Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

CKAero Allure

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2014, 07:36 PM
bwick

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default CKAero Allure

There's a thread in the electric forum for the Allure but I found it necessary to make another in the general pattern forum as the design is not electric only. I just finished a write-up that gives you a little inside look into the design, construction, and flying qualities of this new airplane. The preorders are in and the factory is hard at work!

Checkout the new writeup at www.ckaero.net/blog
Old 08-21-2014, 04:03 AM
drac1
My Feedback: (4)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by bwick
There's a thread in the electric forum for the Allure but I found it necessary to make another in the general pattern forum as the design is not electric only. I just finished a write-up that gives you a little inside look into the design, construction, and flying qualities of this new airplane. The preorders are in and the factory is hard at work!

Checkout the new writeup at www.ckaero.net/blog
Thanks Brett.

I've been reading the thread in the electric pattern forum and was thinking the same.
Old 09-08-2014, 01:22 PM
smcharg
My Feedback: (1)

Received 124 Likes on 83 Posts

For those interested, here is the first video we captured of the Allure with the Contra in it. This is flight 4 or 5 with the Contra in the nose.

http://www.ckaero.net/blog/2014/09/0...-flight-video/
Old 10-08-2014, 08:12 AM
Brenner

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Congratulations to Bryan.

The Contra Allure looks like a winner!

Brenner ...
Old 10-08-2014, 01:25 PM
flyncajun

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thank you Brenner

I may be the last man on board with the Contra But I`m sold. The unit is fantastic! especially for AMA and the P pattern
And a great match for the Allure.

I found it easy to install and very user friendly (thanks to Lockhart
We will have it in Crowley at the "Cajun Nats" if any one want to fly it let me know.

Bryan
Old 10-09-2014, 11:21 PM
serious power

' especially for AMA and the P pattern '

Hi Bryan,
Your post seems to infer that the contra is not so fantastic for the F pattern and or unknowns - ???

Brian
Old 10-10-2014, 05:36 AM
flyncajun

Well probably I worded it incorrectly.
I think it excels at the long rolling style maneuvers like in the AMA style patterns and P patterns.it has an impressive calming feel. The breaking is" really" impressive combined with the Allure`s airframe. These two attributes will help the pilots ability to keep a nice pace and position. These are things that are hardest to learn and control. I have flown the contra a number of times before, and never was impressed with the application( usually over propped to slow the pace) and performance suffered But I think mostly it was prop selection. Not to mention all the yaw problems associated with the airplanes I flew.

I don`t have any experience flying it through unknowns or the F patterns Yet but I`ll let Brett, Dave evaluate that.
Clearly the unit is capable as proven by many other pilots at a world level.
I`ll have better feedback from a few other top pilots that have" this" setup in their Allure and pass their experiences along as they report.
But I did a number of snaps, and it reminded me of when I used to run three blades. The Pull during the snaps is relentless and this really helps land the snaps and not erode energy.

Keeping the airframe light for battery capacity will be key for the unknowns I think I have accomplished that.
All that being said,if I were ever to switch to electric, the Contra/Nue would be my first choice.

Bryan

Last edited by flyncajun; 10-10-2014 at 08:21 AM.
Old 10-10-2014, 07:10 AM
serious power

' Keeping the airframe light for battery capacity will be key for the unknowns I think I have accomplished that.
All that being said,if I were ever to switch to electric, the Contra/Nue would be my first choice. '

Bryan,
Yes that will be/ is the key to the bigger schedules - for sure.
The Throttle Tech will also help - likely even more with the bigger patterns - battery capacity allowing of course.

Brian
Old 01-20-2015, 05:40 PM
flyncajun

Hey guys APC has a new prop out for the 185 I have a couple for testing on the Allure.
Its a 21-10.5 and 10 grams lighter than the 20.5- 10 that we all currently love.
There are a few other guys out there who will have them testing soon as well. It will be good to hear their feedback.

I was able to put a few flights in with it in 65deg weather and the rpms were around 7000-7100 on the ground.
The sound in the air was a little quieter than the 20.5 and the motor didn't even notice the increase in diameter and pitch once it was in the air.

It it will be interesting to find out how it performs in the heat but so far it looks promising and another good prop from APC.

Bryan
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	4.11 MB
ID:	2065768  
Old 01-21-2015, 03:06 PM
rgreen24
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What the weight of this plane ready to fly, both electric and glow?
Old 01-21-2015, 05:28 PM
flyncajun

Hi Robert

The Electric version is a little lighter built and is 2300 grams that includes the gear and pants.
The Glow version is 2500 grams in the same setup.

The electric version we are currently flying has been setup with a Nue motor and a Contra drive. easily underweight!
The Glow model was 4900g ready to fly with all Heavy duty servos big RX Packs a YS mount and no effort to save weight from wheels, screws, or equipment.

Bryan
Old 01-22-2015, 07:13 AM
rgreen24

Thanks Bryan
Old 01-22-2015, 09:45 AM
smcharg
My Feedback: (1)

Received 124 Likes on 83 Posts

I have the Contra Allure right now. I have even added a few items to it i.e. 2 Tech-Aero Regulators w/ switches each connected to a 350mah 2S RX pack and a 10S Throttle-Tech. With a 1208g battery, the aircraft RTF is 4975g. That's impressive considering the Contra Unit adds 100g to the weight of a Neu w/geared system and I have redundant switches/regulators in this plane. I'm approaching 100 flights on the prototype and there is no visible wear and tear on the plane at all.
Old 01-22-2015, 01:44 PM
rgreen24

thanks Scott, great to hear that you are under weight and enjoying the model. I like the look of the allure, and I am considering the plane as a future model.