Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Flair Swallow vs copies

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 05:05 AM
TimBle

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Flair Swallow vs copies

I recently puchased a CMPro Swallow. it was old stock at my lHS and I'm only just getting into the whole pattern thing.

Another LHS owner told me the CMPro version is rubbish so I'm a little concernedthis thing is going to fall out of the sky.

Evrything that was wrong with the Flair Swallow seems to have corrected in the CMPro ARF; carbon push rod for the elevator, Dubro Pull pull forrubber, GRP reinforcing on the fueselage sides above the wing and a rather think ply plate where the landing gear is attached.
Does anyone have experienced of the CMPro copy of the Falir Swallow?
Would appreciate your feedback.

makeno mistake I will fly the CMPro Swallow till it falls apart, I would just not like that to happen on the first flight!
Old 10-14-2010, 10:04 AM
d_bodary
My Feedback: (85)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Flair Swallow vs copies

I had the Giant Scale Planes Swallow, This also had the glass/cloth reinforcement at the wing saddle above the wing. It also had a open bay wing instead of being fully sheeted. And the rear of the fuselage was open instead of being fully sheeted.
I ran a YS110 on mine.
I used Radio South hinges instead of the provided ones. And it never fell apart after a season i went with a 2 meter plane and it has just sat ever since.
Set the CG between 165 and 175mm back from the leading edge at the fuselage. If memory serves me correct the manual calls for 115mm
It was a good flying airplane, now it just sits