Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

OS61FX vs OS91FS

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 10:53 PM
budgetdude
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OS61FX vs OS91FS

Guys, which do you think is going to power a 10 pound pattern plane better? I know the answer is niether but I have an old plane that is a tank that I want to get going and I am trying to find the most performance for the buck. I know a YS110 might be the best for it but I dont want to drop the coin on this airplane.
Old 04-29-2008, 03:38 AM
dhal22

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: OS61FX vs OS91FS

i own a 9 lb ultrasport that has an OS 61 RF on it. that is the upper limits of weight for a 61 in my opinion, unless you are going to put it on a cub or something. i don't fly a lot of 4 strokes, so no opinion there.

david
Old 04-29-2008, 05:37 AM
cmoulder

ORIGINAL: budgetdude

Guys, which do you think is going to power a 10 pound pattern plane better? I know the answer is niether but I have an old plane that is a tank that I want to get going and I am trying to find the most performance for the buck. I know a YS110 might be the best for it but I dont want to drop the coin on this airplane.
If you want to fly pattern, neither of them will work. For sport flying, the .91FS might work but it might also be difficult to take off from a grass strip.

If you really want to fly pattern you're going to need something like a 1.40-1.60 2C if this is a 2-meter pattern plane.

A good, honkin' budget pattern plane would be a GP Venus II with a 1.20AX. Plenty of precision and power for any maneuver you can dream up.
Old 04-29-2008, 07:42 AM
flywilly
My Feedback: (121)

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Considering the price of the 91FS, and the weight of the plane, maybe an OS 1.20AX would be a good choice. The physical dimensions of the engine are small enough to squeeze into the Ultra Sport (I think - you can get the dimensions from the Tower web site). Great running engine. I ran one in an Explorer V90 and was very happy.
Good luck,
Will
Old 05-01-2008, 12:40 AM
budgetdude
My Feedback: (6)

Thanks for the info guys!!