Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 36 of 44 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Composite-ARF Integral, kinda build thread

take 30mm off the front of the base and 29mm of the rear of the base to make it look cool. The rudders... well it's what I liked to look at. The flying, the T helped with the KE loop, other than that... go for the looks, that's all I did it for. Don't read into this Colin... there's really nothing here.
    Uncle JAS x 2
    Shulman Aviation
    jasonshangar.weebly.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Make sure to check out the next K-Factor for some info about the rudder for my Integrals.
    Uncle JAS x 2
    Shulman Aviation
    jasonshangar.weebly.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hello,

could please someone help me with the following:

I'm building a PLProd Lazulite and i need a landing gear for it. The problem is that it needs to be at least 20cm high (from the wheel axel).

I was thinking of buying an Integral landing gear as a spare part since they seam to be robust and cheap as well....

Could please someone measure that for me?

Thank you very much,

David
    David

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Being the lazy S.O.B. that I am I give up after a couple of searches and go right to the source because I am certain someone here has the answer.

Does anyone have recommendations for a throttle curve on a 9303 with a Jeti 90 and Pletty setup?

The story goes like this . . .

I just bought a used electric setup. I'm only an intermediate pilot in pattern, but I couldn't resist the deal as the seller was buying an Addiction and wanted out on his second Integral fast. Anyways I flew 4 packs worth today and my biggest concern was that I have WAY too much power for what I'm doing in intermediate. Half throttle climbs in the vertical with no deceleration. Right now the throttle is simply linear to 100%. Any thoughts or recommendations for someone at my level? Oh I should mention I agonized over whether or not this plane would be "too much" for me, and all I can say is "This plane is friggin' awesome!!!" I can do axial rolls forever without ever dropping my nose and holding a line in wind is trivial. Granted this is my first true 2M plane, but I never would have believed how much a piece of good equipment could help

Thanks,

Joe
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wu61267.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	140.8 KB 
ID:	1280176  

Joe,

Did you buy that one from Joey Hayes?

I built that airplane, and have flown it quite a bit. I know you'll love it!

I would reccomend you fly the airplane a little more and get used to the power. If you really want to change it, then the 9303 has a throttle curve function in the transmitter that you can use. Are you asking how to physically set it up, or are you curious on where to place the points on the curve for what you want to do?
    Ryan Smith

Team JR | Thunder Power RC
    F3A Unlimited | Castle Creations

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Outstanding. I found the airplanes father!

Seriously though thanks for offering advice; I couldn't imagine a better person to ask questions of, and yes I bought it from Joey H. I was looking for information on endpoints for the 9303 or somebody once said there was a way to program the Jeti with endpoints as well. It's not really a "problem" it's just that I have a groove setup in my tx throttle mid-point and I like to use that for setting a constant level flight speed, but it just seemed to me that with a straight up linear input to 100% I was going faster than I needed, but maybe I'll just fly it for awhile and see how I like it as is

Can you tell me what kind of voltage regulator is in there? I'd love to download some basic information on it so I can better understand how it selects which battery to run, and under what conditions it would switch over.

Anyways, awesome build and thanks for taking the time to help a new guy out.

Joe

Joe,

The Jeti has been setup with a programming box. I think you can get a hold of one of those through Hobby Lobby. Right now, it's setup to auto-detect end points which is why you may see some guys running the electric airplanes up to full throttle before a flight.

That airplane takes a little getting used to with regard to the throttle- I'm not denying that. If I had a layoff or flew a glow airplane for a while, I would end up flying it too fast. You end up flying it around 1/4 throttle and go up to 1/2 throttle to accelerate for uplines, but you have to come back down actually or it will continue accelerating. You can't really fly an electric airplane mechanically, as in using a detent in your throttle stick. Many variables prevent this; wind, air density, prop selection, but also consider your batteries won't be as strong at the end of the flight as they were at the beginning.

Flying a constant speed is one of the more difficult concepts to grasp, and generally is one of the first to leave if you've had a layoff. Once you learn it though, you will have a lot easier time flying, and your scores will improve.

That regulator is an MPI. It's heavy, but we were in sort of a pinch to get it in the air and that was what they had at the local hobby shop. It's worked fine so we never replaced it, but I would reccomend you look into getting a Tech Aero regulator from Ed Alt.

