Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

World models spot on 50

Old 07-05-2007, 01:59 PM
DUCATI996

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: World models spot on 50

Yes, I have! It flyes very nicely. I can compare it to the Twister 50 and it flyes much better. Mine does knife-edge with no coupling, recovers nicely from Snaps when you release the sticks, during inverted flight you have to give it a little down to keep nose up, triangle loops and square loos are perfect.

On the other hand the landing gear is made out of aluminum and it is extremaly heavy. I would suggest to get a CF landing gear IF you like the airplane. The covering is questionable, some of decoration came off during flight. It is a very low heat material and it looks like when they covered the airplane they tried to use as less heat as possible and it can come off just by looking at it.

CANOPY: It does not releases from the fuse
Old 08-21-2007, 10:43 AM
Fit

I have one as well though I just lost it today []

Anyways... I bought the plane for its looks and its inexpensive price.
This is my first nitro ARF for me. As I built it though I did notice that the covering peeled off easily. Ironing them back on didnt help. During building, the covering were coming off already... pretty bad IMO. Had to superglue them down.

As for the quality of the balsa... I thought it could be better. On some of the balsa it looked like the wood has moisture in it and seemed expanded.

The rest of the build went well and I have no complaints. I like the landing gear though because its a solid piece of aluminum. Not those soft alloys.
My plane crashed through a tree and sheared both of its wings and the wheel axles were bent yet the landing gear wasnt.

For the few (4 to be exact) flights that I had it, I landed it real hot. Have some hard landings but the LG again held up well. Nothing got ripped out either.
Speaking of landing hot... I am not sure if its me or the plane... Maybe i am just too afraid of slowing it too much, just couldnt get it slowed down enough and always end up barreling down the runway upon landing.

Other than that... I thought the plane flew well and is easy to handle. But It didnt last long enough for me to explore its aerobatic properties. So cant comment on that.
The plane was ran with an OS55AX which loss power few minutes into flight causing me to land into a tree...

Looks repairable... but its going to be a lot of work. Not sure if I will end up repairing it.
Well just wished it lasted longer!

Old 08-21-2007, 11:34 PM
lee101

sad to hear that you have lost the plane fit.

with the 55ax is it nose heavy?
Old 12-14-2007, 06:12 PM
igorcar

Hi
Im from Brazil and im flying my spot on 50 ARF with a ASP 80, But it is real nose heavy and hard to land.
I flow my friend`s plane and with a Os 55 and it was exelente.
But with the os 61 engine flood the engine becouse of the tank height?
Can you guys post some pictures of the engine compartment??
Old 12-06-2008, 09:09 AM
skywalllker

I'm getting this plane soon, can anyone advise me what engine can pull this plane unlimited vertical? I mean what would be the best choise for 4C and 2C?