Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Fliton Element 170

Oh,...your on uncle JAS,...except I want it in Blue Ray buddy!

I hope to have some video before then guys,...However,....I do have video of the 1995 thru 2001 of the "old" Masters World Aerobatic Championships of uncle JAS that I filmed flying the 260 and the Cap,..a true inspiration in deed,.. with all sincerety![8D] I would be honored if you filmed me flying,....but I think the roles are reversed here?

I'll bring the toy hauler and a steak dinner with extras and we can watch the video and re-visit yestarday,...would be kewl to hang with you again!

Bill Holsten
    Team Fliton

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hey guys, is it snowing already up there? No more flying? Just kidding!! I was just wondering if there are some more flight updates!
    I did read some more on the electric forum, and also some very nice pictures.

It made me longing for my Fliton Infinity!! Am I mistaken, or do they look alike? I fly the Inspire-90 now, but still have the ugly suspicion the Infinity was a better flying plane! To me this plane was a very sweet flying plane, with no mistakes (at least that I could discover at that time......).

Here an Infinity picture for comparison!

Volkert
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bz76936.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	104.1 KB 
ID:	1061001  
    Club Saito member #371

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

It looks that only I'm been hit by Fliton Store.
    I put an order in july 28 for one element. They promised me by begining of september, now they don't answer the phone calls (888-473-0856), I talk to Alex and he said that he will help me, that fliton store is no longer in business.
    Now alex don't aswer the calls.
    How can I recover my element or my money?
    Derek can you help me?

Lisandro Arturo Zapata
    Spitfire Brotherhood # 83
    Hellcat Brotherhood # 31
    Mustang Brotherhood # 72
    Thunderbolt Brotherhood # 28

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

2001az,

Send me a PM and I will see if I can help.

Bill Holsten
    Fliton Team Pilot
    Southeast Region

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Arturo,

I've been successful communicating with Alex via this e-mail address: alex@flitoncompetition.com

Give it a try.

Steve Homenda

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Alex is around. Not sure why he's not answering calls. Possibly he's out of the country? He was at the District Championship contest last weekend where he had a mid air.

Chris
    Team BJ Craft Team F3A Unlimited
    Team JR

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Geezzzzz,.....That's just simply bad luck![] Sorry to hear about Alex and his plane,..hang in there Alex.

Best Regards.

Bill Holsten
    Team Fliton

www.flitoncompetition.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I got my Element out and dry fitted her, seems nice except that the CF tube for the H stab is loose, the rear tube is loose but the front one fits nicely. The f/glass tubing on the V stab seems loose too, need to open the covering a little to see what happened in there. I am settling for the YS160, need the stick time for this baby, I need to learn to fly straight!

Wanna ask you guys something before I start building her, are CA hinges ok? Thanks!
    Its nice to be important, but its more important to be nice ...
    Revver Brotherhood No. 232

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Tianci . . I built a 2M ARF Pattern plane with CA hinges and flew it for 12 Months. I sold it at the end of the season, and the new owner has just competed with it for another 12 Months . . and they are holding up fine.

I didn't use the CA hinges that came with the plane (ESM/Kondor Arresti III - no longer available and a GREAT flying plane I must add). I felt they were a bit flimsy . . I opted to use Radio South CA Hinges, and they are great http://www.radiosouthrc.com/pro-hinge.htm

The hinge bevels need to fit up tight with little or no gap, otherwise there can be some movement in the joint . . not good when using high quality digitals to get accurate, precise control only to have the surfaces moving around [&o]

Cheers, JB

PS. You can also get them from Central Hobbies . . http://www.centralhobbies.com/buildi...als/hinges.htm
    South Australian Pattern Association web = http://sapa-f3a.blogspot.com/

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The rear tube will seem loose until the stab is on. It is the adjustable tube. DON'T REMOVE YOUR COVERING... lol
    I used the stock CA hinges as shown earlier somewhere. I love CA hinges. Radio South CA hinges are the best though.

Chris
    Team JR

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Okay ... CA hinges are fine. Now about the adjustable stab, how do I keep it in place once its 'adjusted'.What do I adjust for? Best to keep it at ZERO right?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Keep it at zero to start yes. It will stay in place by itself. The adjuster screw is from the bottom by the tailwheel. I'm sure you saw it already.

Chris
    Team JR

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Pattern ... did not do a close examination yet, will look at it later this week. Thanks man ... lucky I left the CA in my car ... if not ... oh boy!

Hi

I have received my element 170, and i was sad because it is much heavier than they say.

