Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pattern Universe - RC Pattern Flying > RC Pattern Flying
Reload this Page >

WHO WANTS A FREE SKYLARK ARF? CONTEST WON!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

WHO WANTS A FREE SKYLARK ARF? CONTEST WON!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2004, 01:03 AM
Low Wing
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WHO WANTS A FREE SKYLARK ARF?

Billy...if I win this model...I will give you $200 and then I will give it away at our next event...I will also write a poem in tribute to your excellent flying skill's that I have witnessed first hand...by the way I love your picture...oh' and have I told you that...honestly...you... you ... look ...MARVELOUS...
Old 01-28-2004, 04:34 AM
Khizer

[8D] hey I think I found what I was looking for!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and you have a WINNER here.

I was just about to buy a new 2m patternship for the National Championships F3A category but now I think that I am the perfect candidate for Skylark. I ll use it to compete at the National Championships and You all know that a pilot of my class combined with a good aircraft like skyLark it makes the most perfect combination, rather the most deadly combination.

and guys come on now you all know that it is mine and you alll know the KINDA exposure Skylark will get when a Show stopper,blood thirsty, high flying,top of the Pilot like myself is flying it and impressing a crowd of over 1000 people.Besides all the children know me more than anybody else coz of my Hi-G manuevres.

So guys thre is no need to post any more coz I am cleanin ma Hanger for Skylark.

Billy when are u shipping it coz championships due in March and the Earlier I get it the better it is for the promo of Skylark.
Old 01-28-2004, 07:31 AM
rjbarthel
My Feedback: (2)

what the heck gota try also For starters Im a single dad of 3 daughters so stress is always high and I need my R/C to take my mine off thier troubles LOL. We wont even start with the job area LOL.. anyway my youngest is soon to be 10 and has been flying my skyscooter and the kadet LT40 she loves the flying ! But has yet to solo Im sure she will haha them bikes and polly pockets are very time consuming for her haha !! the other 2 girls both have flown also but they are in it today and out tomarrow teens!!
but I myself dont have a Pattern plane yet ! I also just got into this great hobby 4 yrs ago and planes and flying isnt ever enough no matter how little of both I feel I have ..
We have 75 or so members to our club and we also have what we call the international Fun fly in August of each yr.. John Beech of Modelsport Mag was here in Aug 2002 and due to his health things were postponed . But he said out fun fly will be on one of the up and comming Modelsport Mag Videos.. So here it is all wraped up If I won you would be helping out a budget tight Dad and Ive told each of my girls when the solo they can have thier own plane ! so maybe it would be owned by one of them and I would have it exposed to our club members and at the fun flys and the international !! and I maybe am not the flyer to wring it out yet but i sure know some that at our event that surely could !! well this was my $.98 worth haha inflation !! good luck to all RB
Old 01-28-2004, 10:51 AM
rjbarthel

By the way i see i should have proff read my entry befor sending LOL John said he is going to show (our) not Ot fun fly onb the nexed MS mag video .. and its called the International fun fly due to our canadian friends that attend.. a lot of out of state flyers also ! hundereds of people just having an flying good time !!
Old 01-28-2004, 12:58 PM
Ten-Man

Ok Billy I will perform the painstaking task of attatching 50 wooden clothes pins to my face to prove I want a free Pattern Plane.

If that doesn't convince you I need a free Skylark I will trade you straight up for my beautiful wife.

Wow I just can't wait to fly my new free plane.
Old 01-28-2004, 03:15 PM
DMUCOP
My Feedback: (4)

I would fly the Billy~Hell out of it all over Kansas City, Missouri!!! [sm=wink.gif]

I have about 10 fields I can go to every month.[sm=spinnyeyes.gif]

Point rolls on the deck and I would make it look really really good[8D].

It would make a great Pattern style plane and a good in your face low aero bat plane![:-]

I plan on going to about 5 contests a few fun flys and some fly~ins.[sm=punching.gif]

Plus all the weekend flying I can handle![sm=bananahead.gif]
Old 01-28-2004, 03:30 PM
Galeczka
My Feedback: (5)

After perfecting my 3d skills, I would definately put my college (university of Northwest Ohio) logos on it and fly it at all our offroad truck, tractor pull, drag race, circle track, and mud bog events to support the school. We are a high performance automotive college, and nothing gets our students more pumped up than engines, big or small, on land or in the air, we are all total gearheads.
P.S.
send plane to
Alex Galeczka
2680 west market st, Apt 210A
Lima, OH

LoL!
Old 01-28-2004, 03:34 PM
fishgod
My Feedback: (13)

No gimiks,
I am Alaska State Champion in AMA Pattern 402. I also fly IMAC, and Funfly. I am a club flight instructor. If I were to recieve the free plane I would take it to the field and use it to try and promote the plane itself and pattern flying.
Old 01-28-2004, 03:45 PM
raptor5900
My Feedback: (4)

I dont want to sound rude, but has anyone flown the plane?.....you all say your gonna make it look great, well if your not chip hyde the plane mite fly like crap (not saying that it does billy)......just a thought.
Old 01-28-2004, 06:02 PM
Ten-Man

Gee raptor your right I wouldn't want to trade that beautiful wife of mine for just any old plane. Fishgod must have outflown the other pattern flier in Alaska
Old 01-28-2004, 10:21 PM
Walfam

Well, I already have a tool box from HELL.... and because it has everything in it, I need the plane to make my outfit complete. I am just getting into pattern and won my first contest (prebasic) with my .40 big stik. I would really be styling
by moving up to the next level with a plane actually design for pattern flying!!! I would promote it by getting people to call out my pattern for me and they get to watch this plane go thru it's paces. Cannot promote it better than that! Seeing
is believing!!!..

