Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pattern Universe - RC Pattern Flying > RC Pattern Flying
Reload this Page >

NEW Fliton Inspire 90 Pattern Plane

Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

NEW Fliton Inspire 90 Pattern Plane

Old 07-08-2007, 05:36 AM
smok

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NEW Fliton Inspire 90 Pattern Plane

I have seen the Inspire 60 in a box in my LHS - and I can not understand the comments about how low quality it is ? IMHO it's a top quality contest build, very light for flight performance. Exactly opposite what you can get with an average mass produced ARF. The typical mass market ARF's are "reinforced" and "built to withstand less than perfect handling" which usually translates to higher weight and less flight performance for pattern and 3D. ( unless one considers 3D as "rocket pull out from a hover" ;-)

Smok
Old 07-08-2007, 11:02 AM
jfetter

ORIGINAL: smok

I have seen the Inspire 60 in a box in my LHS - and I can not understand the comments about how low quality it is ? IMHO it's a top quality contest build, very light for flight performance. Exactly opposite what you can get with an average mass produced ARF. The typical mass market ARF's are "reinforced" and "built to withstand less than perfect handling" which usually translates to higher weight and less flight performance for pattern and 3D. ( unless one considers 3D as "rocket pull out from a hover" ;-)

Smok
The Inspire 60 build threads are full of folks complaining about warped wings, stabs, fuselages and control surfaces not to mention the silly dowel used to join the elevator halves being warped. All it takes is a quick search of "Inspire" and "Warped" and you'll see that lighter may be the goal but warped is the result. If you add the covering, which is something they dug up on their own and comes off, wont re-stick after it comes off and in general is really the lowest grade material they could put on and you'll understand my point. I think every manufacturer should offer a "premium" build for models that have been glued properly and come with name-brand covering, I'd gladly pay the extra 15%. The Inspire 60 has unlimited vertical with a 6S and Axi 4130/16, 4 to 8 ounces of glue and proper covering won't adversly change the way it flies (perhaps improve it with "true" surfaces)...

Jack
Old 07-08-2007, 11:12 AM
GeneG
My Feedback: (11)

Just my 2 cent but even though I love and fly a bunch of Fliton planes I was very disappointed in the Inspire 60. I was REALLY excited to get it out out the box and build it! My experience is similar to JFetters, the Inspire 60 came out of the box as warped as any plane I had ever seen. The elevator dowel is useless and an insult to anyone serious about using it to practice pattern (which was my goal with it). Very disappointed!. The elevator halves has such a bad twist to them there was a half inch difference between them at neutral. After spending way too much time unwarping it, it flew but not even close to my expectiations. It has never flew again.

I bought a Hyperion Katana 90! GREAT PLANE to practice with and flys 8:30 on 8s 3700Mah with 2 minutes to spare on a 16x8e (pattern style flying)!

I was going to order the Inspire 90 but if its just a scaled up Inspire 60. I'll pass... Darn.. It look so good....
Old 07-08-2007, 05:00 PM
jfetter

ORIGINAL: GeneG

Just my 2 cent but even though I love and fly a bunch of Fliton planes I was very disappointed in the Inspire 60. I was REALLY excited to get it out out the box and build it! My experience is similar to JFetters, the Inspire 60 came out of the box as warped as any plane I had ever seen. The elevator dowel is useless and an insult to anyone serious about using it to practice pattern (which was my goal with it). Very disappointed!. The elevator halves has such a bad twist to them there was a half inch difference between them at neutral. After spending way too much time unwarping it, it flew but not even close to my expectiations. It has never flew again.

I bought a Hyperion Katana 90! GREAT PLANE to practice with and flys 8:30 on 8s 3700Mah with 2 minutes to spare on a 16x8e (pattern style flying)!

I was going to order the Inspire 90 but if its just a scaled up Inspire 60. I'll pass... Darn.. It look so good....
I'm not trying to badmouth Fliton, honestly I'm not. I own quite a few planes and would gladly add the Inspire 90 if I didn't think I was going to have to spend an extra 8 hours re-attaching and shrinking the covering, taping the edges of the trim to keep them from coming off after several flights, mounting a second elevator servo because the dowel really is just a poor design (any large loops and you can clearly see the tracking is off from the opposite elevator half twisting because the dowel can't hold it adequately) and in general using heat and warpng the surfaces back into alignment. Add to that the gear I can be certain will delaminate after a dozen flights and after a while the maintenance becomes more than I want.

Has anyone built one of these and flown it yet?

