Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Throws for my Passport

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 06:18 PM
1bwana1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throws for my Passport

OK, it looks like my electric powered Passport will maiden tomorrow. I am very familiar with setting up my 40% IMAC planes for both precision and 3D, but this is my first pattern plane. I'm looking for suggested starting points for my throws. I will be using my JR-9303 2.4 radio, so I would like to take advantage of the three flight modes as I do on all my other planes. I will probably be flying in Advanaced if that makes a difference. I will use a digital throw meter to set the rates so I would prefer the values in degrees, and will have low, medium, and high rates. I realize I will end up modifying the rates to suit my flying style, so I am looking for starting values. Also, which of your recommendations do you use for snaps, hammers, rollers and other specific maneuvers. Those with experience with Passports are of particular interest, but all suggestions are appreciated!

I'm very excited to fly the plane, thanks for all of your help!
Old 11-22-2008, 08:51 PM
vbortone
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Throws for my Passport

In Abbras I am using the following:

Normal fly: Ailerons +/- 10 Elevator +/-8 Rudder about 35

Spins aileron reduced to +/- 6 Elevator +/- 15 Rudder all I can get around +/- 45

I suggest that you read the following article:

http://www.centralhobbies.com/instru...s1/link01.html

I am sure that other pilots using this plane will help you. I fly Masters.

Vicente "Vince" Bortone
Old 11-24-2008, 10:53 AM
1bwana1

Vince,
Thanks for the response. Compared to my giant scale planes these throws seemed really small so I set it up a little hotter than your numbers. I flew the plane yesterday and immediately realized that in order to be smooth, I had to dial my throws down. I'm betting I ended up very close to your numbers, except on the rudder which is now probably even less than your numbers. I'm going to have to learn to stay off the rudder and elevator during rolls. I have a lot to learn about flying pattern planes.
Old 11-24-2008, 10:59 AM
vbortone
My Feedback: (2)

Good that your new plane is flying great. Did you read a report from Chip regarding the passport rudder? It appears that the rudder is very effective so it make sense that you need a lot less than average.

Good luck,

Vince