Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

YS Engines

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 05:28 AM
Mike2735
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default YS Engines

Hello Everyone!

I have been flying a few years and have never had any experience with these engines. I hear that they are very powerful for their size. I am planning on buying a Pattern plane very soon. I recently had the pleasure of seeing one of these beauties in action. I have read alot of info in this forum and it seems that the YS engines are very popular with pattern planes. I am looking into a 60 size SPOT ON or possibly a LEO 110.

Can someone help steer me in the right direction with this. I need to know which plane would be better to start with and which engine would work best. I know the LEO is a little on the heavy size and was wondering in a YS110 would fly it with authority or just barely carry it around the sky? Also would the YS63 do the same for the SPOT ON?

I am from the 3D world and I like to have extra power when flying. And from reading the info in here it seems that pattern planes need alot of reserve power as well.

I just want the best chance for success on the first try with a new pattern plane.

Thanks.

Old 09-18-2008, 05:35 AM
jetmech43
My Feedback: (9)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: YS Engines

look at the focus sport and the ys 110
Old 09-18-2008, 06:26 AM
Timbba

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

63 would be the perfect engine for Spot On 50...
Old 09-18-2008, 06:59 AM
petec
My Feedback: (58)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have to agree with both posts.

The Focus Sport would probably be a better choice than the Leo 110. The Focus can be had either ARC or ARF for less than $300 so it isn't much more than the Leo and there is the build thread here on RCU so you can get any setup questions answered.

As for the Spot On 50; the ys 63 should be a great match.
Old 09-18-2008, 07:47 PM
Captin1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi

I just getting into pattern with a Leo 110 and a YS 110
the Plane came the tuesday WoW !! the box was big
when I opened it the plane was neatly packed and put into bags every thing was in bags
every thing so far is great
can't wait to fly it