Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pattern Universe - RC Pattern Flying > RC Pattern Flying
Reload this Page >

Quique-OXAI announce Euphoria GP biplane

Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Quique-OXAI announce Euphoria GP biplane

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 01:35 AM
Jeff Boyd 2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Quique-OXAI announce Euphoria GP biplane

Hi Troy . .

Have you heard anything on the release and price of W. Matt's Amethyst bipe ? Also, the pics I have seen look like EP. Any plans for a GP version?

. . looks a little "radical", but I expect it will be a strong performer.

Thanks,

Jeff
Old 01-03-2008, 02:24 AM
Troy Newman

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

No information to share. Sorry

Oxai is pretty tight lipped about things and they like to keep it that way until they debut a model on their website.

This could be just a testing model. Oxai is always testing and building different things. Some see the light of day and some others are just well testing ideas.

This plane is likely something that will get out. The name on the side of the model is Roger Mao. Roger is one of the owners of Oxai. Usually Roger builds the prototype models for the given guy and then keeps one for himself to evaluate as well. These guys do lots of testing and their design process is probably the best of any manufacturer. Then the production folks take the designs and put them to Wood.

Oxai actually has a full time engineer that works on the designs and testing structures and so on. Mr. Yang works hard on the CAD stuff and solid modeling or the projects. Everything is done in CAD all the way down to the color schemes on the models.

Troy
Old 01-03-2008, 04:02 AM
Jeff Boyd 2

Thanks Troy . . Good info.
Old 03-01-2009, 01:49 AM
DEFILER

Is there a possibility of releasing a full equipment listing to get one of these in the air?

I am looking for: Servo model numbers (JR), Pipe being used (eg. Asano) and specifically the linkages being used in this example or are they closely guarded secrets? I am by no means a pattern flyer but would like to outfit a Euphoria within a year's time.

Additionally would like to know when this model will be available for purchase by the general public

Thank you in advance

Chris Hoesel
Old 03-01-2009, 09:27 AM
Robbidos
My Feedback: (20)

As far as equipment lists, the plane is sold airframe only. You need servos, RX, linkages, control horns, fuel tank and tubing, and engine. You obviously have your choice on how to configure it. Troy uses 4 aileron servos, where QQ uses 2 and creates a link from top to bottom wing. Obviously a plane like this deserves the best servo's you can buy, so 2-4 aileron servos, throttle, rudder, and elevator servos. Engine for both is a YS 1.70DZ. Troy uses standard Hatori muffler with a custom header from Central Hobbies that you should be able to get. The airplane is available today. Custom order of course.
Old 03-01-2009, 11:30 AM
rcprecision
My Feedback: (6)

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Chris,

Try contacting Sam Johnson the US OXAI importer. He can advise you on availability.

Sam Johnson [email protected] / 480-664-1560

Old 03-01-2009, 02:15 PM
Ryan Smith
My Feedback: (25)

Chris,

There have been a couple different versions of the Euphoria. If you buy one now, you'll likely get the 09 version that has only two aileron servos, versus the four in the prevous version.

For aileron servos on this airplane, go for the 3421SA (and the number of them, either two or four, depends again on what version of the Euphoria you have), 8411SA for the rudder, and I believe an 8611 on the elevator. Both were on pull-pull. YS 1.70DZ, with Asano header and Hatori 821 pipe for power. I'm pretty sure you'll need a K&S tank for it. Quique was running a 1221 at the World's with all of the satellites. I think he ended up using a Duralite LiPo in the last airplane, before he had been using a NiHM pack, I can't remember how big, maybe a 1650? I think QQ used H9 titanium Pro-Links for the ailerons, but he could have used the Central Hobbies carbon pushrod with titanium ends. I'm pretty sure QQ used MK rod ends, either 4-40 or 2.5mm, they're essentially the same size.

That's all I can think of. I hope this helps.