Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: 2007 F3A World Championships

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

LoL
    I like this guy ,,
    very creative ,, you need to come to the Nat`s
    with you and chip around, Man ,it would be a hoot
    BTW do you know Fred Weaver?
    Bryan H.
    Hebert competition designs \"Team\" YS, Futaba, cool power, Central hobbies, Hyde Mounts, contra, xtreme composites

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: 3DnSD

Twas the night before the World Championships on RCU,

The cast of characters had assembled and insults flew,

Roses are red, violets are blue;
    Trolls are a pain,

finish the rest yourself.... this is stupid.

You might wish to 'check six' and decide if you're a better pilot than Arch; but I doubt it. Anonymous insults towards your betters does not make one more admirable. PLEASE, let's keep this to legitimate posts. Arch (a great guy, and a heck of a Masters pilot), made some comments on his IMPRESSIONS of a plane in the air. Personal preferences, only. Some people like chocolate, some vanilla. Nothing sinister in that, either.

For me, congrats to Quique, Jason and Andrew. I remember seeing Quique do a 32 point roll three feet above an asphalt runway; seeing Jason knife to knife snaps right then left the length of the runway, and seeing Andrew fly an EMC2 as big as he was (almost)......... and am delighted for each of them. Personally, I feel Jason, too, is capable of a Championship, and suspect the same in Andy. Nationalistic pride? You bet, nothing wrong with that, either. I did, after all, point out that the French (with CPLR on the team) would be tough to beat. Congratulations to them, as well, they're nice guys in addition to being great pilots.

Brian

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: flyncajun

BTW do you know Fred Weaver?
    Hey B,

Fred lives near me... not in San Diego.

Northern California - Sierra foothills...
    -Derek
    Team Futaba

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'm a retarded 5 year old with Daddy's computer, with the IQ of a field mouse and the spine of a jellyfish. Please give me attention. But not too much, I'm too scared to post on a toy plane forum with my real name, because you would all know that I couldn't fly a toy plane further than 5 feet without breaking it and the kids down the street routinely beat me up and take my milk money.

My greatest contribution to this forum is taking stabs at people who could kick my sorry ass with a trainer. I feel very important now that I have soiled a good thread with my rage. I am angry that my father doesn't give me enough attention. Why doesn't he love me? Maybe it's because I'm a complete *******.

Thank you for your valuable contribution 3d.

-M
    Thanks to my sponsors over the years!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: patternrules

In 83 our club hosted the Japanee team for a week before the worlds if I remember right they have or had goverment support, so giving a more of a National team meaning. This was one of my fondest memories in RC.
    The pilots was Yoshioka, Naruke, and Akiba, with Sushki as the backup and helper.
    Their planes was all new, never flown when they arrived so trim flights was first on the agenda. A funny thing that happened that really surprised me was Akiba was doing a first flight on one of his planes and after about 3 minutes into the flight (all was on the same frequency the classic JR, Futuba clash) Yoshika turned on, as you would expect in those days the plane went nuts, then he turned off and they laughs so hard and Akiba was going nuts ( don't know what they was saying but I'm sure there was some choice words).
    They was a real fun bunch to be around and I can't tell you how much fun we had at the airport with a 4 hour delay and them getting chargered twice for freight, the drinks started flowing thanks to Mr. Yamada's open bar or should I say wallet. Great group of guys.
    I still have gifts they sent me when they returned home.
    Like I said one of the best weeks I have had in RC.
    Steve Maxwell

P.S. really proud of the us team and especially Andrew my old friend.
    Remember it quite well myself, but Steve was practically their personal cheuffeur. I remember drooling over the engines he scored from Yamada san. Those were indeed outstanding models in their finish and construction...all wood, just like now, and finished in (what else?) Jap tissue and dope.

I remember Naruke going up to Galle's Arrow and tapping the fiberglass fuse for effect and then they all busted out laughing. Then back to business as Steve pointed out. Having been in Pattern only a couple years at the time, I was impressed with the professionalism they showed and the practice routines they had. They practiced at different directions to get crosswind practice in....seems obvious now but it wasn't back then. Heck we were just Sportsman fliers trying to get Straight flight out, Procedure Turn and Straight flight back right

MattK
    Regards,
    MattK
    (Rcmaster199@aol.com)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yeah I know,
    just thought Fred Might want to give him a good talking to , you know he would.
    I think 3d`s funny, don`t know who he is,,, so,,
    I don`t take him personal.
    He started on me first and I `ve been trying to take his advise but Mr Matt will not return my calls ,
    O Well,he`s probably still sad because he did`nt make the Finals this time around <G>
    Please!!! just Lighten up already! this is just for fun,,, HUMMMM on second thought , you might have been the low judge I had on round 4 at this years Nat`s
    Hebert competition designs \"Team\" YS, Futaba, cool power, Central hobbies, Hyde Mounts, contra, xtreme composites

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: MHester

I'm a retarded 5 year old with Daddy's computer, with the IQ of a field mouse and the spine of a jellyfish. Please give me attention. But not too much, I'm too scared to post on a toy plane forum with my real name, because you would all know that I couldn't fly a toy plane further than 5 feet without breaking it and the kids down the street routinely beat me up and take my milk money.

My greatest contribution to this forum is taking stabs at people who could kick my sorry ass with a trainer. I feel very important now that I have soiled a good thread with my rage. I am angry that my father doesn't give me enough attention. Why doesn't he love me? Maybe it's because I'm a complete *******.

-M
    On other forums . . a poster such as this is "blocked" from use.

I don't find anything about that post funny. It's cruel and insensitive rubbish ! ! A 5yo intellectually handicapped kid wouldn't stoop so low ! !

3DnSD, please read the "Terms and Conditions" of posting in red print at the top of your posting box, and show some respect.
    South Australian Pattern Association web = http://sapa-f3a.blogspot.com/

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey Rob I flew reeds also. There were a lot of guys who couldn't make the transition from reeds to proportional.
    Mike Mueller
    F3AUnlimited.com and Gator-RC Products
    1800 591 2875
    mikemueller@F3AUnlimited.com
    Team JR America

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: macleote

results since 1960:

24. 2005 FRANCE

1. C.P.Le Roux, France
    2. T. Onda, japan
    3. R. Matt, liechtenchtein

1. Japon
    2. USA
    3. Liechtenchtein
    4. France

25. 2007 ARGENTINA

1. Q. Somenzini, USA
    2. C.P. Le Roux, France
    3. T.Onda, Japan

1. France
    2. USA
    3. Japan
    26. 2009 PORTUGAL

1. J. Boyd, AUST
    2. Some Nice Guy
    3. Another Nice Guy

Yep . . sounds good to me

All I need is a s@#$ load of time off work to practice, plenty of top equipment (donations please) . . Oh . . and a bucket load of talent and skill [] . . oh well . .

PS. Thanks for that comprehensive listing . . AWESOME. I have saved it for future reference.
    South Australian Pattern Association web = http://sapa-f3a.blogspot.com/

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: flyncajun

Yeah I know,
    just thought Fred Might want to give him a good talking to , you know he would.
    I think 3d`s funny, don`t know who he is,,, so,,
    I don`t take him personal.
    He started on me first and I `ve been trying to take his advise but Mr Matt will not return my calls ,
    O Well,he`s probably still sad because he did`nt make the Finals this time around <G>
    Please!!! just Lighten up already! this is just for fun,,, HUMMMM on second thought , you might have been the low judge I had on round 4 at this years Nat`s
    What I find interesting is that you predicted Matt wouldn't make the finals...for the first time in 40 years. With no animosity, just a prediction. You got lit up pretty hard for it.

And you were right.

-Mike

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

These were the most exciting finals. The top 5 all flew great and it was close indeed. They made the strong crosswind look non existent to us mere mortals! The results are based on pilot skills (training/talent/preparation), equipment (preparation), and some luck and politics. So if CPLR had a deadstick it is all part of the game and a fair result. Our F3A sport is very similar to F1 in that aspect. We were so happy for QQ's win long overdue and it couldn't happen to a nicer guy, gentleman, and ambassador for our sport.

Great job Jason you will be champ some day. Great job Andrew and thanks for the 2 servos you gave to John our team member after he almost lost his airplane in round 1.
    Thank you John and Geoffrey for all your hard work and getting the back-up Synergy ready allowing me to still compete at the last minute (as I lost my only airplane, Mantis EX, on 2 November). I will never forget your effort and am forever grateful.

Congrats team ECU your improvement is remarkable!

For the record.....for the first time ever team SUR beat team NED the old colonial mother country.......it did help that it was 3 of us against 1! Congrats Danny to making the semis for the 1st time!

Freddy Hagens
    TEAM SURINAME
    Freddy

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Freddy
    For the record.....for the first time ever team SUR beat team NED the old colonial mother country.......it did help that it was 3 of us against 1! Congrats Danny to making the semis for the 1st time!
    Hi Freddy,
    Perhaps you did not know. Dutch forum and thread on WC2007:
    http://www.modelbouwforum.nl/phpBB2/...ic.php?t=66776

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Bedankt Hans ik heb het nederlandse forum gelezen.

Here are pictures from team Suriname:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ur52166.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	92.5 KB 
ID:	807965   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lg16845.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	84.7 KB 
ID:	807966   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ms42568.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	49.9 KB 
ID:	807967  
    Freddy

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

More pics:

Name:	Nl30399.jpg 
Size:	77.0 KB 
ID:	807968   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lg18039.jpg 
Size:	122.1 KB 
ID:	807969   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lq38154.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	71.1 KB 
ID:	807970  
    Freddy

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

And especially for bla bla and company.......

Name:	Rp44977.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	74.4 KB 
ID:	807972   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Av67801.jpg 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	807973   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ou49974.jpg 
Size:	92.1 KB 
ID:	807974  
    Freddy

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I don't know who #70 is but he has very good taste !!!
    That looks like a ring on his left hand, if that's a wedding ring I hope his
    wife is very understanding or doesn't look at RCU.

tommy s

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

-M
    Thanks for the complements and love.

Peter – Your posts are examples of sincerity without agenda. Carry on.

Brian – It’s just not fair.

Bryan – I hear Chip is going to be ready for next year – you call round 4 flying?

-M – Oh my, welcome to the hood. This is a lot of venom for someone with over 2000 unpaid RCU advertisements. Because of my job which does preclude the taxpayer from delivering a lifestyle that would offer as benefit such time and luxury to create fraudulent or faux quotes (lets build on Rusty’s vocabulary lessons); I do not know how you created a faux quote. In the future please do not transcribe your therapy sessions into fraudulent quotes of other RCU’ers that opine. I’m sure the readership is disappointed in your psycho-self portrait.

Ring Ring – its St. Nick! He’s asked, β€œIs an attack on the Queen’s men the same as an attack on the Queen himself? … must be. A bit reminiscent of British foreign policy though.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

-M
    Thanks for the complements and love.

Peter – Your posts are examples of sincerity without agenda. Carry on.

Brian – It’s just not fair.

Bryan – I hear Chip is going to be ready for next year – you call round 4 flying?

-M – Oh my, welcome to the hood. This is a lot of venom for someone with over 2000 unpaid RCU advertisements. Because of my job which does preclude the taxpayer from delivering a lifestyle that would offer as benefit such time and luxury to create fraudulent or faux quotes (lets build on Rusty’s vocabulary lessons); I do not know how you created a faux quote. In the future please do not transcribe your therapy sessions into fraudulent quotes of other RCU’ers that opine. I’m sure the readership is disappointed in your psycho-self portrait.

Ring Ring – its St. Nick! He’s asked, β€œIs an attack on the Queen’s men the same as an attack on the Queen himself? … must be. A bit reminiscent of British foreign policy though.

Oh get off of your high horse. This is a discussion about the world champs. Your whinning and *****ing is a negative distraction. It's not needed nor is it wanted. Go away and bother someone else with your immature blathering! Thank you.

Bill Brittain

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

3DnSD
    WHat about me I`m feeling left out
    Man ,,you must have a terrible Job.
    "Now" I`m calling Fred Weaver.
    Bryan H.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I still luv ya Bryan!!!!........We've had some good times at the Baton Rouge contests over the years eh?... We just need to bring Paul Verger back!

Greg Grigsby

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey Greg don't forget Kerny La June and Jim Fife and I raise you a Tim Langinae (spelling)
    Steve Maxwell
    Steve Maxwell

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Good Times!.....

Greg

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Moving on...ignoring the drivel of anonymous malcontented morons....

I couldn't be happier with the performance of the American world team. And I will be the first to admit, QQ suprised me. I take NOTHING away from his flying or dedication, I just had my reservations and would have predicted a couple of others maybe edging him. Obviously he did suprise a few people and now is world champion! And I can't say anything but congradulations to a great modeler, a great person and a great pilot.

Jason is always in the mix. I have had the pleasure of judging him locally for about 2 years and I'm always amazed at his natural ability. I know he was very focused and how bad he wanted it this time. I bet he's tired of "there's always next time"...but it's true. He's still young in the grand scheme of things and I would bet he'll take that championship trophy before it's all over with.

Andrew....WOW. I judged Andrew's first round at the team trials this year, and he clearly outflew everyone else. I knew he was a good pilot but this level of flying was outstanding. For him to make it to the team and then make the finals his first time at the worlds, well I hope he is as happy as the rest of us. Because I know that pretty much everyone in the US is cheering right now. STILL. I know I am!!!!

As for the rest of the fantastic pilots in the contest, congradulations to you all!!!! It was a heck of a show from here. I just hate that we have to wait 2 years for the next one! You guys inspire the rest of us to no end. We know that most of us will never have the opportunity to fly at the world championship. But thanks to all of you, we have something to aim for.

Congrats to you ALL for a fantastic showing!

-Mike

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Jason is always in the mix. I have had the pleasure of judging him locally for about 2 years and I'm always amazed at his natural ability. I know he was very focused and how bad he wanted it this time. I bet he's tired of "there's always next time"...but it's true. He's still young in the grand scheme of things and I would bet he'll take that championship trophy before it's all over with.

-Mike
    There definitely is a next time for Jason.... Hell....Quique just proved it!!

MattK
    Regards,
    MattK
    (Rcmaster199@aol.com)

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast