Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Newbie plane

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2021, 03:10 PM
dale691

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie plane

Hi guys,

My son is about to turn 11 years old. He is progressing well with learning to fly on an eflite 2M carbon cub and I’m starting to think about his next plane. I would like him to get into pattern down the track so am thinking something in that direction. The 3 options in mind are a Black horse Sputnik, Seagull sea eagle or the FMS Olympus. Something that will run on 6S 5000 packs. Any suggestions. Not a lot of kits available in Australia at the moment.
Old 07-10-2021, 11:53 AM
ini

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

My vote goes to FMS Olympus, if you can find one. It flies very well and is an excellent aerobatic trainer. Any stronger breeze is a challange but that is a symptom of size. 6S 5000 maybe too big though. You will need to check that.
I have seen three different Olumpus planes fly the and the pilots have enjoyed flying them, also advancing to larger aircraft.
Old 07-11-2021, 04:48 AM
Goodie_2_Shoes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey mate,

What about a Hangar 9 ultra stick? Seems like a capable model and it would be really fun to fly on 6.

The following users liked this post:
dale691 (07-11-2021)