Jack
Old 07-08-2007, 06:14 PM
smok

I am not surprised, I fly many planes that are supposed to be really bad. My Flip 3D should have a fuse snapped in half long time ago. My Oxalys must be some odd one as the covering is still intact. My YS-63 is different from all other YS as it does not need constant fiddling with the regulator. My mate's excellent Inspire 60 should be totally warped, with flaky dowel and peeling off covering - surprisingly none of that actually happens. Maybe it's time for some posts praising Mojo 60 as best thing since sliced bread,

/Smok
Old 07-08-2007, 08:53 PM
jfetter

I am not surprised, I fly many planes that are supposed to be really bad. My Flip 3D should have a fuse snapped in half long time ago. My Oxalys must be some odd one as the covering is still intact. My YS-63 is different from all other YS as it does not need constant fiddling with the regulator. My mate's excellent Inspire 60 should be totally warped, with flaky dowel and peeling off covering - surprisingly none of that actually happens. Maybe it's time for some posts praising Mojo 60 as best thing since sliced bread,

/Smok
You know, this isn't a forum to simply make smart-ass comments because you don't aree with what a person might post. Take it or leave it, it's up to you but my comments are common throughout the Inspire 60 build thread, you may want to spend a few minutes reviewing them since you seem to feel my opinion is either stacked against Fliton or I am exaggerating the issues. This forum is realy about folks providing feedback and comments that might possibly help others. Since I actually own and fly an Inspire 60 and have had an actual Inspire 90 in my hand for an hour while I went over it carefully, I'd say you may want to either accept it as-is or go out and buy one yourself, build it, fly it and then tell me I'm wrong...

Jack
Old 07-09-2007, 01:24 AM
smok

Jack, Sure it's about exchanging info and opinions and I do have mine too...

You do not have an Inspire 90 neither but you already know that you would need 8 hours to fix the covering... weren't you advising me to buy and build one before making comments ?

Btw. there may be better solutions but the dowel makes sense for my engineering experience in both planes - the 60 is very light and the surfaces would flex anyway if put to max deflection at speed. Also the 60's large surfaces are not intended to be flown at high rates at high speed, rather at low rates + speed or high rates 3D ( low speed ). And for the Inspire 90 - it is a pattern plane, so the deflections and forces are very low on the elevator. CPLR ( an obscure french pilot ) flies Futaba 9254 on the elevator on a 2 m Oxalys and it's plenty enough. Also with pattern CG location there is very low negative lift on the elevator anyway, so again the dowel should be just fine ( not that it's a best design but IMHO a valid one ).

Also your post sounds like "gee look 'everyone' says these planes are crap" and "just search the internet and you'll see what everyone says" - for me sounds line millions of flies can not be wrong too ;-)

Smok
Old 07-09-2007, 09:33 AM
blackshark3

Well I received mine about 10 days ago, until now I have the chance to open it....

Preliminary checking the contents and the instructions manual, I found:
1. The parts are built quite light... I did not actually weight each part with a weight, but feeling them by hands. Especially I have the empty fuse of an Excelleron just out of the box handy to compare. I hold the Excelleron fuse on one hand, the Inspire on the other, feeling both weight is similar, but noted that the Insipire fuse is longer, is designed with separate wings and had a much thicker backend, so my feeling is that the Inspire is actually constructed lighter. All parts are straight by eye checking....but who knows....I thought my Zen 120 "banana" was straight when it comes out of the box...
2. The covering, while triming is good, they are WM covering which IMO is easy to peel off and once off cannot be iron back on... Even so, WM covering are even better than those used by CMpro and ESM....Still at this price I would expected something like Monokote or Oracover.... Great looking decals though...
3. The control horns looks to be WM small 3 point horns.. While they are not bad, I would expect usage of the WM large 3 point horn... The engine mount is not soft mount, which is too substandard... Fuel tank, so so... FRP struts looks ok, but I shall substitute them for a set of reliable Bolly carbon gears and carts.... What? No carbon wing tube at this price?!
4. Design wise, there are lot of points not to my likings... First being that dowel to link both elevators, while yes its better than the staple, still for a pattern design I would expect in fuse elevator servo mount with linkages goes all the way from the middle to the end, also that out board rudder design... When I build mine I would try to modify it by putting both elevator and rudder back inside the fuse, pull pull for rudder, and use DEPS for elevator. I just don't like the dowel...personal taste. The canopy part is quite long so once taken off it shall give a large open area to work on... The more I see it, the more I feel that the Inspire 90 is design more for electric than for nitro... I might feel delighted about it if I am an electric fan, but I am not.... I plan to put in a set of YS110S with Hatori pipes, the cavity under the front fuse that is supposed for the pipe is too small to clear the Hatori pipe, judging from my eyes... The securing of the wings is also not to my likings... I would rather see screws goes from the fuse to the wing, or hooks and tension spring way, which I would try to modify it into...