Respectfully,
Old 01-28-2004, 10:42 PM
William Robison
My Feedback: (3)

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: RE: WHO WANTS A FREE SKYLARK ARF?

Sorry guys, there are only two who could possibly deserve this outfit. Those two are Amelia_Air (Joanna) and me.

And if he gives it to me it will sit in a corner until I'm ready to bash it into a twin, so I suppose Billy has no other choice, he'll have to give it to Joanna Amelia_Air.

Bill.
Old 01-28-2004, 11:26 PM
Ten-Man

Why the heck did my post get erased!!! Man some people just don't have any sense of humor!! Maybe that picture was the moderators wife?????
Old 01-28-2004, 11:39 PM
Flyfalcons

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

An official from Hobby-Lobby requested that it be removed.
Old 01-28-2004, 11:40 PM
William Robison

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Don:

The clothes pin picture was just sophomoric, not worthy of posting. But the fat woman was in too poor taste to leave for viewing.

Bill.
Old 01-28-2004, 11:54 PM
drizz

I am new to R/C flying by 8 or 9 months. I am good enough now that I have an Extra 300. I have intimidated a few people at our club also. I think I could promote it at our club and get more of our members into pattern flying.

Happy Picking!!
Old 01-29-2004, 08:31 AM
Ten-Man

William, Let me tell you a story. I have traveled almost 15000 miles this year flying RC contests of another sort. In my travels I have told other flyers I was going to fly Pattern next year. The biggest response I got was that most pattern flyers are a bunch of stuck up snobs who don't want to share their flying sites and use really expensive planes to gain small competitive advantages. I'm sure when they said "most pattern fliers" they meant a small few but anyone who has flown competitive anything knows a small few can ruin it for the rest. At any rate my point is that most of the people I talked to from across the U.S. had flown pattern in the past but don't anymore because of one humorless bugger or the other. When I actually started looking for Pattern contests to fly in I found very few. I then went to hobbyshops on my travels to ask about pattern contest in the area. Most of them said yes we used to have lots of pattern events but don't have any now. When I asked why they gave similar answers as my other commrades. So William if you really want me to take everything so darn seriously I guess if I were to get a free Skylark I would throw it in the trailer with me and take it on the road and show other people that you can have fun with this plane and that you don't have to be an uptight boob to fly Pattern.
Old 01-29-2004, 01:21 PM
deadstickdan

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

WOW! What a generous offer. Seeing the plane in person at events is good and talking about also contributes, but there isn't anything better than letting them actually fly the plane. Take the plane to some flyimg sites, talk it up, demonstrate it and for the seriously interested let them fly it. I know that is a risk but you are sharing this with us and hands on experience never hurts.

Dan
Old 01-29-2004, 03:03 PM
JasonS

Jason wrote:
I would start by doing a review/writeup of it on my personal website.
I'm an experienced R.C. pilot that has dabbled in pattern for the last few years.
I'm a professional video producer, so count on some broadcast quality video footage to accompany your website. Expect lots of posts about it on RCONLINE for starters.
I would incorporate some flying reviews by some of the very experienced local pattern flyers while also following my practice routine and documenting the experience. The culmination of the project would be to fly it in Sportsman class at the Omahawks annual pattern contest. I would fully cronicle the event with video and pictures. Thinks of it as an example of inexpensively getting into pattern competition.
Come september at the Omahawks annual Labor Day airshow I would raffle the package off to benefit the Make a Wish Foundation, which the event acts as a fundraiser for. The Omahawks annually raise thousand of dollars during this event to benefit this fine organization. Thousands of spectators attend the airshow. I think it would be a fitting end to the project.
Old 01-30-2004, 06:11 PM
Flyboy Rich

I have been fly sport R/C for about 30 years. I am the President of our local and work part-time at the local hobby shop. i plan this summer to get around the area to the other local clubs. What better way to get a NEW PLAN out than to fly it and let others try it. Remember the Life add " Try it, Mikie likes it!!"
Old 01-31-2004, 09:07 AM
Smoky

Hi!
If this is open to Canadians? Here is what I would do with it.

Build and report honestly, on what I see. Report this here on RCuniverse.

We are currently trying to get a Chartered Club Going. I live in Northern Saskatchewan. Can you say, "In the Boonies". This gives new meaning to the Words, "virgin territory" or breaking new ground.