If there are any more questions I can help you with, don't hesitate to e-mail me.

Good luck with it and have fun!
    Ryan Smith

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I did the same thing with my e-fliight powered passport. Chris Moon advised me to limit the top end using the thottle curve rather than ATV (for the same reason that Ryan mentioned, it will reset the top end recalibrating automatically to the stick full position).

Just go to Thro Curv; roll the scroll bar over to point H- max and reduce from there. You can adjust the other points down to get a linear feel on the ground (do it by ear on the ground statically for starting purposes).

I adjusted my thottle curve down on the Passport to make the noise requirement in FAI. The Chip prop was over the noise limit on static (like 96 db over grass). I dialed it down to like 70 percent on the throttle curve H point to get it to 92 db over grass. It has very similar feel to the 170 DZ dialed down at 92 db on the VF3.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

By the way congrats on the Integral decision.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I bought one this kit and came with out the rudder servo tray I email comp arf twice and dind have any respond from them I will like to now if anybody have the template for this part
    2010 2011 2012 2013 D3 Advance Champion
    HAIYIN Batt. Sponsored Pilot

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I still have mine untouched out of the package. I can trace it onto a piece of paper if that helps. If you are not able to get yours from Comp Arf please let me know.

Anthony

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

My new Integral is ready to fly.
    Flight weight: 4.972 gr. with FP Evo 5.350 mAh
    Motor: Plettenberg Xtra 30-10 evo
    Esc: Schulze future 32-80 KA
    Akku: Old Flightpower Evo 17C 2x 5S 5350 mAh
    Servos: Ele: S9650, Rud:S9351, Ail: S9452

The first flight will be 2010 I think.....

I'm happy. Thanks to all for the help

Name:	Db85381.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	405.0 KB 
ID:	1288795   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ql33234.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	398.5 KB 
ID:	1288796   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kp33622.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	418.3 KB 
ID:	1288797   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fy71901.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	453.4 KB 
ID:	1288798   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pa34407.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	391.1 KB 
ID:	1288799  

The Ground is the Limit. Not the sky.
    Andreas

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Excellent job! Looks outstanding. What's the hold up on the maiden?

Question on my Integral:

How do you match a dual servo elevator setup so the start points are perfectly 0? Do I need an incidence meter?

Thanks as always!

Joe

Joe,

Since the Integral has composite stabs, Joey and I used the seam line as a reference. It was spot on for us. Sight down the side of the tip and line the seam line up on the stab and elevator. Alternatively (and probably the more accurate way, and the most repeatable way to do it, especially on airplanes that don't have composite flying surfaces) is to use an incidence meter. I reccomend the Hangar 9 Angle Pro meter, if you don't have one already.

There is nothing wrong with a highly scientific, and calculated "that looks about right". Believe it or not, the human eye is a pretty accurate tool- you just need to know how to use it.
    Ryan Smith

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I've taped long carbon rods to the upper surface of the elevators so that they meet in the middle aft of the rudder. If the rods are straight and point exactly to each other then the elevators are line up. You can also use this to check that the elevators move together for the full range. This is much more accurate than the best deflection gauge.

Colin.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi,

My second Integral did maiden yesterday, 7 flights in nice Authum-weather.

It`s slightly modified from the original comp-arf, with center-hinged control surfaces, top wing, landing-gear, som structural changes etc.

Both the center-hinged control surfaces and the top-wing makes this bird fly different than my first one in a very positive matter.
    Great improvement for the next years P-11.

hmmm, it seems i have to modify my first Integral , the differents are greater than i thought...

Kjell O.

Name:	Ca81866.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	132.1 KB 
ID:	1289432  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: 2Sunny

Excellent job! Looks outstanding. What's the hold up on the maiden?

Question on my Integral:

How do you match a dual servo elevator setup so the start points are perfectly 0? Do I need an incidence meter?

Thanks as always!

Joe

Joe you should be able to remove the rudder to make it easy for you. I just taped straight epoxy stirring sticks and lined them up.

Hi,

My second Integral did maiden yesterday, 7 flights in nice Authum-weather.

It`s slightly modified from the original comp-arf, with center-hinged control surfaces, top wing, landing-gear, som structural changes etc.

