Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Andersonville carnage

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2005, 07:44 AM
J Lachowski
My Feedback: (46)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Andersonville carnage

With the non scoring of takeoff and landing a CD should be able to increase the distance between flightlines. This should help reduce the possibility of a midair. I'm wondering if these midairs are occuring at contests where the flightlines are close. I still can remember in the Northeast many years ago(late 80s, early 90s) where we would have 3 flightlines going and somehow manage to avoid a midair. <g>
Old 06-22-2005, 09:54 PM
patternflyr
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Andersonville carnage

Hey Joe,

I would guess that the flight lines were about 50 yards apart. It seemed pretty adequate. Anyway, my hope is that with so much loss at this years contest, we should be good for several years to come. On a side note, on Sunday morning, I simply asked people not to hit any other planes. No one had a midair on Sunday. So, I guess that needs to be part of the Saturday pilots meeting also.

On a serious note, I too had thought that maybe an avoidance rule for pattern would be nice. But, like Mike said, he had no chance to see the other plane. I had a midair at Mike's old field several years ago and I know I didn't see the other plane until confetti was raining down from the sky.

Emory.