I've taught myself to fly 23 yrs ago, as there was no one around to teach me, left the sport, got back into it 3 yrs ago. and since then have taught a few Youngsters, and a couple of oldsters how to fly. I fly off water, snow and Grass.
There is definately lots of interest in flying up here, however our nearest club is over 100 miles away, as is our nearest LHS.
After it is built I would show/advertise it at events like fairs, tradeshows, etc. And sell tickets on it, to support our efforts in getting the club and field set-up and get new members into the sport for flying/building. I will have a disclaimer on it that say's "Pattern Plane, Not a trainer". I have approx. a 400 mile radius where Me and my Unionville TBeaver are well known.

I know this will only help you by the advertising and direct sales. It will! however, also Help to promote this great sport and open the Market to brand new Consumer's who can be easily swayed to Use this plane as a Goal/target.

Now if that don't win it? I say give it to "Joanna". I taught my wife to fly, and there is nothing more pretty than a female pilot with her head tipped back and staring into the sky with her eyes and mouth wide open.

Rick.
Old 01-31-2004, 11:14 AM
funflyerke

Hello,

Maybe BELGIUM can be a nice place to let the skylark introduce himself....
I'll be happy to promote it here since there is not such a great choice as in the U.S.
Maybe you can try this side of the ocean to sell her.
She'll do great here.....

Friendly regards from Belgium

FLY WITH THE FUN FLYERS OR SCRATCH WITH THE CHICKENS[&:]

P.S. My club is called FUNFLYERS LANDEN
look at funflyers.be
Old 01-31-2004, 03:12 PM
JUSTINDABADLUCKKID
Banned
My Feedback: (10)

First I would like to say that this is A very nice thing to do , and if I was honored to promote this plane ( witch I could never offord in my wildest dreams ) I would do my very best to get the this plane some real attention. I would fly this plane every weekend at my local club ( located in Morristown IN ) and also at fun flys in the Midwest. Not only would I fly it I would have everyone who saw this beautiful plane fly want one. Whitch is prone to happen at my club, for example one of the club members at my club bought a U-CAN-DO 3D and flew this plane day after day until about half the club had one. No joke it was like one day he was the only one with one then the next there were 5 of them along the flight lines. This is what I would try to do with the skylark ,and I would fly like to try to start flying in pattern. I have been interested for awhile but I am only 15 and I would have to mow alooooot of yards to buy a pattern plane. Not to say I havent tried. I have been flying for a couple years and I have gotten pretty good I just need a plane to let loose with and this could be it .

Thank you and have a great day
Justin,
Old 01-31-2004, 03:23 PM
JUSTINDABADLUCKKID
Banned
My Feedback: (10)

Wanted to ad a couple things at the end

First I would like to say that this is A very nice thing to do , and if I was honored to promote this plane ( witch I could never aford in my wildest dreams ) I would do my very best to get the this plane some real attention. I would fly this plane every weekend at my local club ( located in Morristown IN ) and also at fun flys in the Midwest. Not only would I fly it I would have everyone who saw this beautiful plane fly want one. Which is prone to happen at my club, for example one of the club members at my club bought a U-CAN-DO 3D and flew this plane day after day until about half the club had one. No joke it was like one day he was the only one with one then the next there were 5 of them along the flight lines. This is what I would try to do with the sky hawlk .Also I would not just fly it I would tell everyone I know about this plane and describe it in every detail.
I would like to try to start flying in pattern I have been interested for awhile but I am only 15 and I would have to mow alooooot of yards to buy a pattern plane. Not to say I havent tried. If I had this plane I would not only spread the word in the U.S but I would spread the word on this plane world wide. In the form of reviews forms and anything elese I can do. I promise you if I get this plane you will not regret it I will post a detailed review on RCU also I would open a form on RCU that has a detailed flight log.
Old 01-31-2004, 05:03 PM
John Murdoch
My Feedback: (11)

Billy,

I've been reading a lot of the responses from kids around 14 years old, reading how they mow lawns and try to save money to get into and stay in this hobby. Probably, like many of us now into R/C airplanes, there was a time when we were in our teens and although we really wanted to, we couldn't afford it.

I remember when I was in my teens. My neighbors and friends fathers had R/C airplanes and every Saturday, they would load up the station wagons and go to fly. I really wanted to be part of that crowd but could never afford it. I remember I saved enough money to buy a Ringmaster u-controlled airplane. I took my time building it and I remember saving up for one roll of Monokote at a time, but never had enough money to buy the engine, so it just hung on my wall for years, built without an engine. When I ask new guy's at the field why they got into this hobby, they normally say without hesitation, "I've wanted to every since I was a kid but I just couldn't afford it".

Now that I'm retired, it was my son who bought a trainer for me for Christmas a couple of years back. He thought I needed something to do with my time. That's all it took. I was hooked from a lure that had been placed in my mouth years ago.

I'd like to formally withdraw my participation in this "Promotion". I hope that you can read though some of these kids submittals and can find that special someone that has the same dream I/we had years ago. Someone who could promote your product as well as satisfy a dream that they could never achieve given their circumstances.

I'm sure, even if the person that "wins" this lucky honor of promoting your Skylark doesn't have much experience, you could find someone in their area to help in making a dream come true.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.