RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

2007 F3A World Championships

Reply
Old 11-15-2007, 03:38 AM
  #251
KINGX
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: ATHENS, GREECE
Posts: 254
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: 2007 F3A World Championships


Quote:
ORIGINAL: bla bla

A Greek taking things seriously[] Whats happening to the world?
I blame it on the Eurovision Song Contest.

Hey Bla Bla,

How does it feel like to fly R/C planes using snow skids all year round in the cold, dark and icy environment of your otherwise lovely country?? Believe me, there are Greeks who are VERY VERY SERIOUS about R/C flying......
KINGX is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 04:59 AM
  #252
bla bla
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Oslo, NORWAY
Posts: 1,579
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: 2007 F3A World Championships

The French have won the team comp'?
Fantastic news!
bla bla is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 05:01 AM
  #253
can773
Thread Starter
 
can773's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Calgary, AB, CANADA
Posts: 2,282
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: 2007 F3A World Championships

The semi-finalists in order of finish are,

CPLR
Shulman
Onda
Somenzini
Matt
Akiba
BPLR
Silvestri
Carrier
Jesky
Wissinger
Marquet
Suzuki
Friggeri
Dierickx
Beschorner
Rubin
Ulsamer
Fremming
Mayr
Northest
Graselli
Danksagmuller
Filgas
Van Vliet
Bloodworth

Warm-up pilots
Robinson
Shaden


Country order of finish
France
USA
Japan
Italy
Germany
Belgium
Austria
Swiss
Argentina
Canada
Austailia
China
Russia
South Africa
UK
Ireland
Korea
Ecuador
Hong Kong
Chile
Brazil
COlumbia
Suriname
Thailand
Venezuela
Singapore
Liechtenstein
Norway
Netherlands
Sweden
San Marino
Portugal
can773 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 05:11 AM
  #254
grcourtney
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: huntsville, AL
Posts: 864
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: 2007 F3A World Championships

thanks chad

gary
grcourtney is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 06:07 AM
  #255
bla bla
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Oslo, NORWAY
Posts: 1,579
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: 2007 F3A World Championships

OK, they where the prelims but what about that Grandad Matt in 5th?
Outstanding. At this level, at his age. Standing ovation.
Wasn't one of you guys beating him up some pages back?
bla bla is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 08:36 AM
  #256
flywilly
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: glen allen, VA,
Posts: 1,910
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: 2007 F3A World Championships

Looks like another top ten finish for Wolfgang. I'd have to research this, but I think he's placed in the top ten in EVERY WC since 1971 [X(][X(] I bow to the master...
Congratulations to team USA!! ... and all the competitors!
How did the bipes do in the wind???

Is anybody making a DVD of the 2007 WC for sale?

Will Bartlett
flywilly is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 09:09 AM
  #257
Aresti-RCU
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 350
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: 2007 F3A World Championships

Hey Bla Bla here is one for you (from http://patternwest.blogspot.com/):
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn37445.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	804302   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf98334.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	804303  
Aresti-RCU is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 09:17 AM
  #258
WilhelmSteinitz
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Varberg, SWEDEN
Posts: 7
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: 2007 F3A World Championships


Quote:
ORIGINAL: flywilly

Looks like another top ten finish for Wolfgang. I'd have to research this, but I think he's placed in the top ten in EVERY WC since 1971 [X(][X(] I bow to the master...
Not that I don't want to bow to the master but it isn't over yet.

When it comes to being in the top 10 since 1971, according to his own homepage this is true. In fact, again according to his homepage, mr Matt has *never* placed lower than 10th on a world championship.

However, the three "worst" results have been in the most recent championships. Moreover, it is interesting to note that he always manage to qualify for the finals, but has been at place 10 in the two most recent championships, indicating (there are 10 pilots in the finals) that he focuses on practising the P- and F-schedules.

Or is it a sign of age? Maybe flexibility and adaptibility is more worth than experience when flying the unknown final schedules.


WilhelmSteinitz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 09:43 AM
  #259
bla bla
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Oslo, NORWAY
Posts: 1,579
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: 2007 F3A World Championships


Quote:
ORIGINAL: WilhelmSteinitz


Or is it a sign of age? Maybe flexibility and adaptibility is more worth than experience when flying the unknown final schedules.

