Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pattern Universe - RC Pattern Flying > RC Pattern Flying
Reload this Page >

Coming this summer: Black Magic VF3

Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Coming this summer: Black Magic VF3

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 04:13 PM
wingbag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Coming this summer: Black Magic VF3

Holy Moly Dean.....you want me to just jump right on that dont you!!!!

Let me learn a little more first....i dont want everyone to like my work more than mikes !!!! hahaha JUST KIDDING MIKE!!!

i am willing to learn though.....

Just keep me posted.

Tara[8D]
Old 08-01-2007, 08:23 PM
rclen

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello Mike: It was good to see you two at the nats. Question? what landing gear are you using on the V2 and V3 what size. Thanks Lynn Burks ( rclen)
Old 08-02-2007, 08:36 AM
MHester
My Feedback: (1)

I'm using the Comp Arf integral gear on mine. I really like it, especially the price. I'm trying to find another alternative, and am just about convinced that I need to start making my own gear.

However just about anything will work, Bolly, ES, you name it. For electric the best gear is the ES long if you can find them. I would contact Ed directly if you want to go this route. Otherwise I'd go with the comp arf integral or impact gear. It was actually designed around the impact gear and then they made the integral gear wider at the top. So, I may have to make new molds on day....or better yet just design my own.

-Mike
Old 04-12-2015, 02:03 PM
le fou
My Feedback: (12)

I am planning to put a Supertigre 2300 in the black magic. Does anybody know where I can get a header and a canister muffler like the pictures below for this engine?

Thanks,

LE fou
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Header.JPG
Views:	98
Size:	18.5 KB
ID:	2088430  
Attached Images  
Old 04-14-2015, 07:13 AM
flywilly
My Feedback: (121)

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

I would start a new thread in this forum: Wanted wrap around header for ST 2300.
Back in the late '90s the ST2300 was an inexpensive alternative to the OS 140RX. Dick Hanson worked with the engine and was very favorably impressed. I ran one without a pump and just a small header tank and had great results, but I did use a tuned pipe. I also used an OS 7D carb. The Black Magic is a large (volumetrically speaking) pattern design compared to the designs of the late '90s and you might want to consider running a tuned pipe.
I know that Johnson made wrap around headers for the ST 2300 and Karl Mueller made custom headers. I am sure there are many of them 'out there'.
Good Luck.
Old 04-14-2015, 03:58 PM
le fou
My Feedback: (12)

Flywilly,

Thanks a lot for responding and helping me out.

Le fou