Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

CA Models 40 Size Epsilon

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2005, 09:49 PM
blw
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: CA Models 40 Size Epsilon

Talked to Russ at Pattern Proz and he said that they had been out of Epsilons for 2 months. He also said that everyone is wanting CA Model kits.

Called Rocco at Aero Works and the shipment is due around Apr 10th. No Epsilons are in that container, including the new 40 size kit. He was supposed to get them. He said that containers are selling almost as fast as he gets them in. Also, a U.S. bound container went to Australia by mistake. It looks like another 4-6 weeks before any Epsilon comes to the U.S.
Old 04-10-2005, 08:58 AM
MAKdaddy
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, that conifrms everything I've already heard. Not good. I've called to get my money back and but I keep getting the runaround--saying they're having problems with the Paypal account and BS like that. Come on, have some integrity and just give me my money back! It's not like I'm a typical ARF'er who waited a week before whining that its not here--I'm talking F'n January!

If I don't see the money in my Paypal account by this Monday (they said last Thursday) I'm going to sick my CC company on them.

Sending a container to the wrong country...on the opposite side of the world ?!?!?!?!? What's the excuse for this, they both start with an 'A'. ???

Old 04-11-2005, 01:58 AM
cameron

Also, a U.S. bound container went to Australia by mistake. It looks like another 4-6 weeks before any Epsilon comes to the U.S.
Oops!
Thats expensive, bet someone got in trouble bigtime for that!!
No need to pay return freight though, im sure we can find a good home for them!!!!
Old 04-11-2005, 11:27 PM
AdrianM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Epsilon 120...Finally, a top notch wood fuse pattern plane at a reasonable price! I am finishing my Epsilon 90 now and I can't wait to get its big bro!
Old 04-13-2005, 08:26 PM
blw

AdrianM,

Are you planning on building the Epsilon 120 stock, or will you make some control surface modifications? I noticed where the Epsilon 60 has wingtip dihedral and the Widebody 60 does not.
Old 04-13-2005, 10:33 PM
AdrianM

I'd build it bone stock. CA planes are really well engineered. I am almost done with the fuse of my Epsilon 90 and that is by far the most impressive kit I have ever assembled. One of the older pattern pilots I know was telling me you cant build a wood pattern plane without a fuse jig. I beg to differ. My Epsilon fuse snapped together with no fitting, sanding or glue. As instructed I drew a reference line on my build table and placed the fuse over it. I think Marcello has you do this just to show off a little. It was dead nuts straight and square without the slightest push or tweak to get it there.

I am sold. I will be building a lot more CA planes in the future.
Old 04-14-2005, 09:02 AM
rhonea
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: MAKdaddy

Yeah, that conifrms everything I've already heard. Not good. I've called to get my money back and but I keep getting the runaround--saying they're having problems with the Paypal account and BS like that. Come on, have some integrity and just give me my money back! It's not like I'm a typical ARF'er who waited a week before whining that its not here--I'm talking F'n January!

If I don't see the money in my Papal account by this Monday (they said last Thursday) I'm going to sick my CC company on them.

Sending a container to the wrong country...on the opposite side of the world ?!?!?!?!? What's the excuse for this, they both start with an 'A'. ???

Hello guys, it's Russ from Pattern Proz, I have not been use to running across threads in which my company is being accused of giving people the runaround and not taking care of business. Any of you ever played the game where you tell one person setting next to you a story and by the time the story gets to the other end of the circle it is completely different than what it started out? Well this is what this particular thread reads like so I will help you out and get the tread accurate.

For starters, Ca did not send a container to Australia by accident they sent the container there on purpose. They did not have a problem leaving the US in a situation where we would be out of inventory for pretty much our entire building season. The reason for this is because they know that they have an unrivaled product at an unrivaled price so right now they can pretty much do whatever they want to do and most guys are still going to wait on, and buy their planes because right now they are the only game in town that offers what they offer. However they are smart enough to know that they shouldn't put all their eggs in the US basket so they spread themselves very thin trying to get in every market they can.

Second of all Huggo in Miami was warehousing the models to help his friend Marcello originally keep the models in the US after Planes Plus and CA models fell out due to quality issues. Huggo, for those of you who may not know has a shop in Miami that primarily caters to the Heli market so dealing with distribution of the CA models probably got to be too much and so they decided to move the warehouse location to New York, apparently this didn't work out so last but not least they are now going to be distributed by Aeroworks here in the US.

The last thing I would like to cover is the Paypal issue. I am not going to waste your time with all the details but be aware there are people out there who are trying their very best to get into merchants paypal accounts and they are doing it through e-mails that look just like they came from paypal. Matt, you and I spoke on the phone and I told you that I had just transfered all funds out of my Paypal account and that I would need to send you a check as soon as the transfer was complete and that is exactly what I did. There is no need to get your CC company involved and even if you did, that could take up to a month to be reconciled so you will have your money back within the next couple of days. As far as integrity goes, well never mind getting into that, I spend most of my day 6 days a week helping anyone who takes time to call me to talk about pattern flying, pattern planes, set up, Etc. it is what we do and the market that I am trying my very best to cater to and I don't think there is anyone out there that I know of who would say that I have cut them short or not given them good information so enough said.

