Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pattern Universe - RC Pattern Flying > RC Pattern Flying
Reload this Page >

Quique not going to France this year?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Quique not going to France this year?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2005, 02:56 PM
Pattern freak
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Quique not going to France this year?

Well guys it is true,looks that Quique is not going to the Worlds this year in France.
I hope he will be present in Argentina in 2007.

For all the guys that are going to France you`ll have a chance to move up 1 position.

Check this site http://membres.lycos.fr/amcromilly/ and go to the World Champioship site and search for competitors.

Old 06-03-2005, 03:38 PM
Aresti-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Quique not going to France this year?

Cousin down in Argentina said he requested the Argentinean Model Airplane Federation to give him a place in the team based on his previous history of wins and so forth. Reason was he was now living in the US and he could not travel to the local qualifyers.

They should have given him a slot in the team. I guess he would have won the qualyfiers anyway.
Old 06-03-2005, 03:50 PM
Eric.Henderson

He will be at the USA nationals this year so we mere mortals can all move down one spot :-)
Old 06-03-2005, 04:44 PM
jamesjoneill

That sounds like a rather arrogant attitude he has... Everyone else has to put the time and effort into qualifying, as well as the commitment into supporting their country's F3A community, except him apparantly!! Surely if you can't be bothered to live in your country you shouldn't have any right to represent them, in F3A or anything else????

James
Old 06-03-2005, 05:07 PM
Eric.Henderson

The last word that I would ever use to describe Quique is arrogant.

He is in that place that so many internationals have been so often. Living in the USA but would like to represent their native country. The UK has qualifying regulations as do many other countries. Agentina stuck to theirs. Was there any harm or arrogance in Quique asking? That will always be a matter of opinion.

As an Ex-pat I see it from both sides. I know that I am looking forward to being in the same competition as Quique and seeing if I can break 800 against him, or any of the USA team, before I get too old to fly FAI :-)

It's only model aeroplanes after all.

Regards,

Eric.

ORIGINAL: jamesjoneill

That sounds like a rather arrogant attitude he has... Everyone else has to put the time and effort into qualifying, as well as the commitment into supporting their country's F3A community, except him apparantly!! Surely if you can't be bothered to live in your country you shouldn't have any right to represent them, in F3A or anything else????

James
Old 06-03-2005, 05:51 PM
jamesjoneill

You can't have it both ways though. You can't really say you want to fly for one country but you'd rather live in another!!

It depends why you've moved away to certain extent of course but I know that if I was in the position to be a contender for the UK team (a few years off yet I realise!) I would be rather put out to hear that someone else felt they deserved a place above me without going through the effort and commitment involved in taking part in the team trials etc. There's more to getting a place in a team that pure skill, surely dedication and commitment to your country comes into this as well?

I don't know Quique so don't want to put him down, he's a great pilot and has done much for the sport, but you can see my point I am sure.

James
Old 06-03-2005, 06:45 PM
robert

I heard that he will be on the US team?!?!?! Not sure if thats possible and he isn't listed as being on either team in the official W/C site. The above site is for Romilly by the way, but you can navigate to the World champ site through it.
Old 06-03-2005, 07:44 PM
Ryan Smith
My Feedback: (25)

James

Arrogant eh? Quique was forced to sit this year out since he will be flying for the US team from now on. Not his choice, but the FAI's.
Old 06-03-2005, 08:03 PM
SCJ

And, I might add, we will be fortunate to have Quique. He is absolutely a fantastic flier - as his record shows - and an outstanding individual as well. We need more like Quique with his kind, friendly attitude.
Old 06-03-2005, 09:14 PM
Pattern freak

This is what this GREAT PILOT has to say to his fellow modelers friends in ARGENTINA`` it was not his choice``.

Btw sorry for those who doesn`t read spanish http://www.e-aeromodelismo.com.ar/No...rta_quique.htm

This is a letter that he send to the ARGENTINA model community.

My support goes for Quique,i admire him and to see him fly gives me more and more motivation to keep practicing and practicing.
Old 06-04-2005, 02:39 AM
jamesjoneill

Chaps,

don't get me wrong here. I have nothing bad to say about him at all and I too admire his skills and his contribution to F3A. The initial suggestion was that he had chosen to live in the US but was trying to get onto the Argentinian team without going through the rigors of team trials etc. Unfortunately I do not read Spanish so cannot tell exactly what he has said but it seems from what was written above that this wasn't strictly what happened.