If the wind is blowing like stink, experience experience at this level will be worth will be worth millions. I'm soiling my pants at a club level with a slight cross wind breeze!

And What about those Aresti HONEYS!!!!![sm=thumbs_up.gif][sm=bananahead.gif][X(]
This is what we're here for.
bla bla is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 09:47 AM
  #260
Spacey
 
Spacey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Pretoria, SOUTH AFRICA
Posts: 1,885
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: 2007 F3A World Championships

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Jeff Boyd 2

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Spacey
Hopefully the guys from FG will get some video up (If they haven't already, just browsing now) of this bird, I'd love to see it fly hopefully with some cloud puffs in the background.
Here ya go . . QQ's Euphoria video (F07) . . "cloud puffs" and all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2V_jYgA56M

PS . . now watch CAREFULLY . . . those are "SNAPS" ! ! ! . . (sorry guys . . couldn't help myself )
Thanks Jeff! I think I can see what you mean about the Knife edge...the plane doesn't really change attitude does it? Kinda funky. I'm gonna grab some more vids from the worlds now to compare.
Spacey is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 09:50 AM
  #261
Spacey
 
Spacey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Pretoria, SOUTH AFRICA
Posts: 1,885
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: 2007 F3A World Championships

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Aresti-RCU

Hey Bla Bla here is one for you (from http://patternwest.blogspot.com/):
Somethin wrong with that picture? I see the planes, the girls...but not one guy with two radios and a buddy cable?
Spacey is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 10:02 AM
  #262
RCAerobat
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Paris, FRANCE
Posts: 24
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: 2007 F3A World Championships


Quote:
ORIGINAL: flywilly
Looks like another top ten finish for Wolfgang. I'd have to research this, but I think he's placed in the top ten in EVERY WC since 1971 [X(][X(] I bow to the master...
Actually Wolfgang placed in the top 10 since his very first World Champ back in 1967 (which Phil Kraft won), that's 40 years ago ! He was 17 and flying for less than 1 1/2 years. In 1971 (Doylestown Aerolympics) he had already two World Championships behind him (1967 - France & 1969 - Germany)

RCAerobat

RCAerobat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 10:13 AM
  #263
grotto2
 
grotto2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Palm Bay, FL
Posts: 939
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: 2007 F3A World Championships

And don't forget Matt's airplane designs. They've always been top-notch: Atlas, Arrow, Joker, Smargd, etc.
grotto2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 10:17 AM
  #264
Nickolas
 
Nickolas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Athens, GREECE
Posts: 917
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: 2007 F3A World Championships

Quote:
ORIGINAL: KINGX


Quote:
ORIGINAL: bla bla

A Greek taking things seriously[] Whats happening to the world?
I blame it on the Eurovision Song Contest.

Hey Bla Bla,

How does it feel like to fly R/C planes using snow skids all year round in the cold, dark and icy environment of your otherwise lovely country?? Believe me, there are Greeks who are VERY VERY SERIOUS about R/C flying......

Ι did not think that Fidel Castro was coming from Norway....I did not even think that Michael Moore was also coming from Norway....Norway should have many local heros and great aeromodellers like bla bla.

Happy sking Napapiri mate... and don't forget to buid that igloo for your dog, summer is coming soon....

Best regards and sorry for the intervention let's carry on the conversation about the F3A Worlds which is very interesting.



Nickolas is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 10:31 AM
  #265
Rune
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Vikersund, NORWAY
Posts: 725
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: 2007 F3A World Championships

hey
Ola Fremming in the semi final....thats great Ola!!!

And ...Ola those groupies some post up ...is for you ..enjoy them!!!
Rune is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 10:36 AM
  #266
tommy s
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Tomball, TX
Posts: 1,387
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: 2007 F3A World Championships

Aresti-RCU

I've been flying a long time but I've never seen any of that at any flying
field I've been to !
Talk about building interest in pattern !!!!

tommy s
tommy s is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 11:03 AM
  #267
signal present
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Kokkola, FINLAND
Posts: 2
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: 2007 F3A World Championships


Quote:


Ι did not think that Fidel Castro was coming from Norway....I did not even think that Michael Moore was also coming from Norway....Norway should have many local heros and great aeromodellers like bla bla.