Overall feeling, I would say the Inspire 90 is design from the ground up for electric, retro fit for engine... At this price, (over here it cost 100% more than Excelleron 90 and ESM Freestyle Adrenaline 120, 50% more than CMpro Leo 110 and the Otop 110, 30% more than WM Zen 120 and Spot On 110, all of these I once own and at the same market level) I would expect more from the Inspire 90...

My 0.002 cents....
Old 07-09-2007, 05:40 PM
jfetter

Jack, Sure it's about exchanging info and opinions and I do have mine too...

You do not have an Inspire 90 neither but you already know that you would need 8 hours to fix the covering... weren't you advising me to buy and build one before making comments ?

Btw. there may be better solutions but the dowel makes sense for my engineering experience in both planes - the 60 is very light and the surfaces would flex anyway if put to max deflection at speed. Also the 60's large surfaces are not intended to be flown at high rates at high speed, rather at low rates + speed or high rates 3D ( low speed ). And for the Inspire 90 - it is a pattern plane, so the deflections and forces are very low on the elevator. CPLR ( an obscure french pilot ) flies Futaba 9254 on the elevator on a 2 m Oxalys and it's plenty enough. Also with pattern CG location there is very low negative lift on the elevator anyway, so again the dowel should be just fine ( not that it's a best design but IMHO a valid one ).

Also your post sounds like "gee look 'everyone' says these planes are crap" and "just search the internet and you'll see what everyone says" - for me sounds line millions of flies can not be wrong too ;-)

Smok
Smok,

True, I don't have an Inspire 90 because I went to my LHS and opened the box to get a good look, something you haven't even done. As for estimating the time to fix it, I'm sure you can estimate how long it takes to do things you are familiar with, say drive to the store, build a birdhouse, iron and straigthen a 90-sized plane, really not rocket science.

The dowel sucks, plain and simple, you may or may not know it but one hinge from each side of the elevator goes through the dowel, making the slight offset they created when they slotted it (granted, not intentionally) now play a bigger part in aligning the elevator halves. Had they simply supplied a dowel, for me to align as necessary by gluing without aligning the hinges too, perhaps your point would be valid but because they slotted it and made it integral to the inner-most hinge, they created another problem that others have noted and echoed.

I don't know why you are defending something you admittedly don't own or fly, it seems to me your motives are questionable. I am an avid Inspire 60 flier and one who went to his LHS as soon as an Inspire 90 came in to buy it, why would I knock it after being one of the first to go pick one up? Seems I at least have something to base my opinion on (yes, some of what I say is echoed in the build threads, I use this not to MAKE my point but to back it up) while you simply point out that it can't be that bad. I again say to you go and buy one, build it, fly it (the Inspire 60 is fine too) and then tell me I am wrong.

Opinion is one thing but informed opinion is another, right now your opinion as somone that hasen't actually held, built, flown or owned one is un-informed. I don't know why you insist it really can't be that bad or I am exaggerating or the masses of people that have posted are somehow all wrong. I was part of this thread back when Fliton announced the 90 was coming, I have been excited about it for months, my motives appear genuine. You on the other hand seem to just want to point out that you don't see any issues in your opinion, with something you don't own nor intend to buy, with no sense of ownership or vested interest in Fliton and no real basis on which to provide that opinion...

Jack
Old 07-10-2007, 06:17 AM
smok

Speaking of questionable motives... your post sound genuinely like you want to discourage other people from buying anything Fliton, while you praise another product along with a note that it's XYZ $$s cheaper. I think anyone can make it's own opinion and does not need to be told that "masses of people" think this or that and therefore it must be taken for granted.

I have taken my time to examine an Inspire 60 both in a box in my LHS and another one of my club buddy, finished and flying at the field. So please do not change the facts that I have no first hand experience with Fliton, to back up your claims ( yes, this is one of dispute tricks to oppose something your adversary did NOT actually say ;-)

Actually once my Flip 3D dies ( which ain't look like it's going to be anytime soon ) then I am going to get an Inspire 60 for myself too, as I can see from my mate's Inspire that it's a plane that suits my preferences (light, hi-perf and that means needs good handling which I am OK to follow ). I do not think I am going to spend more time on this dispute, anyone can make his/her own mind anyway..

