Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pattern Universe - RC Pattern Flying > RC Pattern Flying
Reload this Page >

Futaba 2.4GHz TM14 Module US vs Asia

Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Futaba 2.4GHz TM14 Module US vs Asia

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 10:03 AM
Nickolas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 2.4GHz TM14 Module US vs Asia

Hi,

Since some of you guys fly Futaba FAAST in 2.4GHz, I would like to ask whether there is a difference between the TM-14 module in power transmitted between the US and Asian (China, Japan, Hong Kong) version. Some of you may have experience from international F3A events on this.

I read somewhere that the TX power of the US version is 100 mW, what is the power of the Asian (Japan, China, Hong Kong) version?

Also are the TRXs and modules region coded? If I get a TRX from Asia will I able to use a module from US and the reverse? Also if I get the Asian version would I be able to use receivers coming from the US and reverse?

Also what is the quantisation resolution this module can support, 1024 or 2048 bits?

Is there any difference in response time when the TM14 module is used on 14MZ, 12Z or 12FG? What is the fastest combination really?

I fly JR since 1992 but decided to move into Futaba as I like some of their features specially for pattern flying. I am in a dillema whether I should go for the US or the Asian version, please help if you can.

Thanks very much in advance,

Nikos
Old 01-12-2009, 11:10 AM
Buka

Default RE: Futaba 2.4GHz TM14 Module US vs Asia

Hi Niko!

Its Alex from Russia we met in Italy at the european championships.
i have done some research and found that the power out put is the same for all countries except france. Germany also used to have a law that prohibited 2.4 ghz stronger than 50mW/ however this has been delt with as far as i know. as far as the resolution goes you get 2048 resolution on the 6014 and 608 receivers the rest are 1024. the latancy will be the same on all 3 radios, they use the same module so the signal is identical. loads of peaople are using futabas 2.4. i am also being catious and am experementing now with a sebart katana, it seems to work fine.

the region coded moduels is a nightmare if you ask me. so u wond be able to use a radio from japan with a US module. however you can change ther region of the controller if its a 14 or a 12Z. receivers are not region locked though you can use a receiver from anywhere it will bind just fine.

if i were you i would get the 12Z. it has all the same features are the 14 unlike the 12FG which has beed cut down a bit. along with this the 12Z doesnt have the useless coulour touch screen, all it does is go uber dark in the sunlight so you cant see the timer, eat your battery super fast and get nerve racking when it doesnt respond when you press a button. 12Z's display it much better its huge and has the same exact interface as the 14.

that about covers it
good luck
Old 01-12-2009, 02:40 PM
Nickolas

Default RE: Futaba 2.4GHz TM14 Module US vs Asia

Hi Alex (Syomin) ,

How are you? Thanks for the answer, your answer plus some research I did made things a bit more clear. However if we want to be 100% legal we have to conform with the European regulations, this the reason why I think of purchasing a system from Europe. I have the option to get a system imported from the Asian region but I am a bit reluctant. I will see, you are right about the 12Z I like this Trx very much is a bit smaller than the 14MZ and has better feel. Main reason of getting one is flight conditions it has plenty + 2048 resolution +....many other things.

Hope to meet and fly at some point in Greece, please let me know when you come here, PM me to send you my contact details.

Best regards,
Nikos