Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 35 of 44 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Composite-ARF Integral, kinda build thread

I've used them the last 3 years on my pattern stuff. Waiting on the new brushless 154 servo that will replace it. Never had any issues. I know the Japanese use this servo or the 9150 quite a bit. Same servo, the 9154 is faster, the 9150 has more torque.

Arch
    Team Futaba, Aero-Model / Hacker, Tech Aero Designs, F3A Unlimited, Team BJ Craft, Thunder Power RC, Castle Creations

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Has anyone using YS170s found the need to stiffen up the fuse in the area of canopy opening? I did'nt add anything to the basic kit and have the Rx mounted (velcro) to the side of the fuse just below the canopy. Recently the engine seems to be moving around a bit more (maybe the mount has softened up a little - can't find anything lose) and the fuse in the area of the canopy and just aft vibrates so violently at 2/3 - 3/4 throttle that it looks like a blur.

I'm concerned that I may eventually fail part of the fuse or the stuff mounted in that area (Rx, switch) so I started adding some 1/4" square balsa to add some stiffness.

Is it that most have added some structure across the fuse to mount the Rx and have as a result already stiffend the fuse in this area?

Electrics are so popular here that I have nothing to compare to except Ivan's CDI/Aries which is just ridiculously smooth.

Do I just live with this and hope that the airframe lasts or is there something that needs fixing?

Colin.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I've used them the last 3 years on my pattern stuff. Waiting on the new brushless 154 servo that will replace it. Never had any issues. I know the Japanese use this servo or the 9150 quite a bit. Same servo, the 9154 is faster, the 9150 has more torque.

Arch
    My question was:
    Has anyone used Futaba S9154 servos for the ailerons on the Integral?
    I am interested in installing S9154 on the Integral and not on other planes. The cut out in the Integrals wing is too small for these servos. Has anyone tried to enlarge the servo slots?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi,

Been Flying my Integral since Feb 2008. I am using pull-pull on elevators with a Futaba 9551 servo. There is a weight saving compared to two Futaba 9650 type servos and their extension leads. Since mine is EP, I have also used the 9650 servos on Ailerons. No issues.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi ODD,

While the S9154 is a good servo, it might not be the best for the Integral wings since they come prepared for standard size servos. In my two Integrals (both EP) I installed S9550 in the first one and the successor S9551 in the second one. The S9551 will fit directly into the servo opening whereas you will have to sand the edges slightly for the S9550 because it is slightly larger. If you were to fit the S9154 you would probably have to cut out the existing servo mounting completely to make a hole large enough for the S9154. The S9551 is easier...

Also I find that the S9154 has quite a bit of play in the gears from the beginning. I have used around 10 of these servos in the past in different models, and they all seem to come that way. The S9550 and S9551 come with significantly less play, and seem tighter overall. Also they have metal gears where the S9154 gears are plastic.
    Best regards,
    Morten Laugesen

URL: http://morten.laugesen.nu

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Opvaulet

Hi, Been Flying my Integral since Feb 2008. I am using pull-pull on elevators with a Futaba 9551 servo. There is a weight saving compared to two Futaba 9650 type servos and their extension leads. Since mine is EP, I have also used the 9650 servos on Ailerons. No issues.
    Glad someone has tried this and for sure, it saves weight and offers a good alternative. I assume you mounted your servo on it's side ? Pictures ?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yes, it works well. My servo is mounted on its side. Slight complication is the top hinged elevator. I made it such that the middle of the horn is in line with the hinge-line. Otherwise its the lightest way I know. Another way I have heard but not tried is to use two servos as designed but share the extension wire for servo power, adding one more wire for signal, making for a total of four, saving a little weight. Will PM pics once I have a chance to take them.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: F.Imbriaco

ORIGINAL: Opvaulet

Hi, Been Flying my Integral since Feb 2008. I am using pull-pull on elevators with a Futaba 9551 servo. There is a weight saving compared to two Futaba 9650 type servos and their extension leads. Since mine is EP, I have also used the 9650 servos on Ailerons. No issues.
    Glad someone has tried this and for sure, it saves weight and offers a good alternative. I assume you mounted your servo on it's side ? Pictures ?
    Frank,

Glad to see you are up and about. Pull-pull on elevator has been standard on my pattern planes, probably the last 15 years or so. I've mounted the servo upright and its side on various projects. Upright is easier. Theoretically, side mounting should be better if you are as fussy as I am on servo alignment....but functionally, in the air, it seems to make no difference . Nevertheless, I side mount the servo on current stuff.

The new design has twin servos in the tail. A bit of weight disadvantage but in this plane it's needed weight to offset the large gassie. BTW, I am no closer to finishing this sucker than last time we talked.

Hey another BTW, the wood props I've been carving are coming along. Just started the lamination process a week or so ago. I'll start a thread sometime in the future. The bottom line is a 19x13 woodie plain weighs in at 62 grams...laminated with carbon about 72 grams. Prop stiffness went through the roof. Blades are very thin nearly electric like. Dave agreed to do some e-testing for me eventhough the prop is designed for gas power

Matt

Regards,
    MattK
    (Rcmaster199@aol.com)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Has anyone retrofitted their 170 to CDI?

How much weight had to be added to the tail to maintain the CG?

What is your overall impession of the flight performance after the change?

Colin

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hi, i just got my new Integral white version and i will go E-power . i weight all the parts come out 2.335g

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Integral and P11-F11

Is any one making any plans on any modifications on there C-ARF Integral, to help improve the overall and knife edge performance for P11-F11?

Example: T Canalizer, side force generators, thicker rudder, larger rudder area and thinker wing TE.

I have noticed Jason has added a T-can and a rudder with a thinker TE at the worlds.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I think I have determined the performance problem for the P-11 and F-11 sequences is not the Integral, nor the motor, nor the batteries, nor the radio.... :-(

Woodie
    There is nothing so simple it can't be messed up by someone....

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: woodie

I think I have determined the performance problem for the P-11 and F-11 sequences is not the Integral, nor the motor, nor the batteries, nor the radio.... :-(

Woodie
    Of course....the dreaded LOOSE SCREW IN FRONT OF THE CONTROL. Wish it was easy to tighten that sucker. Just can't seem to get a grip on it

MattK
    Regards,
    MattK
    (Rcmaster199@aol.com)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi,

I will make an top wing for my Integrals, like the one on the Axiome. Same size and position.
    In addition, i have changed my hinges on both elevator and aileron from the originally Top-hinged, to center-hinged on my second Integral. The model is not finished yet, but i hope the modification will improve.

Kjell Olav

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi
     I know there is a Integral in Norway with big T-canaliser and a slightly modded rudder and I have one soon ready home .
    But even the normal one improve the K.E big time , try and you will see.
    I'm going to give my old one (CARF) new wing and also bigger TC and a El setup , just have to return from S.Afrika where I stay now.
    K.Olav  how heavy did yours eneded up as electrick?
    Rune Gjelsnes
    email: rungjels@gmail.com
    Norway

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Rune,
    We missed you at the nationals, great event!

... Mine came out at 4940.
    That is with "heavy-duty-battery pack`s" ; 5000-25C. (Hyperion G3, Zippy-R, polyquest). These weigh approx 1250gram.
    I haven`t done any special to the airframe, or equipment, just converted as it is.

p.s.
    Chivas !?
    We all are going ! :-)

Kjell Olav

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Kjell
    I missied the event my self but work is what pay your living.
    The Integral will first just be converted Ys out and el. engine in , I will give a Axi copy from China a try first , next I planning to make new wings stabs and rudder and give the fuselage a repaint.
    and for Chivas,dont think I will be home yet . For those not living in Norway Chivas is a F3a event the last in the season in Norway its a event where the shoulders are let down and it really nice, its held I Tynset high up in the mountains and the event it NOT named upafter the famous wiskey from Scotland but after Johannes Stavrum's Dog a Golden Retriver that passed away years ago. What the dog was named up after ...well the story dont tell.
    So Kjell I still think I will be down here in South afrika winding a big generator just over 10 meter inside in the core andcore is 1,5 meter high gives 100 Mva,with the guys on the pictures .

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bz78892.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	244.8 KB 
ID:	1262116   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bw71756.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	275.2 KB 
ID:	1262117   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ye84153.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	255.4 KB 
ID:	1262118  
    Rune Gjelsnes
    email: rungjels@gmail.com
    Norway

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

OK Jason, the suspense is killing all of us...can you give us some pics and details of the changes made for the X version?

How did the changes improve the flight characteristics?

Colin.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I just recieved a set of gear off the Integral to replace a set of Impact gear that were damaged on my son's VF3. WOW the new gear are heavy! Old gear 3.2 oz (90gm), new gear6.2 oz (188gm). Old gear weak, new gear heavy! That's 3 oz! I don't need the weight or
    for that matter any trees chopped down. Any other options? Any of you electric guys have a set of Impact gear laying around?
    Thanks,
    RC

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Rick,
    There was an extensive thread on the pattern list about the availability of another carbon fiber gear. I don't recall who the supplier was but a link was provided. I will check and see if I have it in my old emails and forward it to you.

Anthony

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Chad Northeast

www.f3acanada.org

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

...or Graphtech

[link]http://www.graphtechrc.com/[/link]
    Glen Watson
    http://glenwatson.blogspot.com/ (pattern blog)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Graphtech!

That was the one they were talking about. There were very good things said about the Graphtech gear.

Thanks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ingredients for an Integral X...

1- CA Models T-canalizer
    1- Built up rudder (shape and thickness of your choice)
    2- X graphics (mine are available through Kirby's Kustom Graphics)

Voila... you now have an Integral X.
    Uncle JAS x 2
    Shulman Aviation
    jasonshangar.weebly.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Good start Jason.

Now how about the details...incidence and height for the CA T-can and the new shape for the rudder? Some pictures and a little information on how the changes improve the flight characteristics will be appreciated.

Colin.

Page 35 of 44 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast