Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

2019 Pattern Nationals

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2018, 07:50 AM
mlr53
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2019 Pattern Nationals

It's official, the 2019 AMA R/C Aerobatic Pattern Nationals will be held in Blytheville, Arkansas July 16th thru the 20th.
Make your plans to attend, compete against some of the best pilots in the country, and enjoy some Southern Hospitality with a little Cajun flare.
Old 10-31-2018, 05:31 PM
Smooth Pilot

Count me in. I am looking forward to it.

Sheldon
Old 11-21-2018, 04:00 AM
chuck4816s
My Feedback: (11)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Can't wait for another epic road trip! Just hope we fly parallel to the runway this time! LOL I'm in either way!
Old 11-21-2018, 04:22 AM
drac1
My Feedback: (4)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I would love to make the trip over one year. It would be a great adventure
Old 11-21-2018, 04:57 AM
chuck4816s

Come on over Drac! We can always use another person for the road trip, i'll even give you a place to stay!
Old 11-21-2018, 10:36 AM
drac1
My Feedback: (4)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by chuck4816s
Come on over Drac! We can always use another person for the road trip, i'll even give you a place to stay!
Hey Chuck,

It's very tempting. Will have to see what happens down the track a bit.
Old 11-26-2018, 09:00 AM
mlr53

Chuck, We will be flying one flight line per site this year, and yes they will be basically aligned with the runway. Pilots facing North, one set of poles per site. Lots of great plans all starting to come together. Going to be a truly memorable event.
Old 11-26-2018, 10:23 AM
chuck4816s

Monty,

i was was just poking a little fun at the skewed lines we had the last time! Lol. I am sure you guys are going to put on another top notch event, I am looking forward to it for sure!
Old 12-01-2018, 04:34 AM
KC8QPU

It was memorable last time.
Old 12-01-2018, 10:00 AM
SurferDude87

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KC8QPU
It was memorable last time.
That is a major understatement...
Old 12-01-2018, 10:27 AM
chuck4816s

Absolutely! I know I can reach 110mph pulling my trailer with the Suburban!
Old 12-01-2018, 11:59 AM
SurferDude87

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And that the Greek place was the only place to eat! Need to bring a grill for dinner this year.
Old 12-01-2018, 12:37 PM
chuck4816s

We might have to do that Chris!
Old 12-03-2018, 06:28 AM
mlr53

Try out the Katfish Kastle this year, the food was excellent.
Old 12-10-2018, 08:32 AM
mlr53

2019 Pattern Nationals flyer;

Expand your Quest, Be there to be a part of this great event.
Old 12-26-2018, 08:14 AM
mlr53

Here is a link to some articles leading up to the 2019 Pattern Nationals. More articles and information will be added to this site as they are developed along the way to the date of the event. Enjoy.
https://nsrca.us/index.php/nats/2019
Old 01-14-2019, 07:09 AM
mlr53

New articles were added to the NSRCA 2019 Nats page on 01/10/19.
Old 02-01-2019, 08:10 AM
mlr53