If he's moving to the US and will eventually be flying for the US team (assuming he qualifies and one would assume he will!!) then it is unfortunate that there is this delay where he is in "no man's land" meaning he will miss the Worlds this year.[]

I am sure he is far from arrogant and has done everything honestly and above board. That's not what the second post in this thread was implying though, which made it sound like an arrogant stance to take.

James
Old 06-04-2005, 10:09 PM
Pro pattern

Hello everyone,

There are some site that offers Translation, but it’s sometime too latterly, but still understandable.

Hope this helps the ones that don't understand Spanish.

http://www.google.com/language_tools?hl=en

http://babelfish.altavista.com/

Regards,
Danny Koolman
www.arubarcclub.com
Old 06-05-2005, 10:16 PM
Quique Somenzini

Hi every one, I am Quique Somenzini
I am not a very active person about forum (lately a bit more), but for some reason today I read this threat and I thought I should write to share with you my thoughts about this matter and to clarify some information.
Yes, I am not competing this year in France for the W/C. The reason is I am not in the Argentinian team. I am not in the Argentina's team because the Argentina team selection program requires to do 5 mandatory contest in 2 years. Out of those 5 the 3 best count and one of them must be the Argentina Nationals. This rule was new for 2003. That year I went to Poland representing Argentina in the W/C plus several trips in the country (USA) and overseas and date conflict made impossible my going to Argentina on that year. To qualify for France W/C the counting contest were during 2003 and 2004. So for 2004 It was mandatory for me to go to the Argentina nationals plus 2 contest. At beginning of 2004 I communicated to FAA that was impossible for me for reason of time, date conflict and money to go to Argentina 3 times during 2004 to qualify for the team and I ask them if they would consider an exception and leave me a spot in the Argentina team. The FAA told me they could not do that exception and they will stick to the rules. It was and it is impossible for me to follow those rules for the reasons I explained before (time, conflict schedule and money) so I could not qualify for the team. I respect the rules but I just can not accomplish, this is the reason why I am not in the Argentina team for this year W/C.

We moved to USA in 2001 and my wife and me are living here since then. We have our lifes here. We moved to this country as million of people did since USA was borned, we came for a dream, we came thinking in our future in a better future. Our son was borned here in USA and here is where we feel we will spend the rest of our life. It is my intention to try to qualify for the USA team to compete in 2007 W/C. I am ok with FAI and AMA rules.
Life is challenging and it is not easy, believe me all this is very difficult for me, but I must look to the future and follow my heart. My heart tells me that I want to keep competing in F3A W/C. The only way to compete in W/C is by representing a country as FAI request, so in my case clearly is the country that I choose to live, USA.
I would like to thank everybody that continuosly expresses their support to my decision. This support is honestly my fuel.
Sorry for my long post. Sincerely. Quique Somenzini

Old 06-06-2005, 12:04 AM
Buzz Lightyear

Quique

It is a shame you are not competing at the W/C. Keep up the good work.

Regards

Anthony
Old 06-06-2005, 10:14 AM
mups53
My Feedback: (41)

Quique welcome to the United States. Just as my father immigrated to the US in the 1920's he also came for a the hope of a better life.
I am pleased that you will have the opportunity to qualify for the US team in 2007. The competition will be tough because the quality of our team is very high. Your participation in the process will help to strengthen us. I wish you the best along with the new Argentinian team in Paris. Mike Mueller
Old 06-06-2005, 11:17 AM
Doug Cronkhite
My Feedback: (34)

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: Buzz Lightyear

Quique

It is a shame you are not competing at the W/C. Keep up the good work.

Regards

Anthony
I think it's more of a shame that he had to come here and defend himself from people who know nothing of the situation but feel compelled to comment on it and Quique himself regardless of fact.
Old 06-06-2005, 12:50 PM
famousdave
My Feedback: (61)

James
Jamesjoneill - You obvioiusly have never met the man or seen him fly.

Doug.. I couldn't agree more!

I honestly do not know of a nicer, more geniune and honest person. This hobby, and the world in general need more people like him.
Our hobby will only benefit from QueQui's presence in the US.

Gentlemen, the bar has been raised.
DP
Old 06-06-2005, 01:02 PM
Paternguy

In my experience the only group that collectively exceeds the arrogance of the Brits are the French.
Old 06-06-2005, 01:35 PM
Erik Johansson

Come on guys. James expressed his opinion on the principle of moving to another country and still wanting to compete for your native country even though you can´t make the qualifying competitions. This has got nothing to do with the person Quique but simply one single action that he commented. I´m not saying I agree with him or with you, but starting to badmouth him because of what he posted is definately way worse in my opinion than making the comments he did, which he clearly based on the info given in this thread by others. That info proved to very simplified and was easy to misunderstand so I can understand the way James read it, because I did so too. Our interpretation may have been wrong (looking at what Quique wrote) but if you´re not allowed to make comments based on info given in threads the forum kind of looses it´s meaing. Also, we may have different opinions on things (I don´t know), but we can still show eachother some respect.

