Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pattern Universe - RC Pattern Flying > RC Pattern Flying
Reload this Page >

Rx Battery consumption--how much per flight?

Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Rx Battery consumption--how much per flight?

Old 08-10-2005, 04:07 AM
f3a05

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rx Battery consumption--how much per flight?

Just an idle query really, but I'm Intrigued---
I normally use a pumped OS 160 in my 2 metre pattern planes, and expect to put around 150 to 200 maH back into the Rx battery after a PO5 schedule--the least if it's calm,most if it's windy.
I've just rebuilt an MVVS 160 glow with the factory replacement (bronze bushed) conrod,in place of the original needle roller thing, which was incapable of surviving pattern flying stresses. I also replaced the original rear bearing with a stainless one, although the original one was still OK.
As I use a very simple, cheap, soft mount system, I can swap the MV/OS without changing anything else, other than a slight repositioning of the Rx batt. to keep the C.of G. the same.
With the MV, I find that the Rx battery only needs consistently less than 90 MaH.,for the same flights.
I can only guess that there must be less vibration transmission to the radio gear with the MV.
Does anyone else have figures for this sort of thing?
Old 08-10-2005, 06:18 AM
Magne

Default RE: Rx Battery consumption--how much per flight?

In my old model, powered with a YS 140, I typically re-charged 150-200 mAh (or more) after a 10 minutes flight. (Analogue Futaba 9102 servos.)
With my electric model, this is now reduced to 35-45 mAh, after 10 minuates flying. (Digital JR 8401/8411 servos.)
The difference is due to the much lower vibrations of the electric system, so I would guess your assumption is correct.
(Re-charged 200 mAh into the 2s li-po pack, after 6 flights/52 min. yesterday.)

Regards,
Magne
Old 08-10-2005, 07:03 AM
Rune

Default RE: Rx Battery consumption--how much per flight?

so you are out and do some cheating Magne ...6 flights!...good!
well i'm using ca 150-170 mAh ... Os 140 on home made "hydemount" ...5 dig.futabas and 1 mini Hitech on trothel.