS HOBBIES, NARUKE and probably others.

Happy flying
I have had great service from RCJ.
They communicate promptly on email in very good English....very happy with them.
Old 09-28-2018, 11:33 PM
drac1
My Feedback: (4)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Happy flying
RC Japan no longer have Hatori products.

Morris Hobbies have them listed as discontinued.

I can't ever recall Naruke selling them?

The only muffler Hobbynet have listed is the 725 for 90 0-110 engines.

Anything you see anywhere, would be run out stock only.
Old 09-29-2018, 03:20 AM
kobi

Hello
Problem with my engine:
engine 200 cdi , prop 21.5x10.5 , fuel morgan cool power 30% heli
main needle open 1 1/4, The regulator is slightly open half a turn from manufacturer mode
On the ground everything is fine , mex rpm 7000 , idel 2000 rpm
In the air when I rise above half throttle , hear a loud, strange noise like detontions
And I also see that there is a mismatch in the smoke ,
Do you have suggestions what to do ?
thanks
Kobi

Old 09-29-2018, 03:51 AM
drac1

[QUOTE=kobi;12466703]
Hello
Problem with my engine:
engine 200 cdi , prop 21.5x10.5 , fuel morgan cool power 30% heli
main needle open 1 1/4, The regulator is slightly open half a turn from manufacturer mode
On the ground everything is fine , mex rpm 7000 , idel 2000 rpm
In the air when I rise above half throttle , hear a loud, strange noise like detonations
And I also see that there is a mismatch in the smoke ,
Do you have suggestions what to do ?
thanks
Kobi

/QUOTE]

Try a new ignition module.
Old 09-29-2018, 04:52 AM
kobi

Why do you think there is a problem with the ignition unit, is it possible that the ignition will only cause problems in the air?
.I also do not have another ignition unit
Old 09-29-2018, 08:18 AM
drac1

Originally Posted by kobi
Why do you think there is a problem with the ignition unit, is it possible that the ignition will only cause problems in the air?
.I also do not have another ignition unit
From experience. Yes it is possible. I've had that happen. You should always have a spare.

Last edited by drac1; 09-29-2018 at 11:54 AM.
Old 09-29-2018, 11:30 AM
riot3d

Make sure your spark plug connector is seated properly & tight on the plug, it happens to me a few times when I was running cdi on my 175's. Also, condition & gap clearance of the plug.

Just a suggestion.

Adrian
Old 09-29-2018, 04:24 PM
MAVROS

Scott,

They all sell other brands which are just like HATORI

RGDS
Old 09-29-2018, 04:29 PM
drac1

Scott,

They all sell other brands which are just like HATORI

RGDS
Yes

Hatori are the lightest though. I bought four 833 mufflers when they announced they were closing down.
Old 09-29-2018, 10:07 PM
papaone

Received 130 Likes on 72 Posts

Hello Kobi

May be that help you
In Argentina WC 2017
Cedric Carayon had engine spluttering. Mr Yamada changed the plug and ignition with no improvement.
Mr Yamada then pointed to the Power box switch. He changed that and the engine ran perfect. This is in line with what I stated earlier in the thread. So maybe a separate line directly from the battery is the way to go.
Old 09-30-2018, 04:29 PM
MAVROS

Thats very cheeky Scott.........
Old 09-30-2018, 07:42 PM
drac1

Thats very cheeky Scott.........
Ya snooze, ya lose
Old 10-02-2018, 04:09 AM
kobi

Thanks friends
problem solved
The silicone tube I attached to the silencer was too long and soft
And each time I lifted the throttle over the half, the tube folded and blocked the smoke exit
This is also why there were breaks in the smoke
I changed the tube to thicker
And now the engine works great, loads of power, two clicks above half throttle gives a vertical climb that did not stop
I attach pictures of the defective tube
kobi
(the Engine replaced to 200 cdi , old sticker)

Last edited by kobi; 10-02-2018 at 04:16 AM.
Old 10-02-2018, 04:23 AM
drac1

Originally Posted by kobi

Thanks friends
problem solved
The silicone tube I attached to the silencer was too long and soft
And each time I lifted the throttle over the half, the tube folded and blocked the smoke exit
This is also why there were breaks in the smoke
I changed the tube to thicker
And now the engine works great, loads of power, two clicks above half throttle gives a vertical climb that did not stop
I attach pictures of the defective tube
kobi
(the Engine replaced to 200 cdi , old sticker)

Good you found the problem. A solid extension would be better.
Old 10-02-2018, 02:47 PM
drac1

Originally Posted by papaone
Hello Kobi

May be that help you
In Argentina WC 2017
Cedric Carayon had engine spluttering. Mr Yamada changed the plug and ignition with no improvement.
Mr Yamada then pointed to the Power box switch. He changed that and the engine ran perfect. This is in line with what I stated earlier in the thread. So maybe a separate line directly from the battery is the way to go.
I use the Tech Aero IBEC. Plugs directly into the receiver. Works perfectly.
Old 10-17-2018, 02:19 PM
bjr_93tz

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

I finally got around to putting my 200cdi into the Aries 07 and the weather cleared up enough to take it out to the field and put about a liter of fuel through it on the ground.

It was a bit cranky at first and I had to lean the regulator quite a bit (0.8mm out from flush). It got better and I quickly found a happy throttle position where it was revving free, belching smoke and generally leaving a big puddle of oil underneath. I've closed the break-in needle to 1/4 turn now and might take it up for a spin after another tank.

With regard to the prop slippage, apart from breaking-my-arm-off tight I've put a 0.7mm annealed aluminium washer between my new spinner back plate and prop driver to give them both something a bit softer to "bite" into. I've also pulled the spinner about 4 times now (after the initial start and during break-in) and nipped up the prop nut as the washer/spinner/propdriver settles in. Each time it has needed a bit of a nip up so something is gradually squishing into shape. Prop hasn't moved from it's initial marks, so far so good...
Old 10-17-2018, 03:20 PM
drac1

Originally Posted by bjr_93tz
I finally got around to putting my 200cdi into the Aries 07 and the weather cleared up enough to take it out to the field and put about a liter of fuel through it on the ground.

It was a bit cranky at first and I had to lean the regulator quite a bit (0.8mm out from flush). It got better and I quickly found a happy throttle position where it was revving free, belching smoke and generally leaving a big puddle of oil underneath. I've closed the break-in needle to 1/4 turn now and might take it up for a spin after another tank.

With regard to the prop slippage, apart from breaking-my-arm-off tight I've put a 0.7mm annealed aluminium washer between my new spinner back plate and prop driver to give them both something a bit softer to "bite" into. I've also pulled the spinner about 4 times now (after the initial start and during break-in) and nipped up the prop nut as the washer/spinner/propdriver settles in. Each time it has needed a bit of a nip up so something is gradually squishing into shape. Prop hasn't moved from it's initial marks, so far so good...
If it's running well, you are better off flying it rather than running on the ground.

Being soft, you'll most likely find the copper washer will keep squashing if you keep tightening it.
Old 10-17-2018, 03:42 PM
bjr_93tz

Yes Scott, up in the air for some rolling practice and mixture tweaking is definitely on the cards.

EDIT: Flight #1 done and dusted. Thunderstorm clouds all around, wind blowing 30+km/hr and traffic on the highway 300m away meant it was ~7 minutes of guessing if the engine was still running.

Last edited by bjr_93tz; 10-18-2018 at 03:01 PM.
Old 10-23-2018, 12:43 PM
bjr_93tz

If I've learned anything from my 8 year love/hate relationship with my 170cdi, it's that when there's nothing wrong with the engine it responds predictably and consistently to needle and regulator adjustments and is a pleasure to use. When there's something not right with the engine, you can spend as much time as you want chasing needle and regulator settings and occasionally hope that you'll get a dead stick in a bad spot so you can write your plane off and enjoy the rest of your day doing something else.

Guess which kind of a day I had with the 200cdi yesterday?

It does respond properly to needle adjustments so that's a positive, but it's running super lean around 1/4 throttle and enriching the regulator turns the idle into a slobbering, vibrating mess. Setting the break-in needle to 1/4 turn, 1/6th or fully closed hasn't helped with finding a consistent setting. If I had to guess I'd say it was sucking air somewhere at 1/4 throttle, or sucking too much fuel at dead idle?? Either way it's back to spending my time trying to sort out an engine rather than actually practicing flying...

Edit: Ever the optimist and given a day to mull things over, I've stripped the fuel system and flushed it inside-out and back-to-front and found nothing obvious. Valve clearances were 0.16mm exhaust, 0.15mm intake, so they've been set to ~0.05mm. Spark plug is ~0.35mm and regulator set to ~0.5mm out from flush. Got a day off work tomorrow so fingers crossed...

Last edited by bjr_93tz; 10-24-2018 at 01:14 AM.
Old 10-25-2018, 03:04 PM
bjr_93tz

Quick Update seeing as I can no longer edit previous post: No joy with the engine, however very happy with the 0.7mm annealed aluminium washer between the spinner pack plate and prop driver. The washer has confirmed to the spinner backplate knurl and it's seems fairly stuck there, and the knurl pattern of the prop driver in the washer is very neat and crisp indicating no slippage despite 2 hrs of (wildly at times) random forces currently being transmitted to the prop.

Impression from the prop driver is neat and crisp.
Old 10-25-2018, 04:21 PM
MAVROS

It sounds to me like your engine is sucking air from somewhere .
This is very hard to isolate so my advice would be since you stripped the engine down change all the seals ,gaskets and hoses...NB the injector hose should be checked regularly this one is very important

Make sure your engine mount is not loose........the vibration can upset the fuel flow.

It is important to use good quality Methanol to avoid cavitation in the pump when the engine gets hot

Hope this helps....... please let us know how you go

regards
Old 11-19-2018, 03:25 AM
naftali

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Glow Pump Pressure

Originally Posted by papaone
Hello Scott
I used fuel tank clunk with foam (as shown on picture).
Once foam broke and clogged durit. Since I use 2 tank with normal clunk. It's work very well.

To set up pump, I use a manometer installed as shown on picture.
It's awesome to control and adjust pressure pump.
At the iddle or when engine running only with starter, pressure must be 1,2 bar.
Claude

: For the sake of those poor devils still using the YS 170 Glow
.Engihe well adjusted, idle1,800 RPM running with nose up
Fuel pressure at idle: 1.75 - 1.80 BAR
Old 11-19-2018, 04:17 PM
drac1

Originally Posted by naftali

: For the sake of those poor devils still using the YS 170 Glow
.Engihe well adjusted, idle1,800 RPM running with nose up
Fuel pressure at idle: 1.75 - 1.80 BAR
I knew the pressure would have to be a lot higher for glow. 1/2 a turn in on the reg from cdi to glow.

It's still only a guide though. It may have to be adjusted for actual flying. I had to lean mine once in the air.
Old 03-25-2019, 12:43 AM
papaone

Received 130 Likes on 72 Posts

Hello
Which propeller on YS 185 CDI ?
claude

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.