Here is the format for the 2019 AMA Pattern Nationals.
2019 Nationals Competition FormatAs most of you have seen in many of my other articles, the format for the Nationals in 2019 will be a little different. In an attempt to attract more of the Sportsman, Intermediate, and Advanced pilots, these 3 classes will fly 8 rounds instead of 6 over the period of 4 days, 2 rounds per day Wednesday thru Saturday. Masters will fly the normal 6 rounds, 2 rounds per day Wednesday thru Friday. The top 10 pilots in Masters will then fly a 2 round Finals on Saturday. FAI will fly 4 rounds of P19, 2 rounds per day Wednesday and Thursday, then all FAI pilots will fly 2 rounds of F19 on Friday. The top 8 FAI pilots will then fly a 2 round finals on Saturday consisting of 2 rounds of Unknowns.In Sportsman, Intermediate, and Advanced, the results will be decided by the total of each pilot’s best 6 normalized scores. In Masters, the total of each pilot’s best 4 normalized scores of the 6 rounds will be used to determine the top 10 finalist who will go to the finals. Each of those 10 pilots will carry the average of their best 4 previous normalized rounds as one score into the finals, then fly 2 rounds. The best 2 of these 3 scores will be used to determine the results (this allows one drop of any of these 3 scores).AMA RC Competition rule 13.1 states that the highest total of the best 4 flight scores when 5 or more rounds are flown will determine the winners, and that the best 2 of 3 when only 3 rounds are flown. But the rules also state that the CD has the authority to make changes to this if it is advertised well in advance of the event. The best 6 of 8 offers less chance of ties than the 4 of 8 scenario & keeps the event from being decided at the end of the second day with 2 more days of flying to go. In the event of weather delays we will use the total of the best 4 of 6 if only 6 rounds can be completed for Sportsman, Intermediate, and Advanced.In FAI, Each pilot’s best 3 of the 4 P19 scores will be normalized into one score as per the 2018 system then that one score will be carried to the semis day. On Friday all FAI pilots will fly 2 rounds of F19 each normalized as per the 2018 system. The total of these 3 scores for each pilot will determine the top 8 pilots who will go to the finals. For the finals on Saturday, each of the 8 pilot’s 1 best normalized F round score from Friday will be carried into the finals, and these pilots will fly 2 rounds of Unknowns (2 separate unknown sequences). The total of these 3 normalized scores will determine the results. This puts FAI being determined by the best F round of 2 F rounds (flown on Friday) and 2 unknown rounds (flown on Saturday).Masters and FAI will be competing on sites 2 and 3 thru the prelims. The finals for both these classes will be held on site 1 (this way, no one group gets the advantage of flying on the finals site more than the other group). The judges will switch sites to complete the rounds each day thru the prelims. Be sure to review the tutorial on how to use the E-Scribe scoring system if you are not familiar with it’s use. You can find the tutorial at https://www.patternscoring.com/home
Old 02-01-2019, 08:11 AM
mlr53

New articles were added to the NSRCA 2019 Nats web site today 02/02/2019.
Old 02-25-2019, 06:12 AM
mlr53

AMA has opened online registration for the 2019 Pattern Nationals.
Registrants can visit
http://shop.modelaircraft.org/dept.aspx?id=05db47b0-8a08-4624-8db8-3228874d to register.
Old 03-21-2019, 06:30 AM
mlr53

The AMA registration web site is up and running. Be sure to register early.

I have posted a new Nats article on the NSRCA web site in the Nats 2019 section on 3/20/19. Be sure to check out all the articles about the 2019 Pattern Nationals there.
Old 03-29-2019, 06:09 AM
mlr53

AMA is really pushing electronic communication because of that they did not do a snail mail registration packet for the Nationals instead they did an email push to all 2017/18 contestants and they will also be posting on INSTAGRAM, FB, TWITTER and all of AMAs electronic newsletters weekly/monthly. The electronic registration link is http://shop.modelaircraft.ort/nats2019This link will take you directly to the online registration page.So don’t wait for a registration packet to come in the mail, get online and register, or download the form and mail it in.
Old 04-09-2019, 07:04 AM
mlr53

AMA has made some changes to the Nats New starting this year. Here is the jest of it."We wanted to let you know about a change we are making to NatsNews this year. Instead of producing daily copies of the newsletter and handing them out on-site, we will be producing daily online blogs throughout the workweek. The blogs will include daily reports and photos and members can subscribe to receive email notifications when the blogs are posted, as they did in the past for NatsNews.Because we are not producing daily editions of NatsNews, we will create one online newsletter at the conclusion of each event. We also will have extended coverage of the Nats in the November 2019 issue of Model Aviation.These changes are more cost-effective and are a wiser way to spend members’ dues money. If you haven’t already done so, you can sign up for daily email notifications at www.nats.modelaircraft.org. If you have any questions or concerns please contact Rob Kurek Director of Communications at 765-287-1256 x200 or via email [email protected]. "
Other info about the Pattern Nats for 2019 can be found here https://www.nsrca.us/index.php/nats/2019
Old 04-23-2019, 04:45 AM
mlr53

The deadline is getting closer. Now is a good time to register for the Nats. Don't let June 1st come and get left out. Go to the AMA site and register now.
Old 05-13-2019, 06:16 AM
mlr53

