Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Extreme composite Pro-Line

Does anyone have one of these beasts up and flying. I am all set to pick mine up early in October. and am in planning mode for the fit-out... I`m a 2 stroke man so i already have the OS 140 FI does anyone know of the setups which are going around... I read that Akiba San has ironed his out quiet nicely.

It would be great to scope out some of the finer points before the damn thing arrives. ( Kudos to the owner of the pic )
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Yw68758.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	25.3 KB 
ID:	749801  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Extreme composite Pro-Line

Yeah, I have noticed this one . . Very nice ! ! What is the likely price ??

Cheers, Jeff
    South Australian Pattern Association web = http://sapa-f3a.blogspot.com/

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Jeff

I placed it on order direct from the hobbyman in victoria ( I think ) 2 weeks ago. The model is priced @ $2300 + $100 to get the thing to my door via registered mail, which is about $1000 cheaper than the Oxai models stuff and as far as my research has told me so far is just as good in quality.

but i guess we`ll see when it arrives. I hear that Alex Lau and Youchiro Akiba have done very well with them recently in inter continental competitions, would be nice to get some pointers from them on them.

All the best

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yep . . great price. I am sure one or two will appear on the circuit soon.

I just ordered a Comp-ARF Integral, then a friend pointed this one out to me . . oh well . . I don't think I'll complain too much
    South Australian Pattern Association web = http://sapa-f3a.blogspot.com/

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

From what i hear the integral is top notch in terms of the r&d which went into the design and overall build quality, which goes without saying becuase ZN line had a hand in the project aswell, and if Jason Schulman has one you know their good.

their is also some good information on this site on the integral... good luck

Scot

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have one that I'm building right now... the craftsmanship is even better than the Astral XX that I have.
    -Derek
    Team Futaba

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Derek,

Could you post some pictures of the plane? Especially the inside and belly pan fins.

Thanks,
    Jim W.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: ROGUE ROVER

Hi Jeff

I placed it on order direct from the hobbyman in victoria ( I think ) 2 weeks ago. The model is priced @ $2300 + $100 to get the thing to my door via registered mail, which is about $1000 cheaper than the Oxai models stuff and as far as my research has told me so far is just as good in quality.

but i guess we`ll see when it arrives. I hear that Alex Lau and Youchiro Akiba have done very well with them recently in inter continental competitions, would be nice to get some pointers from them on them.

All the best
    Alex Lau flew a Naruke built Astral XX Plus at the CAOCC earlier this year.

BTW. Akiba came in 4th at the Japanese National this weekend, I'm sending my ProLine back to him :-(

Adrian

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Derek,

You have too many airplanes
    Doug Cronkhite

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Adrian

Good to hear Akiba went well, why a you sending him your proline? Is it to get it setup?

If you guys have any detailed pictures or setups of this airplane please lets hear about them. What engines are you using?

Scot

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Adrian

Good to hear Akiba went well, why a you sending him your proline? Is it to get it setup?

If you guys have any detailed pictures or setups of this airplane please lets hear about them. What engines are you using?

Scot
    If I read it correctly from the website, Akiba crached in the middle of his flight due to interference. The pilot before him also got hit and made an emergency landing, Akiba wasn't as lucky.

I was just kidding about sending him back the plane for refund, he actually tested the plane before shipping to me.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

OMG really[sm=what_smile.gif] when did this crash occur?? This leads me to ask about radios? I know Akiba uses / used to use a 9ZAP so i wonder what happened? is their or will their be a trend you think for pattern flyers to move over to the new 2.4 Ghz systems? ( bearing in mind as far as i am aware their is now failsafe settings only hold according to spectrum, transmissions done on PPM not PCM )

Are you happy with the model and the way it flies? What setup are using motor / radio ? do you use on board glow?

If you have any pictures of your model / setup i would love to see them.

Scot

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: jim woodward

Hi Derek,

Could you post some pictures of the plane? Especially the inside and belly pan fins.

Thanks,
    Jim W.
    Sure - I'll do that tonight when I get home.
    -Derek
    Team Futaba

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Doug Cronkhite

You have too many airplanes
    Never! What's that saying? Too many planes - not enough time! [8D]
    -Derek
    Team Futaba

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

OMG really[sm=what_smile.gif] when did this crash occur?? This leads me to ask about radios? I know Akiba uses / used to use a 9ZAP so i wonder what happened? is their or will their be a trend you think for pattern flyers to move over to the new 2.4 Ghz systems? ( bearing in mind as far as i am aware their is now failsafe settings only hold according to spectrum, transmissions done on PPM not PCM )

Are you happy with the model and the way it flies? What setup are using motor / radio ? do you use on board glow?

If you have any pictures of your model / setup i would love to see them.

Scot
    Akiba uses the 14MZ, he works for Futaba. I guess he wasn't using their 2.4 system, otherwise, probably could have avoided the crash.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: riot3d

If I read it correctly from the website, Akiba crached in the middle of his flight due to interference. The pilot before him also got hit and made an emergency landing, Akiba wasn't as lucky.

I was just kidding about sending him back the plane for refund, he actually tested the plane before shipping to me.
    Too bad!! Looks like they had major interference for the finals and then stopped the contest and took the standings of the prelims to determine the winners.
    -Derek
    Team Futaba

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: jim woodward

Some pics...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ig12942.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	64.5 KB 
ID:	751432   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sn41196.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	38.0 KB 
ID:	751433   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wb76505.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	47.3 KB 
ID:	751434   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xr46654.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	43.1 KB 
ID:	751435   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Al70855.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	50.7 KB 
ID:	751436  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lb46416.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	30.9 KB 
ID:	751437   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Zb60305.jpg 
Size:	78.0 KB 
ID:	751438   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mk37007.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	44.7 KB 
ID:	751439   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xw35672.jpg 
Size:	56.2 KB 
ID:	751440   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ay75601.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	49.3 KB 
ID:	751441  

-Derek
    Team Futaba

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Just got mine tonight. Overall, pretty happy. Obviously, nowhere near the Akiba version.

