Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pattern Universe - RC Pattern Flying > RC Pattern Flying
Reload this Page >

Thinking out loud about reusing a wing set...

Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Thinking out loud about reusing a wing set...

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2017, 12:11 PM
kenh3497

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Thinking out loud about reusing a wing set...

From my crashed Smaragd someday.....

If I reused my Smaragd wings on another fuselage, most likely something I build, I'm assuming I should match the MAC (mean aerodynamic chord) of the Smaragd wings to the MAC of the plan wings. Because the wing tube won't be moved in the Smaragd wings I may have to relocate the sleeve in the new fuse. OR... Just build the fuse to plan and deal with the consequences later?????

This is I just something I'm throwing around for the moment thinking about the future. Yes I like to do things the hard way. LOL Thanks for your opinions!

Ken
Old 12-11-2017, 01:55 PM
maustin
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tend to over simplify things so I would just design your new fuze around the same dimensions as the current plane has. I bet you would be real close with the MAC.
Old 12-11-2017, 03:31 PM
kenh3497

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have several sets of plans so will be reusing one of those for the new fuse. On RCG somebody thought it would be better to match the CG of old and new wings/fuselage/airframe. That makes a lot of sense to me.

Ken

Last edited by kenh3497; 12-16-2017 at 06:45 AM.