For those of you who have kits on backorder with me I am sure that in the very near future the container will arrive and everyone who has been waiting on their planes will receive them. I feel that after having a few conversations with Rocco myself, that the stock situation of the CA models will be greatly improved and that parts availability will also be much better than in the past.

Russ
Old 04-14-2005, 08:25 PM
Triggerf16

Not to drag this thread too far off topic, but I must put in the good word the for Russ at PatternProz and the folks at AeroWorks.

Sure, the delivery of airplanes from the factory is behind. But they are in the business of trying to do the best things for their customers. They have not been conspiring to delay the planes, they want to sell them as much as we want to buy them. They are doing the best they can to deal with the supply situation they are stuck with.

The planes are nice. They are in demand. They're made 8000 miles away in Argentina. Therefore they are scarce.

Every time I have called Russ he has been nothing but friendly and helpful on the phone. Yeah, I'm waiting for two kits myself, but they'll get in when they get in. Nothing I can say will change that.

So go easy on 'em. Running a hobby shop is a tough business. Not many of them drive Ferraris, so they must be it the business because they enjoy it, not for the money.

Just my two cents. . .

Trigger
Old 04-14-2005, 08:47 PM
blw

Russ and AdrianM,

First, I agree with the CA Models fuselages being almost perfect. My friend said the same thing about his WB 60. He was amazed at how straight and correct it went together. As for me, I put mine on the GP magnetic board because it has the grids. (it was a birthday gift so I use it) I used 90 degree triangles to check before gluing and my WB 40 aligned the same way. I think that CA Models has a great deal going on, and not just because of the laser cut parts. The sheeting looks perfect and the planes are fantastic in the air. All of this and they come with a very good price for what you get. Plus, if you look at the buildup pics you can see where the whole layout is cleverly thought out. Building is a no nonsense affair. I like the kits just the way they are and will probably not be too happy when I have to go back to the more traditional kits one day.

As to what Russ had to say. I spoke to you about a week ago and asked for an Epsilon for a buddy. That was for MKDaddy before I knew that he had ordered it from you. I had told him that I would ask around. You and I talked about pattern a lot and I appreciated your time with someone who wasn't buying anything. That kind of friendly help is appreciated and always remembered. I thought it was you who told me about a misdirected shipment, but I see where it was someone else. Maybe Rocco said that. I talked to a lot of people around that time, so I know that I won't remember who mentioned it. I never took it as a big thing. It happens. No big deal to me. Actually, I found it a little amusing. The changeover will take time before Aero-Works and CA Models can predict a reasonable product flow to the U.S. I've spoken to Huggo in Miami and he is a great guy. He was helpful and talked a while. I ended up buying my WB 40 direct from CA Models. This was when it was more difficult to find the kits, and before this recent burst of interest in the them. I happened to become interested in them and dug around RCU before deciding to buy my first pattern plane. I hate to say it for us guys waiting for kits (I'm waiting for the first shipments of the Epsilon 40!) but these things are getting hot, and finding them may become harder. Rocco said that they are selling very fast. Therefore, I already have a backup WB 40 kit for building one day in the future.
Old 04-14-2005, 09:37 PM
AdrianM

The bad thing about the Internet is that its seems the only people have anything to say are people not happy about one thing or another. Content consumers rarely post about how wonderful something is. Thats just human nature. You are mad and you and want satisfaction. I can't believe how many "I got part X and its junk" posts I see on line. You ask the guy if he called his shop or the Mfg to get help and they always say no. I got no sympathy for those guys.

I just wish people were more patient and willing to work things out rather than jump the gun with a ranting post.

(Adrian steps off Soap Box)
Old 04-15-2005, 11:08 AM
halflight
My Feedback: (5)

I heard from Russ regarding my order for Widebody 60. I had a business and I know how important it is for good relations with customers. I don't mean to bad mouth anyone if they just keep me informed regarding my order. Russ has done that. I'm happy when a firm shows that they do care. I know that I'm not the only one wanting their order shipped soon.
Russ explained that it may be two weeks or so..I can live with that or if their is a delay just let me know. I feel like they are trying their best..that's all I can ask.
Old 04-15-2005, 10:39 PM
blw

Russ is a nice guy. He knew that I had already placed an order with Aero Works and he still talked pattern planes with me as long as I wanted. He never said anything bad or negative about the situations, and was enthusiastic that I had kits on order from someone else. I don't run into people like that too often, sad to say. Rocco at AW is a pretty nice guy too and seems to be open about everything. I'll probably order my next plane from Pattern Proz just because Russ is a decent owner. He said that they are expanding just about all of their items, and the website won't reflect this. He advised to call and ask, and he will probably have it. I can live with back orders if that is how it is.
Old 05-23-2005, 08:34 PM
blw

I called Aero Works today and the new container had arrived. Rocco said that my order for the Epsilon 40 would probably go out today.