Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

World Models Groovy 3A

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 03:04 AM
rcflip

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default World Models Groovy 3A

Hi,

I have had a couple of CMPro Swallow EX 90 arf's and find them beautiful to fly but am unimpressed
with the covering. I would like to move on to a better pattern airplane and would like to know
what the World Models - Groovy 3A is like.

I powered my latest Swallow with a Saito 100 and think the combination is ok, this motor will go
in the Groovy if I choose to buy it.

Cheers,
Sam.
Old 07-27-2005, 05:25 AM
riot3d

Default RE: World Models Groovy 3A

Sam,

I have a World Models 2 meter Zen III. As far as I know, the Groovy line is derived from that plane. To be honest, the Zen III is not the best flying airplane for the current FAI schedule. However, it is more than capable handling up to the Advanced class.

As for the Groovy, I have seen the kit at the Worlds' office when they first came out, and was pretty impressed with the finishing. As a matter of fact, I am thinking of getting one as a knock around plane myself. However, I will use a differnt engine mount than the one supplied by them. Also, I will reinforce the landing gear area. As for engine, I suggest the YS 110.

Good luck,

Adrian
Old 07-29-2005, 04:18 PM
rcflip

Thanks Adrian,

I think that I am a little green for the YS (the Saito will go in this plane) but with your comments I think that this plane should suit me as I
am still flying the sportsman sequence. It is hard to find good pattern arf's in Australia which are not expensive.

Cheers,
Sam.
Old 07-29-2005, 05:00 PM
riot3d

Sam,

One more suggestion, the owner of Worlds is a good friend of mine, and have informed me the plane's first production run is a bit on the tail heavy side. Therefore, pay close attention when you put the plane together and really check the CG.

Adrian
Old 08-25-2005, 05:01 AM
haisanjafri

hi Groovy 90 3A flyers,

I just bot d kit yesterday, looks great! I m shifting on it after havin my Kyosho Majestic 1400 flown hundred of hours.

I am confused about selecting the engine for this model. Kit says 90 4Stroke, where my experience says that OS 91 FX 2Stroke delivers more power than OS 91 4Stroke Surpass. So plz write whoever flying this model with what engine.

Hows evert1's experience with the model and what engine you using on it?

I need max climb in less $, thats all !

Regards,

Sunny.
Old 08-25-2005, 05:03 AM
haisanjafri

hi Groovy 90 3A flyers,

I just bot d kit yesterday, looks great! I m shifting on it after havin my Kyosho Majestic 1400 flown hundred of hours.

I am confused about selecting the engine for this model. Kit says 90 4Stroke, where my experience says that OS 91 FX 2Stroke delivers more power than OS 91 4Stroke Surpass. So plz write whoever flying this model with what engine.

Hows evert1's experience with the model and what engine you using on it?

I need max climb in less $, thats all !

Regards,

Sunny.