Smok
Old 07-10-2007, 07:35 AM
jfetter

Speaking of questionable motives... your post sound genuinely like you want to discourage other people from buying anything Fliton, while you praise another product along with a note that it's XYZ $$s cheaper. I think anyone can make it's own opinion and does not need to be told that "masses of people" think this or that and therefore it must be taken for granted.

I have taken my time to examine an Inspire 60 both in a box in my LHS and another one of my club buddy, finished and flying at the field. So please do not change the facts that I have no first hand experience with Fliton, to back up your claims ( yes, this is one of dispute tricks to oppose something your adversary did NOT actually say ;-)

Actually once my Flip 3D dies ( which ain't look like it's going to be anytime soon ) then I am going to get an Inspire 60 for myself too, as I can see from my mate's Inspire that it's a plane that suits my preferences (light, hi-perf and that means needs good handling which I am OK to follow ). I do not think I am going to spend more time on this dispute, anyone can make his/her own mind anyway..

Smok
Smok,

Thank you for allowing us to make up our own minds, glad you suggested that as I was just lining up to buy an Inspire 90 since you said its a good plane. You are correct, I am warning others to look before they buy with this one, is that a bad thing? Also yes, I can highly recommend Hanger 9 based on what I see in their new kit (my first), I didn't use it to say buy them over Fliton, only to illustrate that both kits are about the same price yet worlds apart in quality (besides that they are totally different kinds of planes, harldy in direct competition).

How do you make a point, do you simply state something without any background or comparison? Aparantly your method of arguing somthing or making a point can't contain anything negative about what you are talking about nor mention any positives about competing products or technology because this would make you seem biased. You sound like someone defending something without really knowing what you are talking about.

Kudos for actually touching an Inspire and flying your buddies, that alone now makes you an expert so I must appologize for my own informed opinion. I guess having an opinion based on actually owning one, building one, having perhaps 150 flights on one, taking part in the original build threads for it, reading everything I can get on it, re-attaching the covering repeatedly and waiting anxiously for its "big brother" to hit the market doesn't outweigh your taking the controls for 2 minutes...

Jack
Old 07-10-2007, 07:15 PM
huckinstix

Blackshark, can you elaborate on why you think this plane is more for electric than glow and how other planes (that are hybrid) are better suited with that "hybrid" tag?

In regards to your comment about the wing assembly, I really like the wing assembly as opposed to my fliton extra freestyle where I have to screw it in sideways. Screwing it in from the top is a much easier option and I'm glad that was addressed.

The covering works well for me, it is not coming loose and it is very friendly to work with. No wrinkles out of the box b.t.w.

jfetter, the inspire 90 looks nothing like the inspire 60 in terms of design... so I have to strongly disagree with your "same plane but enlarged" theory. Given the scheme is similar, but thats about it. Look at the control surfaces alone for both planes, there is a huge difference. The Inspire 90 screams pattern while the 60 easily does both. 90 has a nice long tail moment. The fact that you throw that comment out there I think is hurting your credibility. Do people still believe that you can just blow an airplane up to a larger size? Its called Reynolds Number, read up on it sometime.

The plane flies better than anything I have ever flown in this size, so everyone can have their opinions on little knick-knacks but truth be told, this thing flies unbelievably well.

PS. Has it ever occured to any of you complainers to file a warranty claim with Fliton? Yes, they do offer warranty and darn good service at that too.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:53 PM
jfetter

ORIGINAL: huckinstix

Blackshark, can you elaborate on why you think this plane is more for electric than glow and how other planes (that are hybrid) are better suited with that "hybrid" tag?

In regards to your comment about the wing assembly, I really like the wing assembly as opposed to my fliton extra freestyle where I have to screw it in sideways. Screwing it in from the top is a much easier option and I'm glad that was addressed.

The covering works well for me, it is not coming loose and it is very friendly to work with. No wrinkles out of the box b.t.w.

jfetter, the inspire 90 looks nothing like the inspire 60 in terms of design... so I have to strongly disagree with your "same plane but enlarged" theory. Given the scheme is similar, but thats about it. Look at the control surfaces alone for both planes, there is a huge difference. The Inspire 90 screams pattern while the 60 easily does both. 90 has a nice long tail moment. The fact that you throw that comment out there I think is hurting your credibility. Do people still believe that you can just blow an airplane up to a larger size? Its called Reynolds Number, read up on it sometime.