/Erik
Old 06-06-2005, 01:44 PM
patternrules
My Feedback: (6)

There isn't a nicer guy, straight shooter always willing to help or just answer questions, I can sure understand him wanting to compete under his home countrys flag, but if the truth be known in time he could have paid his money and been on the USA team but because they had the Team Selection a year earlier than the in past, and the USA Team would have been Jason, Qui Que, and Chip. As I see it Aurgentina RC has done a disservice to it's own country.
Steve Maxwell
Old 06-06-2005, 11:32 PM
marmitas

A few more facts about Quique (he did not mention in his clarification message)
He has represented Argentina in international competition for over 20 years. His first world championship was in South Africa and, at that time, he was smaller than his plane. He still holds the record as the youngest pilot ever to compete in the world championship. With the exception of TWO airline tickets (over 20 years) he and his family had to pay all expenses so he could compete and represent Argentina. There are some very good pilots in Argentina but NOBODY comes close to him. Everyone knows that in the Argentinean federation.
As a professional he could not remain in Argentina. Look at the map it is too far from any where were he could compete and maintain the level of exposure needed by a professional.
I am from Argentina and I also emigrated to the US. I know how painful it was for him to make this decision. I also read the correspondence between him and the federation. They blew it and it is too late to backtrack. Next worlds will be in Argentina hmmmmmm.....They are kicking their federated tails.
By the way Beckman plays football (aka soccer) for Real Madrid right? Should he be allowed to play in the English national team?

OK I'm of this soap box and get onto another soap box but this is about GOOD NEWS for those that live anywhere near Rochester, NY

QUIQUE will be doing an exhibition on July 23 and 24 in Rochester NY
Send me a pm if you want more details

Andres Rodriguez
I'm living proof that not all Argentinean thumbs are made alike
Old 06-07-2005, 04:23 AM
artistic-aero

Oh come on! One guy expresses a view and suddenly we clutch out hearts and salute the US flag. Don't be so shallow as to attack the British or the French, believe me, Europe has its sterotypes for the US as well. Perhaps we should all remember its a hobby and we all enjoy it. It would be nice to think we can say what we want and hope it is taken in context and that we can all sit down and have a beer and talk shop. Quique is a great guy and I always follow his progress and love to watch him fly. It nice he should clarify the situation and I'm sure he has. Whoever mentioned Beckham playing for England... well... I'd say the answer was fairly obvious.

So how about a big US-UK-FR hug?
Old 06-07-2005, 04:37 AM
Paternguy

LOL, I am basing it on my own personal experience, I have spend a good bit of time abroad. I will make another generalization, the Italians are about the friendliest people I have met, the French are the rudest bunch, and the Brits, well if they put their noses any higher they will fall over back wards. Sure their may be few good ones, I just haven't met them yet.
Old 06-07-2005, 05:55 AM
Erik Johansson

ORIGINAL: artistic-aero

Oh come on! One guy expresses a view and suddenly we clutch out hearts and salute the US flag. Don't be so shallow as to attack the British or the French, believe me, Europe has its sterotypes for the US as well. Perhaps we should all remember its a hobby and we all enjoy it. It would be nice to think we can say what we want and hope it is taken in context and that we can all sit down and have a beer and talk shop. Quique is a great guy and I always follow his progress and love to watch him fly. It nice he should clarify the situation and I'm sure he has. Whoever mentioned Beckham playing for England... well... I'd say the answer was fairly obvious.

So how about a big US-UK-FR hug?
Well said. I´ve never liked any kind of generalizations, I judge individuals by their actions, not based on where they happen to be born or live. I´ve met nice people from just about every part of the world and the opposite as well. On the subject of Quique it sure is a pity he won´t come to the WC as he definately should be there I think.

/Erik
Old 06-07-2005, 06:16 AM
Angus Balfour

That’s unfortunate you have found that pattern guy, we’re not all like that. Plus when you say "Brits" I take it you mean you have been to Scotland, Wales, England and Northern Ireland and experienced first hand what great people we are and aren't just talking about the English.

Plus I have actually found the French to be very, very friendly. Going there tonight actually and I'm sure they will welcome me with open arms as always. Perhaps it's just you who other people find objectionable

Angus

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.