Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Groovy 50 3A by The World Models

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2006, 06:32 PM
sigrun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Groovy 50 3A by The World Models

Have you got the Suki going yet?
Hi BE

No. As usual, too busy flying. I'd always rather fly than even assemble an ARF. Too many years of true (scratch & kit) building and covering before we had the ARF option, exacerbated by enforced scratch building in multiples though active involvement in the carnage of C/L combat for decades. Still love to fly it, but so loath the endless building required to fly contemporary F2D, my competitive quartet of 30,000RPM screamers are quasi-retired and I'm content flying more resilient classic Brit TBR diesel powered flat sectioned 'whale tails' circa late 60's early 70's vintage - simply for fun today. Magnificent names from a halcyon aeromodelling era. eg: "Liquidator", "Warlord", "Ironmonger", they stem from a time when I used to leaf through "The Aeromodeller" borrowed from the local library, lusting in my adolescent imagination after a legendary Oliver Tiger and other such glamorous leading edge kit the meagre earnings from my paper run couldn't afford.

Back to R/C. Although today is unseasonally windy, over here, autumn through early winter (now) is the best R/C flying weather of our year. Whilst we are blessed with a climate in which we can operate all year around save the, literally, few inclement days, now's not the time to be "in the shed".

Human nature being what it is, I long ago mandated myself the rule not to commence any project until I have the prior one completed. No exceptions. Tough though the exercise of restraint can be at times, that includes deferring repairs or maintenance in favour of impulsive open the new box excitement. Before I start on anything new including the "Sukhoi", I have a fatigued spar (wing tube, female) removal and remount repair to do to the starboard wing of my "Home Run" to return it to the line, a fatigued horizontal stab on my venerable "Comet" to strip and reinforce along with some fleet preventative maintenance which really requres immediate attention. eg: My PC-9 is approaching the 750 flight mark and is in need of major inspection and some hardware replacement (ie: replace nylon clevises/ worn horns, remove and inspect/replace those supplied 2mm metal control rods for stress weakness/flexing where they exit the dowel rod (prone to failure) etc.

Saw your post on the Swallow EX build. It's a decent flyer. I'll be surprised if you don't like it. Some find that modding the rudder to eliminate that large aerodynamic horn by integrating it into the fin improves stability and (rudder) re-recentering.

Old 07-05-2006, 05:49 PM
bleesweb
My Feedback: (4)

What is a good place to buy World Models? My LHS does not carry much of anything. I am looking for an online shop in the US.
Old 07-05-2006, 07:57 PM
sigrun

ORIGINAL: bleesweb
What is a good place to buy World Models? My LHS does not carry much of anything. I am looking for an online shop in the US.
Dunno' about whether it's a "good" place to buy them, but [link=http://www.ecsvr.com/abm/shopdisplaycategories.asp]this is the etail site[/link] of the US TWM importer and distributor.
Old 07-06-2006, 05:36 PM
bleesweb
My Feedback: (4)

What is everyone using for servos?
Old 07-19-2006, 06:19 PM
jetboy2003

Well here is my first attempt at pattern flying... I ended up with the 3D version but I'm sure it will be a great performer. If I grow to like this enough I may end up with the 50 or 90 F3A models.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd92776.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	493781