The plane flies better than anything I have ever flown in this size, so everyone can have their opinions on little knick-knacks but truth be told, this thing flies unbelievably well.

PS. Has it ever occured to any of you complainers to file a warranty claim with Fliton? Yes, they do offer warranty and darn good service at that too.
What is so hard to accept about a guy who has an opinion that the Inspire 90 just isn't a good value? Geez, you'd think I took the US flag and burned it while running around with a Hitler mustache! The Plane flies well, true but it is not worth $359 (again, IMO), it still has the same weaknesses that the Inspire 60 has even after a large amount of criticism and time to make changes, is this really a point for debate? Clearly you like Fliton, as do I but don't think it has to be a black or white argument, I can like them and still be dissapointed in their product...

Jack
Old 07-11-2007, 01:22 AM
blackshark3

I have never own any "hybrid" plane before, so I could not comment on the difference between the Inspire 90 and other hybrid planes.....

My feeling that its designed from the ground up for electric is based on the facts that there are much fewer amenities for nitro engine fitting factored into the design of the plane, compared to electric. There is even no servo opening for placing the throttle servo, and no mention of how to place it in the manual! Yes nitro needs a servo, motor only need ESC, that's why Filton did not design for the throttle servo mounting hole. Also, that slot that goes under the cowling is designed for placing the ESC only, its too small for the short Hatori muffler, not to mention its impossible to use the older style long Hatori muffler. Further, for electric motor there is a very nice motor mount that comes with the kit, and the firewall already have slots opened to take that motor mount, which makes out a very clean and neat installation, but for nitro they only give a crappy engine mount without dampers, and I have to patch up all the slots opened for the electric motor mount on the firewall and improvise on mounting the engine. All these give the impression that Filton design the plane for electric, then throw in a crappy engine mount and a fuel tank to call it a hybrid....

As to the securing of the wings, yes I would say that having the screws facing on top is very convenient, but that lip, while ok for electirc, needs more "meat" to take the vibration of a 4 stroke nitro engine. Also, my friends' Inspire 90 comes with carbon wing tube, mine was black aluminum, maybe I had a lemon....

Overall, I like very much the cosmetic of the plane (Except for the elevator dowel...), and the construction is not bad, if I plan to fly electric with it I think I would like the Inspire 90 very much, but as a nitro guy I feel that while they named it according the size of a nitro engine, the Inspire simply does not provide enough design consideration for mounting a nitro engine. Further at this price I would expect better ingredient. Mine might fly very well with a nitro engine afterall, but just by looking at it in kit form now I am not impressed yet...

My 0.0002cent....
Old 07-11-2007, 06:46 AM
Funtana140

The fact that you throw that comment out there I think is hurting your credibility. Do people still believe that you can just blow an airplane up to a larger size? Its called Reynolds Number, read up on it sometime. [/b
I'm sorry but I don't think that you need to account for Reynolds number when scaling up from a 60 size to a 90 size. His argument was perfectly sound in that he thought the plane was a slightly modified (for the purpose) and enlarged Inspire 60. I don't think that you can say that he is hurting his credibility when what he suggested is perfectly legitimate. Suggesting that he reads up on Reynolds number when the two models are going to be roughly the same size, flying in the same air with the same viscosity and similar speed just doesn't make any sense.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:40 AM
greg_m

Hey y'awl

Stop freaking moanin about each others comments - jeeeeessssshhhhhhhhhh because of all of you I won't even bother to look at the plane or this thread again - well done on disappointing an interested reader with your load of personal critisism when all I wanted to know about was the bloody plane!!!!!

I thank blackshark3 for actually having a plane and giving me the best information on it - I now currently own a CMPro Leo 110 and am very happy with it as I am also a nitro fan - electric is for foamies I say - hahahaha

regards, Greg

Old 07-16-2007, 01:43 PM
kochj

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
why don't you just call each other and talk about your comments?.
Thay way it doesn't boar the hell out of me.
Just kidding,
we all must realize that emotions will run high when a new plane is released. Even though you have no claim in the company or it's stock.
like power selection, glow, battery, os, YS, and everything in between, plane or brand loyalty is 90% emotion. JIMHO

Back to the Plane ....

I like pattern planes...
I don't own one but the price of 350$ is very close to the QQ 73 Gen II and I can put a gasser in that one.
I am aware that pattern planes are very exspensive. This one looks to be a better alternative to those that like a more precise plane (unlike the Funtana 100X which has much cupling)

The size does not seem to be that much bigger than the inspire 60.
It seems that from a marketing standpoint you would stop the production of the 60 and just stay withth e the 90?
I would think that a little larger would have been a better step for them.. 120-140 size pattern ship?

