Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Hacker C50 Bearing Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2004, 10:32 AM
Magne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hacker C50 Bearing Replacement

Hello.
I have accidentally damaged the front bearing on my Hacker C50 XL 12 motor.
I believe that I have to take the gearbox off the motor and remove the front shaft to get the bearing out. How is the gearbox attached to the motor?
Also, what lubrication would you use on the gears?
Thank you,
Magne
Old 11-04-2004, 11:15 PM
JasonG
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Hacker C50 Bearing Replacement

Magne,

I've had the gearbox off of my 12XL a couple times......it actually loosened itself, but thats a whole different story. One of the eight mounting holes in the gearbox has a short set screw in it that tightens up against the face of the motor. You will have to find a allen wrench to fit in through the hole and loosen it up. I dont recall the size of the wrench, but its fairly small. Once you have that loosened up, the gearbox just screws off the front of the motor. I have a pair of adjustable wrap around rubber wrenchs that tighten up against the case of the motor and gearbox to loosen and retighten the gearbox. I dont think you need to worry about relubing the gears once the box is off. There is quite a bit inside the drive and as long as you dont remove it all, then i think you'll be fine.

Jason
Old 11-08-2004, 04:35 AM
Magne

Default RE: Hacker C50 Bearing Replacement

Thanks a lot, Jason.
Magne