Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pattern Universe - RC Pattern Flying > RC Pattern Flying
Reload this Page >

Composite-ARF Integral, kinda build thread

Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Composite-ARF Integral, kinda build thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2012, 12:35 PM
Jetdesign
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Composite-ARF Integral, kinda build thread

Yeah the process is straight forward. As soon as I have my shop clear and the parts procured, it looks like a fun and fairly quick build. I will probably spend more time trying to decide what axles and tailwheel to use, lol
Old 06-28-2012, 12:43 PM
JAS
My Feedback: (2)

3mm or 6-32 bolts (depending on how robust you want them). Du-Bro .40 tailwheel (or MK).
Old 06-28-2012, 06:00 PM
J Lachowski
My Feedback: (46)

ORIGINAL: gaRCfield

Yeah the process is straight forward. As soon as I have my shop clear and the parts procured, it looks like a fun and fairly quick build. I will probably spend more time trying to decide what axles and tailwheel to use, lol

Use Bolly CF E-landing gear and wheelpants, central hobby aluminum axles, and light 2-3/4" wheels.
Old 06-28-2012, 06:28 PM
Jetdesign

What does that bolly gear weigh? The gear in my kit is only 56g and 57g . I think my wheels are 2 1/4" but only 8g ea.
Old 06-28-2012, 10:51 PM
jnred123

I think the length of the std gear might be an issue for electric and they are super stiff as well, transfer lots of load back into the fuse which doesn't have a lot of reserve strength in the gear area. I got a Graphtech for mine which I think is about an inch longer and much more flexible, I used one on a previous model and it was great.
Cheers
Greg
Old 06-29-2012, 02:46 AM
danamania

FWIW, Joe L just sold two absolutely beautiful, superbly equipped and true flying electric Integrals. Wouldn't hesitate to check out any gear that he suggests for yours. I am still kicking myself for passing on one of these but the timing was not right and I didn't fully appreciate the value offered. Now that I am flying against one of them this season, I see what a fine example it is. Silly sportsman stuff LOL, but parts is parts. Good shopping!
Old 06-29-2012, 06:03 AM
Jetdesign

ORIGINAL: danamania
Wouldn't hesitate to check out any gear that he suggests for yours.
Believe me, I figured that one out by now Not questioning, just curious.

ORIGINAL: danamania
FWIW, Joe L just sold two absolutely beautiful, superbly equipped and true flying electric Integrals. I am still kicking myself for passing on one of these but the timing was not right and I didn't fully appreciate the value offered.
I know that one too! I talked to him about an Integral - same thing, wasn't ready at the time, didn't realize the sweetness of the offer
Old 06-29-2012, 12:27 PM
Jetdesign

Aeroproduct.net has "an exact clone" of the Bolly F3A electric gear. Verne, thanks for the suggestion - I found it on another page
Old 06-29-2012, 07:05 PM
VerneK

I used the F3A Long on my Integrals, though the F3A Electric would probably be okay. The F3A long are just a little taller than the electric.

Verne

Aeroproduct.net has ''an exact clone'' of the Bolly F3A electric gear. Verne, thanks for the suggestion - I found it on another page
Old 07-04-2012, 08:48 AM
Jetdesign

Revision 1.

I love it!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec88796.jpg
Views:	350
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	1778504  
Old 07-04-2012, 01:23 PM
Jetdesign

I am giving a lot of thought to the new Hacker Q80. They are claiming 18.9oz (535g) and options of 210kV or 225kV. I am trying to find drawings/dimensions to see if one can fit in the nose of the Integral. I cut out a paper circle the right diameter, but I don't know how far back it has to be. It looks like it may fit. My other 1st choice is the Xtra 30-10. I don't see the need for the Advance - everyone seems to be dialing it back, so why would it be worth the extra oz (for me)?

http://www.hacker-motor-shop.com/e-v...=3&c=476&p=476
Old 07-04-2012, 03:08 PM
can773
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My other 1st choice is the Xtra 30-10. I don't see the need for the Advance - everyone seems to be dialing it back, so why would it be worth the extra oz (for me)?
Advance had better bottom end, more efficient, runs much cooler, mounting is lighter and more rigid, and it will swing a bigger prop than the evo without getting unhappy.
Old 07-04-2012, 03:19 PM
Jetdesign

ORIGINAL: can773

My other 1st choice is the Xtra 30-10. I don't see the need for the Advance - everyone seems to be dialing it back, so why would it be worth the extra oz (for me)?
Advance had better bottom end, more efficient, runs much cooler, mounting is lighter and more rigid, and it will swing a bigger prop than the evo without getting unhappy.
Interesting about the mounting! If the end result is equal or less weight, then it's a no-brainer. Thanks Chad, I'll look into it

(20min later...) Wow - nose ring mount for the Advance?!?! Easy and light, I like it!! So that or the Hacker, but leaning on the Advance now.
Old 07-28-2012, 09:06 AM
Jetdesign

I think I am going to use the Secraft aluminum control rods and the bearing clevises from Central Hobbies - can anyone tell me what length control rods I need for ailerons and elevators? I am using JR 9411 in the wings and 3517 in the stabs.

