Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Extreme Flight Vanquish 2M?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 12:49 PM
hezik

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Extreme Flight Vanquish 2M?

Eh.. from the 3 contest I've flown, I beat you in two.. so it's 2-1 for me. Only reason you won one, is because I wasn't well that day..

But the E-Evolution doesn't fly bad. The WindS does fly better tho.
Old 10-25-2009, 06:25 AM
Straight Up

I really like my original 47" Vanquish. I'm on my second one due to wiping out the first when I failed to charge my Tx battery . It is much easier to control this plane's speed than other pattern planes I've flown, and it flies extremely locked-in. Okay, there was some coupling, but this was easily dialed-out. The only other change I made was to move the CG further back until I didn't need any down-elevator when inverted. The resulting plane flatters my abilities. It goes exactly where it is pointed, and has no nasty habits. The maoeuvres look so smooth - far better than any of my other planes, which include a Hyperion Helios. When I first got the Helios I was happy with it, until I flew the Vanquish again and realised just how much better the Vanquish is. I can't wait for the new 30-sized and 2m versions of the Vanquish to come out. The colour schemes look fine to me. BRING IT ON, EXTREME FLIGHT!
Old 10-26-2009, 02:15 PM
papaone

Received 130 Likes on 72 Posts

Hi

Please have you some informations about flights and delivery times of this plane ?
A+
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki18922.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	160.3 KB
ID:	1302401   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gb90164.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	1302402  
Old 10-26-2009, 06:55 PM
DLEVETT
My Feedback: (13)

I love that colour scheme!

Dave
Old 10-31-2009, 07:05 AM
318scott
My Feedback: (1)

Hi,
Does any one know what color the underside is or will be.

Thanks Scott
Old 10-31-2009, 08:49 AM
Ryan Smith
My Feedback: (25)

The yellow airplane has red and yellow checks on the bottom. Similar to Andrew Jesky's bottom colors.
Old 11-11-2009, 10:09 AM
F.Imbriaco
My Feedback: (56)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Anyone know more about the estimated time of arrival ? Nothing new on the Extreme Flight website and a phone call has been unanswered.

"Around Xmas "was the word- we'll have to see.
Old 11-11-2009, 01:35 PM
exeter_acres
My Feedback: (2)

Sorry if I missed your call.. I don't remember a message.

Drop me a quick email at [email protected] and I can send you all the information that we have...

Curtis
Old 12-02-2009, 08:50 AM
jpe

When'll the glow version be available? Hopefully before May or then it'll not be my next season backup plane.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:01 AM
318scott
My Feedback: (1)

Hi
Does any one know when the new 48" Vanquish will be out?

Thanks Scott
Old 12-02-2009, 03:07 PM
Vyciukas3045

From wikipedia:
2M Vanquish - is a legendary inexpensive F3A model that was never mass produced.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:42 PM
rcpattern
My Feedback: (45)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Vyciukas3045

From wikipedia:
2M Vanquish - is a legendary inexpensive F3A model that was never mass produced.

Not really sure that is a fair statement to make since the prototypes have only been around for a couple of months. I'm sure the plane will hit the market and will be an excellent plane, but sometimes getting things manufactured overseas can take time. It might spend weeks in customs once they do arrive. I'm not sure after 3 months of hearing about it is really all that fair to say it wont be produced. I remember people waiting that long between runs of the Focus series of planes.

Arch
Old 12-02-2009, 05:14 PM
hezik

[..]
Old 12-02-2009, 06:04 PM
Ryan Smith

Extreme Flight has never been blisteringly fast releasing new airplanes. But, I've not heard of any quality issues or issues relating to poor flying characteristics either. I'd take a little extra time before release than to have to pore through inumerable threads saying how something is junk. Also, Extreme Flight is not a large company. I think there are three or four employees there, including Chris Hinson. They don't have the backing and personnel that some of your major companies have, like Horizon, Great Planes, Composite-ARF, etc.

I think this airplane will be a staple at pattern contests for a long time to come.
Old 12-02-2009, 06:53 PM
kochj

ORIGINAL: Ryan Smith

I think this airplane will be a staple at pattern contests for a long time to come.

I may, but not if the Gov. body decides to Update there very old set of rules!.....
Getting them to let go of the 2M size, and weight would open pattern up to a whole SLEW of options.....

The planes would fly better, be easier to see, and WOULD ACTUALLy give a guy the
option to use a inexspensive gasoline running engine!!!...
WOW... What a CONCEPT!!
No wonder they are considered to be a DEAD class by many....
jrSPA anyone??
Old 12-02-2009, 06:59 PM
rcpattern

ORIGINAL: kochj

I may, but not if the Gov. body decides to Update there very old set of rules!.....
Getting them to let go of the 2M size, and weight would open pattern up to a whole SLEW of options.....

The planes would fly better, be easier to see, and WOULD ACTUALLy give a guy the
option to use a inexspensive gasoline running engine!!!...
WOW... What a CONCEPT!!
No wonder they are considered to be a DEAD class by many....
jrSPA anyone??

Sounds like what IMAC is, but their costs certainly arent cheap. Getting rid of the weight limit wont lower costs. But that is for another discussion, which has been had many times,

Arch
Old 12-02-2009, 07:28 PM
dhal22

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Extreme Flight has never been blisteringly fast releasing new airplanes. But, I've not heard of any quality issues or issues relating to poor flying characteristics either. I'd take a little extra time before release than to have to pore through inumerable threads saying how something is junk. Also, Extreme Flight is not a large company. I think there are three or four employees there, including Chris Hinson. They don't have the backing and personnel that some of your major companies have, like Horizon, Great Planes, Composite-ARF, etc.

Extreme Flight is right up the street from me. Many of our club members fly EF planes and love them, if not Chris (a club member) would certainly hear about it.. i would say the Vanquish is worth waiting for.
Old 12-02-2009, 08:34 PM
cdodom

ORIGINAL: Vyciukas3045

From wikipedia:
Don't tell me you could actually trust Wikipedia...that site is banned at most colleges for how much false information is released from it. lol
Old 12-02-2009, 09:41 PM
Ryan Smith

Chris,

Since you believed that was an actual entry on Wikipedia, I've got a bridge I would like to sell. You interested?
Old 12-02-2009, 10:31 PM
cdodom

Ryan,

hahaha. I just thought if that statement could come from anywhere it would be from wikipedia...lol
Old 12-02-2009, 11:29 PM
kochj

ORIGINAL: rcpattern

Sounds like what IMAC is, but their costs certainly arent cheap. Getting rid of the weight limit wont lower costs. But that is for another discussion, which has been had many times,

Arch
I think I came off harsh and ill informed but I really don't understand how one can pick up a 100" WS plane that is phenominal for 800-1000$... but
a increase of 5-8" from 2Meters is going to increase a already ubserd price for a patern plane??

I wouldn't say "get rid" of a weight limit, but I question it's current limit...
I would think that the limit imposed currently and at the WS limit, causes a major decline in manufactures producing pattern planes
or even attemp to do one....

Can you really justify spending 2000$ for a pattern plane vrs. spending 500$ for a 35-40cc EF 78"extra all do to its complexity
of build?
I think it is the supply vrs demand, that sets the cost. VRs. the labor of building a IMAC plane vrs. a Pattern plane...

Perhaps I am wayy off...

Let the pattern flyers run there 2M aircrafts and also, the larger planes ??

Otherwise, there will NEVER be enough demand for a Manufacture to try to make a Competitive GAS engine
with the current rules in place....

Change is BAD right??
Old 12-03-2009, 02:16 AM
jpe

I've had couple of smaller EF planes also and i really liked them a lot and that's why i'm still waiting. But next season is coming rapidly, so if the new Vanquish is even near ready for mass production and it makes the weight limit easily already, just release version 1 of it soon please.

Weight limit removal would mean that F3A would be even more electric class and gas would be more out of the question. But let's keep this thread related to hopefully upcoming 2 meter Vanquish.
Old 12-03-2009, 02:27 AM
Rendegade

I wonder if the GP version will suit a 140, or is the YS the order of the day.
Old 12-03-2009, 07:39 AM
rcpattern

I'm sure a 1.40 will work, but it is a large airframe designed more around the 1.60/1.70 glow motors,

Arch
Old 12-03-2009, 12:19 PM
hezik

[..]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.