Both the center-hinged control surfaces and the top-wing makes this bird fly different than my first one in a very positive matter.
    Great improvement for the next years P-11.

hmmm, it seems i have to modify my first Integral , the differents are greater than i thought...

Kjell O.
    working on my second one also Kjell but I will not keep it have one Xigris in order for electric .
    My second Integral is a ZN version and dont want the hassel with battery under the wing, also made it with bigger topwing and anedral stab...looked just as sexy as the girl on your pic!!!!
    Rune Gjelsnes
    email: rungjels@gmail.com
    Norway

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

... I thought my woman looked better than me, that`s why she`s on the picture ! :-).

Seems that`s many of the Norwegian pattern-flyers will go for el-power next year. Working great, easy, realible, solid ...
    Xigris look great, and has already got a nice reputation.

My top-wing is 31X9cm, build up -all sheeted structure. weight 30 grams. ( including mounting screws, reinforcement brackets in fuse etc).

The center-hinged modification is straight forward, but requires some work to get it light and right ... In the picture you can see how it is done. Finally primed/painted/sealed.

Name:	Zx70928.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	119.1 KB 
ID:	1289579   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xs58832.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	117.8 KB 
ID:	1289580  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: pelone

Hello,

could please someone help me with the following:

I'm building a PLProd Lazulite and i need a landing gear for it. The problem is that it needs to be at least 20cm high (from the wheel axel).

I was thinking of buying an Integral landing gear as a spare part since they seam to be robust and cheap as well....

Could please someone measure that for me?

Thank you very much,

David

I happened to have the same question so I mailed a friend with an Integral: Answer: the height is 20.5cms.

Volkert
    Club Saito member #371

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

These are my motors
    More can not be done.
    An idea for all. A motor with no problems.

Name:	Ql34942.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	233.9 KB 
ID:	1289636  
    The Ground is the Limit. Not the sky.
    Andreas

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: J Lachowski

Joe you should be able to remove the rudder to make it easy for you. I just taped straight epoxy stirring sticks and lined them up.

Thanks!

While I've got your attention . . . how long do you push your packs typically on a practice run? Right now I'm going 8 minutes 30 seconds and only putting 3000 to 3500 mAh back in so I'm thinking I might try pushing it to 9 minutes. Any thoughts?

Joe

P.S. Can you shoot me a PM with your email? I'd like to hear more about your experience with the micro-Suhkoi. I'm thinking about buying one keep thinking its a waste of money.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Ryan Smith

Joe,

Since the Integral has composite stabs, Joey and I used the seam line as a reference. It was spot on for us. Sight down the side of the tip and line the seam line up on the stab and elevator. Alternatively (and probably the more accurate way, and the most repeatable way to do it, especially on airplanes that don't have composite flying surfaces) is to use an incidence meter. I reccomend the Hangar 9 Angle Pro meter, if you don't have one already.

There is nothing wrong with a highly scientific, and calculated ''that looks about right''. Believe it or not, the human eye is a pretty accurate tool- you just need to know how to use it.

Thanks as well. You guys are great! I suppose for an Intermediate pilot, I'm worried about a detail that is overwhelmed by my thumb skills, but I was as curious as I was concerned. Thanks again.

Joe

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: 67685

... I thought my woman looked better than me,

You got that right!
    Best Regards: davidbathe.com
    Occasional Aircraft Illustrations.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: 2Sunny

ORIGINAL: J Lachowski

Thanks!

While I've got your attention . . . how long do you push your packs typically on a practice run? Right now I'm going 8 minutes 30 seconds and only putting 3000 to 3500 mAh back in so I'm thinking I might try pushing it to 9 minutes. Any thoughts?

Joe

P.S. Can you shoot me a PM with your email? I'd like to hear more about your experience with the micro-Suhkoi. I'm thinking about buying one keep thinking its a waste of money.
    I have my timer set at 8 minutes. I just usually land after a complete Masters sequence. Don't go any higher, you are just shortening your battery life. Remember the temps outside are cool now, so your packs don't feel too hot.

As for the Sukhoi, save your money unless you want to do a bunch of mods. Check this link out for info on mods etc.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...89&postcount=1

Page 36 of 44 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast