Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pattern Universe - RC Pattern Flying > RC Pattern Flying
Reload this Page >

*Aquila by Northeast Aerodynamics*

Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

*Aquila by Northeast Aerodynamics*

Old 08-19-2015, 11:50 AM
RCBruski65
My Feedback: (44)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can not remember the throws I used, but if you go with the same throws you used on your Venus II I bet you would be pretty close.
Old 08-19-2015, 12:36 PM
RC_Fanatic
My Feedback: (1)

Originally Posted by RCBruski65
I can not remember the throws I used, but if you go with the same throws you used on your Venus II I bet you would be pretty close.
Thanks, Probably a good starting point. I wonder about the servos. Both the Focus Sport and Venus II flew well on Hitec 5485HB digitals but the Aquila seems to have slightly larger surfaces. I'm good at throttle management, especially on downlines, and have managed to keep previous planes flutter free.
Old 08-20-2015, 07:59 AM
d_bodary
My Feedback: (85)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I run a futaba 9405 on rudder and JR 8101 on elevator and aileron. I went electrc so no throttle servo. My Aquila came with aluminum wing and stab tubes. i upgraded to a carbon fiber wing tube. kept the aluminum stab tube and the weight was the same as the carbon fiber tube.
Old 08-20-2015, 11:50 AM
RC_Fanatic
My Feedback: (1)

Thanks. That will help make a choice of servos. I lean towards Hitec as, even though 90% of my servos are Hitec, I've never had one fail. Two of the four 3151's (?) that came with my radio failed within a year. One was erratic and the other would not maintain centering. Two of the JR's that came with the Venus became slow and would not track. Fortunately none of the failures were catastrophic and showed up in preflight or by odd behavior in the air. Our local guru, however, lost two planes to catastrophic Hitec servo failures. You never know!