I am guessing that they are banking on the very popular size saito 125 and the OS 120AX engines to match with this plane.... I am trying to say that we may see in the future the disolvement of the 60 and only the 90 being in production... Or I may be wrong..

Nice plane though..
Old 07-16-2007, 07:17 PM
BoneDoc
My Feedback: (1)

The 60 and 90 are different. The Inspire 60 is a hybrid with oversized control surfaces, while the Inspire 90 is a pure pattern plane.
Old 07-19-2007, 05:32 PM
wagen017

Agree with you Josh. The Inspire-90 is quite a different plane then the Inspire-60. It is much closer to the Infinity they produced before. I guess Fliton ran out of inspiration on names.... Luckily they seem to have plenty of inspiration for the planes! I really like the fact they now produced a what seems to be a real pattern plane (Iso another 3D).

Anyway I like the looks of it and I am awaiting the first flight reports.

volkert
Old 07-19-2007, 05:57 PM
jfetter

ORIGINAL: wagen017

Agree with you Josh. The Inspire-90 is quite a different plane then the Inspire-60. It is much closer to the Infinity they produced before. I guess Fliton ran out of inspiration on names.... Luckily they seem to have plenty of inspiration for the planes! I really like the fact they now produced a what seems to be a real pattern plane (Iso another 3D).

Anyway I like the looks of it and I am awaiting the first flight reports.

volkert
Speaking of which, where are the flight reports? This thing has been out now several weeks, I wonder if the initial excitement dried up after folks looked at it close?

Jack
Old 07-19-2007, 07:44 PM
BoneDoc

Jack,

There are only a few that are sold / released with this current batch. I've just gotten mine from Neumotors.com. I'm busy up the wazoo with residency and will try to squeeze a build thread in there somewhere. My gross impression (without taking anything out of the box) is that it's a great quality plane with a so-so hardware.
Old 07-19-2007, 09:37 PM
jfetter

ORIGINAL: BoneDoc

Jack,

There are only a few that are sold / released with this current batch. I've just gotten mine from Neumotors.com. I'm busy up the wazoo with residency and will try to squeeze a build thread in there somewhere. My gross impression (without taking anything out of the box) is that it's a great quality plane with a so-so hardware.
I'm surprised by this, my LHS got 2 in about 2 weeks ago (when I initially went in, looked it over and decided not to buy it) and they still have the same 2 sitting in the store. I assumed folks have had them for at least 3 weeks now...

Jack
Old 07-19-2007, 10:27 PM
BoneDoc

I'll post some info later once I get my build going. I might decide to do a separate build thread.. or maybe stick with this one .

I got my kit from www.neumotors.com. $329 SHIPPED! That's a great deal.
Old 07-21-2007, 01:01 AM
BoneDoc

All right!

Let's get the building part of this thread started!

First of all, IMHO, this plane is a first quality build. Mine comes out straight from the box without ANY warping. The only wrinkle on the covering I've found so far is a small one at the bottom of the fuse (definitely not a deal breaker for me ). I think those who got jaded at the kit were either:
1. Disappointed at the hardware (especially the wheels) package, or the box (which if that is you, I'd have to question your criteria for "good" ).
2. Got unlucky with Mr. Brown
3. Got unlucky with your LHS beating up your package, or other people who opened the box prior to you messing everything up.

All kidding aside, here are some pics. Please note that I have not done ANYTHING to alter the appearance of the kit (ie. I have not spent the last 7 hrs reshrinking everything to remove the wrinkle / warp / etc)

Here's how I got her: Double boxed, very nicely packaged

Opening the Box, here is how she looks; very neatly packaged, very well protected

You can see here how each package is wrapped with foam, as well as plastic covering... NICE!

Removing the covering, you can see here how much care they put into making sure that it arrives to you unscathed. As a side note, mine is production #63 .
Old 07-21-2007, 01:06 AM
BoneDoc

FIT & FINISH OF THE KIT

Ok, here are some pics to show you the fit and finish of the kit

Look at how well seated the canopy is to the fuselage... Can't get any better than that.

Great looking painted fiberglass cowl. It definitely exudes ATTITUDE! .

Look, even the manual is plastic bagged and sealed, lol. I've perused through the manual, and it's well written, on par with the new AJ Extra manual, and DEFINITELY MUCH better than the 330 Freestyle.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.