Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pattern Universe - RC Pattern Flying > RC Pattern Flying
Reload this Page >

What would you do with this engine?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

What would you do with this engine?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2006, 06:03 AM
perttime

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default What would you do with this engine?

I have a Rossi 105 Aero engine lying around and I do not know what to do with it. In 2000, the engine was marketed for F3A.

"The engine is a 18 cc 2-stroke with rear intake/exhaust, with pump and weights 813 grams. According to the manufacturer it produces 5,8 hp at ~11.000 rpm! The RPM is maybe not so suitable for quiet F3A but they also mention that it swings a 16x16 prop at ~10.000 rpm! It comes complete with pipe and manifold."

(there is a picture in my gallery)

Should I
- keep it in the box?
- put it in a 2 meter F3A plane?
- put it in a ".90 size" pattern plane?
- Build a big pylon racer for it?

Currently I am not competing in any class.
(I posted a similar question in the Engines forum but there are no responses yet.)
Old 01-01-2006, 08:06 AM
EXCAP232
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What would you do with this engine?

Put it in a H-9 Showtime and learn Artistic Aerobatics. Hope this is available in Finland.
You want to avoid posting the same item in different forms. It's against fourm rules. Try deleting the duplicate.
EXCAP232
Old 01-01-2006, 08:53 AM
perttime

Edited the other post to a more purely-engines form. It does not seem to be causing much interest.

If I put this engine in an aerobatic plane, it will be something along the lines of a Camodel Zafiro (".90 size" ) or a bigger F3A style plane, like a PL.F Concept Smaragd-Z.

The thing is, the quoted figures for the engine look huge but I have never heard of anybody using that engine. I am worried if it is actually suitable for the task in an aerobatic plane.
Old 01-01-2006, 07:42 PM
snap_roll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

put it in a 120 size plane about 1.8m wingspan/fuse length
Old 01-03-2006, 02:37 AM
perttime

ORIGINAL: snap_roll

put it in a 120 size plane about 1.8m wingspan/fuse length
Hmmm, I have never liked ARFs. They all look the same [] ARC would be OK.

Maybe I should design my own [>:] Get some paper, steal some structural solutions, borrow some outlines and airfoil shapes, figure out a way to mount that engine, cut some balsa and plywood... see if it flies. Not right now.
Old 01-03-2006, 11:55 AM
perttime

elation1 (Stevie D) pointed out that he has designed a 70 inch (1760mm) plane called Elation. It seems to be featured (and sold as plan) by Aviation Modeler International. It looks good on the AMI plans list. I think I will have to go to the library to read the recent AMI issues.