Adrian

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

What a gorgeuous looking machine, and it comes with hardware! [sm=tongue_smile.gif]

The quality looks good too! Have you managed to get some flying time on it yet?
    Does the undercarriage / spats look up to the job?

I also hear that kiba has been using the T-Canilizer on his, must be an add on [sm=tongue_smile.gif]

Scot

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Adrian

Cool, they do look great, i`m hoping to have mine hear in October, the Thailand factory have been processing the Australian order for the last 2 weeks.

On model like this would it be okay to run the recever arial down the inside of the fuse???

Scot

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The quality looks good too! Have you managed to get some flying time on it yet?
    Does the undercarriage / spats look up to the job?
    No flying time on it yet as I'm still assembling it. All I have done so far is put the aileron servos in... I don't anticipate finishing the ProLine for at least another 6 weeks as I need to order parts for it and then I still need to finish up another plane first.

As for the gear holding up - time will tell. I will probably put taller gear on anyway (Bolly) - they will give me about an extra 1" in height. The wheel pants will be fine - I've flown my Astral XX pants now for 18 months and they are still in great shape.
    -Derek
    Team Futaba

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ahh right,...yes i know the feeling Dereck, i`m still putting the Zen together...should be finished in a couple of weeks ( photos on the way )

Please keep me posted on the Pro line! how much did it cost you ? are you going to use a 4 stroke in it?

is the fuse fibre glass or Kevlar?

Scot

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

When I opened the box and took this airplane out of the great packaging one word came to mind.

SWEET !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

I hope to fly mine this weekend. This has to be the best built, best looking airplane I've ever owned.

Weight is going to be around 10.5 with nothing really done to make it light. I'm using nicads so this airplane could easily be 10-10 1/4 with some care. An AR80 mount from Hyde gives a 3/32 gap for the spinner so that works out fine, the firewall is already installed and drilled for a budd mount I believe. The nose has the nose ring already drilled but I don't know what ring they drilled it for so I used a Central nose ring and redrilled it. The nose has a carbon reinforcement and the firewall is carbon laminate. The wing hold down is also carbon. I used a 16 oz MK tank that fits nicely with some foam padding. A larger tank will fit easily. Only problem so far is finding a spinner that fits, it's 89mm or 3 5/8 which true turn doesn't make yet. I'm going to call them today to see if they'll make me one.

The hardware that comes with the kit is very little. Only the ail,elev,rudder horns and pull pull cables but whats there is nice. They do include a balsa push rod thats already made up but I'm not sure I want to use it. This is the last thing I have to install before final travel adjusts for flight. With the nicad at the rear of the wing saddle my balance point is at 170mm which is what the designer has for the proper location. This is with a YS1.60, hyde mount 821 muffler and the Hatori header. I used the raised Hatori header 822 but I think the 823 would be a better fit. Nothing wrong with the 822 but it puts the muffler a bit close to the belly pan.

The fit and alignment of this airplane is as good as I've ever seen. The wing to stab alignment was within 1/32", the stab is adjustable with a single screw in the bottom of the fuse. The wing fits the saddle perfectly. The stabs fit the fuse perfect with no gaps. The stab uses what appear to be around 3/8's carbon rods for the joiners, plenty stiff and light. The belly pan has the pins and the quick release already installed and works slick.

The finish is very good, Not perfect mind you there are a few minor places where you san see some very minor dimples. The canopy fits perfectly with ZERO trimming. The holes for the control horns on the rudder and elev are predrilled but the ailerons are not.

The hinges appear to be 100% of the span laid up in the mold. As you can see from Derek's pic's the servo tray is already installed and should be fine. The wing comes ready for the Futaba low profile aileron servo's and is already drilled. The servo lead tubes for the wing are in place. There is a crutch run the length of the fuse from the rear wing opening to the stab nice and stiff on the fuse sides. It would have been nice to use as a mount for the deps system but it's in the wrong place.

The plane comes with a complete set of covers for the fuse,wings and stab. The only thing I'm undecided on at this point is putting the servo's in the tail, using a single Y pushrod, trying my hand at the DEPS or running two carbon rods to a single servo in the stock location. Right now I'm leaning towards the two carbon rods and a single servo.

Is this a great looking airplane? Dang Skippy !!!!!!!!! Is it "perfect"?, no, to get perfect you'll have to spend a grand or more above this one, and that will only be a slightly (And I mean slighty) better finish, I'm talking the difference between a new car paint job and a Chip Foose painted car. I already have plans for a second one, I'm that pleased with it. There are only 4 "kits" in the country right now for testing. As soon as we've got ours flying and do the "Need to fix this or that" reports there will be an announcement on who what when and where to get them. So far there's nothing I see that needs to be fixed. Did I mention this thing is HUGE????

Stay tuned. Same Bat channel, Same Bat time.
    Be a kid forever, fly models.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Don't be afraid to use the elevator pushrod that it comes with it. It works. I have around 90 flights on the Astral XX with the Anhedral stab. It works fine. It was just a little difficult to install. I had to use my brother to assist me in its instllation. Derek has probably several hundred flights on his Astral XX using the provided pushrod. I did, however, replace the landing gear on the Astral XX. They started to delaminate after 45 flights. I replaced them with Bollys.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

What is the cost of that beauty ?
    Ricardo Mendez Turell

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast