Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Japan Pattern hardware

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 07:03 PM
Mastertech
My Feedback: (31)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Japan Pattern hardware

In many of the posts here I see pattern models with things I think I'd like to use myself. One is the neat looking pipe mounts, short and long. Those I've found at hobbynet online.

https://www2.hobbynet-jp.com/overseas/index.shtml

There's a few others I'm not sure what they are. One is what looks like a check valve held down by some sort of black (Carbon)? V looking thing that wraps around a check valve with a single screw. What is the check valve for and who makes that hold down piece? Is it a vent valve for the tank? Do they run a line outside the aircraft? The next is the "One Touch" cowl/belly pan hold down system, how does it work? And lastly They use some very nice looking model holders that look to be very long with folding aluminum fuse and wing holders. These I've no clue where to find, home made maybe?

Most everything I'm curious about is here.

http://f3a.sakura.ne.jp/radiocontrol...7/x200617.html

Anyone know if these items are available in the USA?
Old 07-05-2006, 08:14 PM
riot3d

Default RE: Japan Pattern hardware

You can find check valve holder from Heliproz. The line outside the fuse is for either using a clamp, or shut off valve (again, Heliproz) to cut off excess fuel from getting into the DZ after landing, to prevent flooding.

Belly pan quick release - you should be able to find them from World Models.

Flight Hobby Japan sells a very nice folding airplane holder, cost somewhere in the neighbourhood of $200.00.

Hope this helps,

Adrian
Old 07-05-2006, 08:25 PM
Derek.Koopowitz

We've ordered directly from Japan - the Nishioka mounts came from there as well as the Asano header.

If you don't mind waiting for the product then feel free to order from them... it took almost 5 weeks to get the stuff I ordered.
Old 07-05-2006, 08:47 PM
Ryan Smith
My Feedback: (25)

Where are you guys getting the Asano stuff now? Directly from the factory or from a retailer? I've been running Asano pipes and headers on my OS 1.40's and will be needing some more in the future, as will a friend of mine. I haven't had to buy them from the factory because I got set from Quique when he was importing them and another set in teh airplane I'm flying now. Thanks alot!
Old 07-05-2006, 08:56 PM
Mastertech

I was more wondering about the check valve inside the belly pan that went nowhere that had the check valve in it. I think it must be the tank vent? Do you happen to have url's for world models and Flight Japan Hobby? I can't seem to find them. Thanks.

Tim
Old 07-05-2006, 09:14 PM
jayjayneri

The Japanese are very finicky about the neatness, cleanliness and appearance of their planes. The YS check valve installed inside the belly pan only functions as a breather for the engine. A check valve is used so no fuel will leak out and there is no need to bore a hole in the belly pan. Refuelling is done thru the line outside with the L fittings and the overflow is thru another line connected to the check valve line with a T fitting and sealed with a fuel dot. Hope I am making sense to you guys. This is the fuel system setup I am using on my Astral XX and my Genesis. By the way, the Nishioka pipe mounts and and one touch belly pan mounts work terrific and are just so convenient.

Jayjay
Old 07-05-2006, 09:27 PM
riot3d

Flight Hobby - http://www.flighthobby.jp/. However, they do not accept foreign orders, you best bet is to stay with with Hobbynet

World Models - http://www.airborne-models.com/Index.asp

Derek and I ordered our Asano headers and pipes from Hobbynet.

Adrian
Old 07-05-2006, 09:32 PM
Derek.Koopowitz

ORIGINAL: twtaylor

I was more wondering about the check valve inside the belly pan that went nowhere that had the check valve in it. I think it must be the tank vent? Do you happen to have url's for world models and Flight Japan Hobby? I can't seem to find them. Thanks.

Tim

The black holder for the check valve is available from most helicopter hobby shops - Heliproz carries them.
Old 07-06-2006, 06:16 AM
Mastertech

Thanks Derek, I checked a few chopper places and none have any instock at this time. It's no biggy as I won't need them untill this fall when I start building two Brio's. I'm going to use twin servo's in the tail so I was really considering the short muffler to eliminate the weight of the pipe behing the CG. How has this pipe and mount worked for you? Time wise it's no big deal but looks like with shipping that mount is going to be +$30. I might order several items to play with.

Tim
Old 07-06-2006, 08:34 AM
Derek.Koopowitz

ORIGINAL: twtaylor

Thanks Derek, I checked a few chopper places and none have any instock at this time. It's no biggy as I won't need them untill this fall when I start building two Brio's. I'm going to use twin servo's in the tail so I was really considering the short muffler to eliminate the weight of the pipe behing the CG. How has this pipe and mount worked for you? Time wise it's no big deal but looks like with shipping that mount is going to be +$30. I might order several items to play with.

Tim

Installing the mount is quick and easy. Just make sure that you buy the right height - I mistakenly bought the 20mm riser and should have gotten the 29mm one. Nothing a couple of pieces of "nest of bees" (honeycomb) can't cure.

There are some rubber inserts in the legs that the clips slide into - these do wear out (and break) so make sure you have some small fuel tubing handy to slide in as a replacement "grommet". The pipe has worked out very well - being short doesn't interfere too much with sound since it does muffle the motor enough. It also makes removing a one piece wing a piece of cake now.
Old 07-06-2006, 07:12 PM
SCJ

Tim,

I think the part you are looking for that holds the check valve is KSJ 645, Fuel Filter Holder.

The K&S Distributor in the US has them. This should direct you directly to the part you are looking for. http://rchelisplus.com/cart/cart.php...category_id=60

It that doesn't work just go to: http://rchelisplus.com Look at the KSJ parts and then the heli fuel system parts.

Old 07-06-2006, 08:36 PM
Ryan Smith

$10 for that little bitty ass piece of plastic? Wow. They sure make the inside of an airplane look nice though.
Old 07-06-2006, 09:32 PM
riot3d

Like Fernando used to say, "Its better to look good, than to feel good"

Adrian
Old 07-07-2006, 08:50 AM
Rune

lots off nice planes at http://www.flighthobby.jp/. but are they the only one selling this kits???
Old 07-07-2006, 12:26 PM
mikehannah

Hi
Someone must import these tasty goodies from the orient

M
Old 07-07-2006, 02:06 PM
jatik

So nice stuff.... planes are a bit pricey side.

Stage 90 arf from 1300.- euro up to 1800.- euro
Must be nicely put together...

a bit bugger is a message at end of the front page:

"We deal with customers in JAPAN only.
  So we do not accept orders from foreign countries and do not send out
  merchandise. Please understand."

That one stopped my droolin straight away...

Old 07-07-2006, 03:30 PM
jonlowe
My Feedback: (12)

There are two in a package.

Jon Lowe

ORIGINAL: ryansmith

$10 for that little bitty ass piece of plastic? Wow. They sure make the inside of an airplane look nice though.
Old 07-07-2006, 03:56 PM
Ryan Smith

Well it's official. I'm either blind or can't read. [:@] Sorry about that guys and thanks for pointing that out Jon, that seems a lot more reasonable. Are you going to be at the Nats?
Old 07-07-2006, 09:20 PM
jonlowe
My Feedback: (12)

Yep, flying intermediate.

Bought a couple of the plastic brackets we've been discussing at the LHS today that carries a lot of Heli stuff. I got the package that has one bracket plus a fuel filter with a built in fueling port in the side. Cost about $6 per package. A better deal if you ask me.

Jon