1. Main wing : 1070 grams (37.74 oz)

2. Fuselage : 1185 grams (41.80 oz)

3. Stabilizer : left and right side 113 -113 grams (3.99 oz) each
    === Total Around Weight : 2,828 grams (99.75 oz) ================

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

WOW . . that IS heavy. What power system are you running? I will be VERY interested what your finished weight will be.

JB
    South Australian Pattern Association web = http://sapa-f3a.blogspot.com/

This is a empty weight, around 470grams more than announce.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Holly cow,.....sure your scale is right? That only gives you about 2161.51 grams or 4.765.32 pounds to play with max,...thats mission impossible in my opinion.[]

I "had" an Icepoint which is similar in construction and my Icepoint came out 10.4 pounds ready to fly with a OS-140RX and two mini servos in each stab and a 1900mah Duralite battery. I myself would try a different scale just to be sure, because my digital poastal scale was only good to a quarter of a pound + or - and I didn't know that at first,...it's just a thought. I am using a cooking type scale now that goes to 11pounds and its accurate to with in an ounce.

Anyone else have this problem with their Element 170's?

Best Regards,
    Bill Holsten
    Fliton Team Pilot

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Let me weigh mine this weekend and see ... hmmmm ... interesting ...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I will post my weights on the scale as it was new in my build thread for those interested. Mine was outta the first batch though. Maybe someone will post their pics from the second batch..

Chris
    Team JR

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

That sounds good guys! I hope there is a good response, so we may develope a weight average perhaps of the first and second batch combined.

Plus: I will add,...it was indicated to me that each part/piece is weighed with each respective kit number and if it is substandard it gets recycled,.including weight.

PS: Composite should be here in a week or two,...I hope. I will be pushed for the Tangerine and will start a thread after.

Best Regards,
    Bill Holsten
    Team Fliton

The plane assembled with the electronic ... leaving missing a power system (speed controller, engine, propeller)
    Around Weight : 3275 grams (116 oz)
    According to my calculations, in-flight will be in the 5385 grams (200 oz).

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Huuummmmmmm,...........if that's the case, I will pass it along to the powers to be. In the mean time you may want to contact patternflyer1 as he is flying one on electric. Perhaps he may be able to help you in some areas of the airframe to cut some weight (rail mounts, etc).

There is a very nice thread on the pattern electric page with patternflyer1 posting his weights as indicated on his scale. I wish I could help you,..but I don't even have mine yet,.so patternflyer1 is perhaps your best source.

vsilva,....keep us posted on the finial outcome with the weight,......as those are the second run of planes, it's something that needs to have a watchful eye on.

Best Regards,
    Bill Holsten
    Team Fliton

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yep, the wood version is way to heavy, and way heavier than advertised. A friend of mine got one and AUW is 5.4kg, for an electric version.

For instance: the wing with servo's installed (Futaba S9150): 1.2kg.. so that's at least 300 grams overweight.

Rumours has it the first batch was more heavy than the newer versions.. dunno if it's true.

Still.. for beginner and novice the weight shoulnd't have to pose that big of a problem (in the dutch windy conditions it's even a plus for a beginner) and she does look fine, especially if you take the price into the consideration.

If one really wants, it's possible to reach the 5kg mark on an electric version.

Things that can be improved:
    - ALL steering survaces (ailerons/elevetors/rudder) are made from solid wood. Replace that by ribbed construction, for at least the rudder and elevators
    - The wing is too heavy, would probably be best to just build a new foam-balsa-sheeted wing
    - replacing the gear with a lighter one (though the supplied one isn't that heavy) (my friend used a Bolly carbone landing gear)
    - replacing the canopy with a carbone version
    - taking out the cockpit floor and backside

After having done this, you should be able to come in below 5kg AUW.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Actually, there was some mistake in the manufacturing for the first batch and that caused it to weigh more than as advertised. Fliton has found out why and its been sorted out as they say. I believe not all were over weight but some actually were. Mine was over weight, some got planes that were as advertised. It happens. Fliton was nice enough to resolve mine for me. They were fast to act upon it. That is good ...

Hi to all,

After several contacts with Fliton, since November last year as you know, and with my problem of weight unsolved, I realize that Fliton is not the best choice when you want to compete with the best, so I will do the same that other pilots already have done - given up on Fliton.
    As advice do not try com compete with Fliton models, someday you will need their help and no one will be on the other side of the line.
    I'm not asking for sponsorship but support to solve conception problems that prevent me to compete at a higher level.
    I've canceled my participation on this year F3A Championship, because of excess of weight in ELEMENT 170. This year the World Championship is here in Portugal, and so Fliton could have free advertising during all the event, but Fliton is not good enough to even think of that.
    So if you want to be a professional or try to be one, get real and forget Fliton - try to find a full cycle team and not just a supplier.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast