Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

DZ Foam Clunk

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 08:53 PM
Silver Bullet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DZ Foam Clunk

I'm going to put a hopper tank in my new Black Magic and was wondering about the proper location for the YS DZ foam clunk. Does it go in the hopper tank, the main tank or both? Actually, I've also heard that no clunk should be used in the hopper tank and just to have the solid pick up (supply) line end in the center of the tank without any tubing or clunk at all.
Thanks,
Bob
Old 01-21-2008, 11:07 PM
Troy Newman

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: DZ Foam Clunk

When running the hopper tank, I always ran a foam clunk in both tanks. Now I don't run that hopper, its not needed.

Just a use a really flexible fuel line for the pickup in the tank. The clunk needs to flop around and come forward, back and all around. I use the Sullivan 1/2A fuel tubing and have not ran a hopper tank in about 15months. Its just not needed.

I got the trick for the fuel tubing from the heli guys they are using a foam clunk now on the 3D machines. They call it the Fuel Magnet. Its the same thing. A really flexible line allows the clunk to stay in the fuel all the time and it runs bone dry every single time. If it burps its out. Hold the model nose down and the clunk runs to the front and I mean falls directly to the front. Never had a problem...it doesn't tie in a knot, doesn't get stuck....but you have to use the really flexible fuel tubing.

Oh and it saves the extra weight of that 2oz of tank, and it saves the weight of 2-3oz of fuel in that tank.

Troy Newman
Team YS