Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Greve Pipe___ help!

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2006, 11:30 AM
f3a05

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greve Pipe___ help!

Does anyone Know the length From plug, around c/l header, to first baffle?
OS 160, 10% nitro/18% oil, APC 17/12 or Engel 18/11.
Iv'e used the Greve pipe in the past, but can't find/ remember the length.
I've been using the Aeroslave pipe but the second one has today gone the way of the first one, and blown a baffle.
Old 04-15-2006, 01:39 PM
Dagern

Default RE: Greve Pipe___ help!

Hi,

According to W. Lorenz (www.f3alorenz.de) pages (in German):

SUPER-COMPETITION Resonanzrohr (wird auch bei Benzinmotoren verwendet) von 20 - 30 ccm
Neuer optimierter Resonanzschalldämpfer für Motoren . Durchmesser ist größer und daher kürzere Einbaulänge. Sehr leise, da mit 4-Kammer integriertem Nachdämpferteil.
Länge über alles ca. 625 x 48 mm D., Gewicht ca. 160 g, Prallplatte bei ca. 475 mm. Abstand Motorauslaß bis Prallplatte bei einem OS 160 sind ca. 600 - 650 mm

I'm not sure if it is the same pipe, but I think so. I ordered a Competition Resonanzrorhr for my 140 and this is the Greve pipe for the 140.

~DR
Old 04-15-2006, 01:48 PM
Dagern

Again,

This could be the pipe you have:

COMPETITION Resonanzrohr für 20 - 26 ccm (Ideal für OS 160)
LOW PRESSURE-Konstruktion, dadurch besseres Gasannehmen im Zwischengasbereich, sehr leise, F3A-WM getestet. Das Resorohr besitzt einen integriertem 4-Kammer Nachdämpferteil. Die gesamte Einbaulänge bei einem OS 140 RX, vom Motorauslaß bis Resonanzrohrende beträgt ca. 900 mm. Vorteil bei diesem Schalldämpfer ist, daß der Krümmer nicht verlängert werden muß
Länge über alles ca. 670 x 40 mm D., Gewicht ca. 130 g, Prallplatte bei ca. 495 mm.

For my 140 I have set the length to 900mm from the plug to the end of the pipe. The text does not say anything about the length for the 160 using this pipe.

Hope that I did not confuse you...

~DR
Old 04-15-2006, 04:33 PM
f3a05

Thanks--I'll try it tomorrow.