2019 AMA RC Aerobatic Pattern Nationals
Why go to the Pattern Nationals?Since the Pattern Nationals is only about 2 months away, I figured we should discuss why YOU should go to the Nationals. For those who have already been to a Pattern Nationals, you already know why. If you have never been to one, you need to go. The number one reason You need to go is “It’s Fun, Challenging, and Educational”. Corporations host seminars to educate their employees in places where they can have fun while attending. It’s a proven fact that learning and retention are improved if you’re having fun during the process. Life can get serious at times, thus the need for hobbies and sports that bring some fun into the mix. You really, really need a week at the Nats. You need to be there.The Pattern Nationals is a unique, tangible, social event. Attending it for the first time will change you, and you being there may change the experience for others. The Pattern Nationals creates an instant community of people with a common interest, once a year. It brings together the best pilots, the most interested R/C enthusiasts, the prettiest planes with the shiniest finishes, the top competitors and so much more. Again, you need to go.The Pattern Nationals of the past are always remembered, like a legend. The stories are always greater, the wind always seems stronger, the rain wetter, the clouds more threatening, the Sun hotter, or the cold front colder and stronger, but the memories always instill pride and accomplishment. You will learn so much more in one week of competition at the Nationals then in a whole season of local contests. You need to go.You will get to make new friends, or see old friends from years past that you only get to see once a year, here at the Nats. The sky will be full of planes from Dawn to Dusk with both practice and competition. The skies buzzing with aviation in it’s magnificent glory and the spectacle of seeing a whole range of planes produced specifically for precision and agility. See those planes you’ve oogled over, watch them fly, talk to the owners and designers, and fly alongside some of the top pilots in the country. Compete to measure your skills against the best in your class from across the country. When you attend, you meet people you’ve read about in the magazines, and even some who will be showing up in the magazines in the future. You’ll see the latest plane designs, the latest technology in use, and become a part of model aviation in a whole new way. Did I mention that you need to go.By competing you will learn where you stand as compared to other pilots across the country. You will reinforce your knowledge of what you already know about precision aerobatics. You will also learn many things you don’t know and the many things you need to work on to improve your skills. With a few questions and some curiosity you will possibly learn more about set up, trimming, and preparation then you ever though there was to know. The Nats is an enlightening experience. It’s the place you need to be.Many times we hear pilots say that “they aren’t ready for the Nats” or that “they aren’t good enough to compete in the Nats”. These excuses are so many kinds of wrong. Competing in the Nats, you will learn so much more than staying at home. The only way to get ready to compete in the Nats is to actually enter and compete in the Nats. No other contest can compare to the experience and even come close to preparing you. Competing in a Nats is the fastest way to improve your flying skills. It is the only way to learn to overcome the nerves of competing against so many of the best pilots in the country. No local contest jitters even come close to the nerves of standing on the ready line for your first flight at the Nationals. Once you learn to handle your nerves at the Nats, your flying will move to an altogether new level, along with your confidence. The intensity of the experience drives home the lessons learned like no other experience in the country. If you think you will wait until you’re good enough to win the Nats before you go to one, then you probably won’t win it anyway. The nerves will get you. The best way to prepare for the experience is to go and compete. It may take a few times to learn to handle the personal preparation needed to win a Nationals, so work on that while you’re working on your skill level and be prepare in both areas. Experience wins, not just flying experience, but National competition experience as well. Step up, you need to be there.When it comes to the joy and virtues of competing in precision aerobatics, you already know most of them since you are interested enough to be reading this article. Since you are pretty well hooked on pattern flying and precision aerobatics, as well as the self-improvement it generates, you know there is no AA (Airplane Anonymous), no 12 step program that can help you. The ultimate fulfillment of our common addiction is to compete against the best, to fly in this National event and become a part of something really big. For serious adrenaline junkies, and competitive thrill seekers, the Pattern Nationals is a monster step up from the local stuff. If your knees knock and your hands shake at the local level, they will knock so loud and shake so bad when you step up for your first flight at the Nationals you’ll wonder if they’ll ever settle down. One year, the only thing I could think of while standing in the ready box for my first flight at the Nationals was, “GOD please don’t let me throw up in front of the judges, that would be so embarrassing”, and no this wasn’t even at my first Nats. Even if you have overcome your nerves and don’t get nervous anymore at a local contest, you will experience them all over again at your first Nats. There is a difference between wanting something and needing it. I’m telling you, youneedto attend the Nats.Whether you win, lose or place somewhere in the middle of the pack, it will be the experience of a lifetime, you will learn a lot about your flying, and about yourself. Eventually in R/C precision aerobatics, all roads lead to the Nationals. It’s the Ultimate destination in model aviation in the US. Regardless of where you come out in the standing, the social events and comraderies with new and old friends will be worth the adventure. The Nationals are special, it takes all of you being there to compete and enjoy the event to keep it special. Start planning your trip now. YOU really, really, really NEED to be there.Register now on the AMA web site modelaircraft.org and I look forward to seeing you there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.