Happy sking Napapiri mate... and don't forget to buid that igloo for your dog, summer is coming soon....

Best regards and sorry for the intervention let's carry on the conversation about the F3A Worlds which is very interesting.

I guess you mean Napapiiri Nickolas??
That's the finnish word for polar circle, not the norwegian.
Just thought you should know.
signal present is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 11:20 AM
  #268
therupman
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Brentwood,, TN
Posts: 64
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: 2007 F3A World Championships

Hey, Mr. RCAerobat. According to your post and my math, Wolfgang is ONLY 57 years old. Still a teenager in my book.
Ahhhh!!!!. To be young again.
Bob R in USA
therupman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 11:27 AM
  #269
RCAerobat
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Paris, FRANCE
Posts: 24
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: 2007 F3A World Championships


Quote:
ORIGINAL: therupman
Hey, Mr. RCAerobat. According to your post and my math, Wolfgang is ONLY 57 years old. Still a teenager in my book.
Yes, he still has many more World Championships to compete in
RCAerobat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 06:14 PM
  #270
Brenner
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bridgman, MI
Posts: 725
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: 2007 F3A World Championships

One of the things about sports like auto racing and pattern flying, is that as long as you have your health, you can participate and compete at a very high level, even as you get up in years.

However despite this, there are probably more younger pilots than older pilots flying at world class levels, but I attribute this to the fact that it's only in recent years (like the past thirty years or so ..) that kids have been given the chance to get into the sport at a very young age. Chip Hyde is a good example of this, as is Andrew Jesky. When kids gets this kind of opportunity, they get a chance to start learning to fly just when their brains are the most plastic, and consequently they can develop skills that are much harder to aquire when you're older.
Brenner is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 07:44 PM
  #271
protectedpilot
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Denham Springs, LA
Posts: 187
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: 2007 F3A World Championships


Quote:
ORIGINAL: Rune

hey
Ola Fremming in the semi final....thats great Ola!!!

And ...Ola those groupies some post up ...is for you ..enjoy them!!!
Me, too. Congratulations, Ola!

Brian Clemmons
protectedpilot is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 11:10 PM
  #272
aceinflight
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: maitland, FL
Posts: 24
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: 2007 F3A World Championships

Great job Jason,and USA TEAM for making all of us proud . All of us in orlando fl. will be rooting for you and team through the semis and into the finals.....Good luck guys
mike
aceinflight is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 01:37 AM
  #273
alcarafa
 
alcarafa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: MEXICO, MEXICO
Posts: 786
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: 2007 F3A World Championships


Quote:
ORIGINAL: Aresti-RCU

Hey Bla Bla here is one for you (from http://patternwest.blogspot.com/):

Hey Aresti- rcu you have to brighten up this thread with more beauties like this ones, we will not get angry with you.
alcarafa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 02:07 AM
  #274
Rendegade
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Perth, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,881
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: 2007 F3A World Championships


Quote:
ORIGINAL: Brenner

One of the things about sports like auto racing and pattern flying, is that as long as you have your health, you can participate and compete at a very high level, even as you get up in years.

However despite this, there are probably more younger pilots than older pilots flying at world class levels, but I attribute this to the fact that it's only in recent years (like the past thirty years or so ..) that kids have been given the chance to get into the sport at a very young age. Chip Hyde is a good example of this, as is Andrew Jesky. When kids gets this kind of opportunity, they get a chance to start learning to fly just when their brains are the most plastic, and consequently they can develop skills that are much harder to aquire when you're older.

Ahh crap, at 29, I guess I'll never get to the worlds.

Well done to Bill bloodworth (designer of the Aresti's that KMP and ESM were selling) to have made into the semi's, Our top pattern Maestro.


Rendegade is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 06:30 AM
  #275
Jeff Boyd 2
 
Jeff Boyd 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Adelaide, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 732
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: 2007 F3A World Championships

I agree . . having seen Bill fly a couple of times, it begs the question . . "How good are the top 10?" ! !

One of Bill's flights at the Masters this year, I struggled to find downgrades, and I think I am fairly critical !

Cheers, Jeff
Jeff Boyd 2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:20 PM.