Thanks
Old 11-21-2012, 04:12 PM
Jetdesign

Now that these motors have been around for a few months, does anyone have thoughts on what size prop to use on the Integral with a Pletty Advance? I probably need a prop geared more for smooth/consistent power.
Old 11-22-2012, 07:34 AM
woodie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Joe, my favorite prop for the Integral is the Falcon 20.5x14.5. Gives good vertical pull yet has some speed left for those windy days. However, the Advance could use anything from a 20x13 to a 21x14 without issue. It is powerful, runs cool and is very quiet. So, prop choice is very broad for the Advance. I think it is really more a choice of what prop to use with the Integral rather than what the Advance can handle. My Integral seemed 'happier' with a little speed so I stayed in the higher pitch ranges. My Integral was in the 10lb 20oz range depending on battery, if your Integral is lighter, it might be fine at lower speeds. You could start with a 20.5 x 14 APC, see how it feels and then go from there depending on whether you want more speed, more pull, etc.

Woodie
Old 11-22-2012, 08:04 AM
riot3d

ORIGINAL: woodie

Joe, my favorite prop for the Integral is the Falcon 20.5x14.5. Gives good vertical pull yet has some speed left for those windy days. However, the Advance could use anything from a 20x13 to a 21x14 without issue. It is powerful, runs cool and is very quiet. So, prop choice is very broad for the Advance. I think it is really more a choice of what prop to use with the Integral rather than what the Advance can handle. My Integral seemed 'happier' with a little speed so I stayed in the higher pitch ranges. My Integral was in the 10lb 20oz range depending on battery, if your Integral is lighter, it might be fine at lower speeds. You could start with a 20.5 x 14 APC, see how it feels and then go from there depending on whether you want more speed, more pull, etc.

Woodie

Hey Woodie, is 10 lb 20 oz same as 11 lb 4 oz? ...

Old 11-22-2012, 10:25 AM
Jetdesign

Thanks Woodie. I was thinking mostly what's the best prop for the plane (do most people like this plane with a little more speed?) of course different motors run at different RPM so it is a system. But, it sounds like something like a 21x14 is a good place to start.
Old 11-22-2012, 03:23 PM
woodie

ORIGINAL: riot3d

Woodie

yep, of course it is under the 11 lb limit if I report it like that.... ;-)
Old 11-22-2012, 04:27 PM
riot3d

ORIGINAL: riot3d

Woodie

yep, of course it is under the 11 lb limit if I report it like that.... ;-)

I thought so ...
Old 11-22-2012, 09:54 PM
VerneK

I ran the APC 20.5 X 14 on all three I built and had the throttle governed back to make it easier to manage the excess power. That was with the Hacker C50-14XL on 5000mah 20C batteries. I tried the APC 21 X 14 and didn't like it, but don't remember why. This year I switched to an APC 21 X 13.5 to slow things down a little more. The APC 20.5 X 14 was a great prop but could get a little zoomy if you weren't careful with the throttle stick.

Verne

Thanks Woodie. I was thinking mostly what's the best prop for the plane (do most people like this plane with a little more speed?) of course different motors run at different RPM so it is a system. But, it sounds like something like a 21x14 is a good place to start.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:27 AM
Jetdesign

If anyone has their Integral near by, I am looking for a few numbers:

1) What length extension is needed for elevator servos and aileron servos?
2) What size push rods for the elevator and stab surfaces? I have JR servos.

Thanks,
Joe
Old 04-15-2013, 09:27 AM
woodie

Thanks,
Joe
Joe,
is this an electric setup?

#1 would depend on some factors such as what length are the leads on your servos, where you receiver is located and are you using any extensions on the receiver to plug the aileron leads into.
#2 are you using carbon rods, threaded links or some type of turnbuckle?

Woodie
Old 04-15-2013, 09:41 AM
Jetdesign

Thanks,
Joe
Joe,
is this an electric setup?

#1 would depend on some factors such as what length are the leads on your servos, where you receiver is located and are you using any extensions on the receiver to plug the aileron leads into.
#2 are you using carbon rods, threaded links or some type of turnbuckle?

Woodie
Thanks Woodie -

Yes, electric
1) Not sure of servo lead length other than they are 9411's in the wing and 3517's in the tail. And probably will want leads out of the Rx to plug into.
2) Was thinking Al or Ti turnbuckles (4-40) with bb connectors at servo end and clevis at horn end.

Plane is stuck in my storage facility, so I can't measure the plane or parts, but am trying to get everything together in advance so plane can be built ASAP. I appreciate any help
Old 04-15-2013, 03:50 PM
Phantom Phixer
My Feedback: (3)

GaRCfield

The servos are 14" from the root on my Integral

It's 42" from the middle of the stabs to the location of my receiver located at the beginning of the turtle back

Hope that helps

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.