Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Blue head Hanno

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 08:43 AM
grcourtney
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Blue head Hanno

what prop and what rpm are you or have you gotten from this engine also what nitro content?

thanks gary
Old 02-27-2009, 10:32 AM
nitrobill65
My Feedback: (68)

here are a few more pics. excuse the mess of my shop(coffee cups) ETC.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp42391.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	1146068   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig11101.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	1146069   Click image for larger version

Name:	Om33453.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	1146070   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd90814.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	1146071   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf98010.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	1146072   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv63622.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	1146073   Click image for larger version

Name:	Om33162.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	1146074   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk25834.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	1146075  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr50508.jpg
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	1146076  
Old 02-27-2009, 10:42 AM
nitrobill65

after getting this engine , i changed the bearings .then i ran the engine to see if the carb and pump were ok.the only prop i used was a 13x8 apc. it turned 11300. i should have tried props to load the engine down in the 9700 to 10200 RPM range.i will have to do this in the future as i am pretty confident my wife will win the bid, even if it costs me the f,in fees.
Old 02-27-2009, 10:45 AM
nitrobill65

also, i did not tune the header length and i did not use the hattori pipe i used a MACS quiet pipe to think about it.
Old 02-27-2009, 12:38 PM
ScottMcM
My Feedback: (66)

ORIGINAL: nitrobill65

after getting this engine , i changed the bearings .then i ran the engine to see if the carb and pump were ok.the only prop i used was a 13x8 apc. it turned 11300. i should have tried props to load the engine down in the 9700 to 10200 RPM range.i will have to do this in the future as i am pretty confident my wife will win the bid, even if it costs me the f,in fees.
If your wife is bidding, it is called shill bidding, and it is against ebay rules! It will get you kicked off ebay very quickly. If this is what you're doing, then you need to cancel all of the bids and pull the item from auction. If it isn't selling high enough, then you should have started it at a higher opening bid, or you should have placed a reserve on it.
Old 02-27-2009, 01:00 PM
Roguedog

roguedog if you shave the head down 2 mm you change the squiss band of the comustion chamber. this could cause pre-detonation and a host of other problems. and as far as your article i glanced at it and got the jest of it.and with out using the shorter fsr rod u would have to use a end mill to make the head less than flush to the top of the liner.because with the longer hanno rod the piston comes flush to the top of the sleeve. hence shaving the head along does not work. and i have measured the ID of the sleeve and it is in dead 24 mm.locking at the sleeve how ever it does remind me of say rossi or picco. but if you look at the picture of the top of the sleeve yousee that there is an accurate key way to guide and hold the cylinder and ports in proper alignment.has rossi copied OS in it,s manufacture of engines.anyways roguedog have you ever even eaten in canada.
nitrobill65. I agree. Here's what I'm thinking. If the bore is 24mm and from the pic of the blue head it looks as if it has the standard protrusion into the liner, maybe someone put a VF/FSR crank in it. From what you've said so far the only way I can think that your engine is a .67ci, is if it's using the long stroke crank and is using a custom conrod, otherwise you have a VF/FSR crank in there. Here's a few pics of the 3 different cranks. Which one you got? You could possibly have a custom crank as well.
Oh ya. I only eat Amercan food. hehe

Bryan
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zw69405.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	215.4 KB
ID:	1146140   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg15676.jpg
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	1146141   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gl20020.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	102.4 KB
ID:	1146142  
Old 02-27-2009, 01:47 PM
ScottMcM

ORIGINAL: ScottMcM

Heees Baaack! http://cgi.ebay.com/OS-HANNO-SPECIAL...1%7C240%3A1318

With a little better description this time.
Now it's gone again...geez, I'm getting seasick[:'(]
Old 02-27-2009, 01:52 PM
ScottMcM

well maybe i am a little bit crabby. but at the same time i do not screw people. and if i had any idea that something i was selling was going to be a problem for someone , i would not sell it.
You say you do not screw people, but you have your wife bid on your item?? What do you call that??
Old 02-27-2009, 02:12 PM
nitrobill65

i had my wife bid 500 $ on it so it would not sell. because i am new to ebay and do not see an option to end the listing . have asked ebay 3days ago no answer.asked you guys if you could tell me.so now today all 10 of my engine listed were removed.so you guys will not have to woory about wheather this is a hanno or not. And roguedog assemble what your talking about.i am using rf case rf crank sr rod fsr sleeve.
Old 02-27-2009, 02:21 PM
nitrobill65

sorry i thought you where talking about the vf conversion. the hanno is the 24 mm stroke crank and hanno stock rod and 24 mm piston which certainly seems to have been specially made for this engine. I will post an engine test in the next couple of weeks weather permitting.this is a cold winter , have seen -47 with out the wind chill.i have quite a few 13 13.5 14.4 APC props to test.so you guys have a good one.
Old 02-27-2009, 02:34 PM
nitrobill65

and the reason i decided not to sell the engine was because you guys where basically accusing me of trying to sell an abortion. So as not to take a chance in pissing one of you guys off with having this blue headed none stainless bearinged beast in your hands. I did not have my wife bid to up the sale price. Do you think some one was going to bid more than 500$ for it. THe best part of this experience is i am now using two fingers to type. If any of you guys go to toledo in april i will bring the engine for you to look at.
Old 02-27-2009, 03:05 PM
ScottMcM

i had my wife bid 500 $ on it so it would not sell. because i am new to ebay and do not see an option to end the listing . have asked ebay 3days ago no answer.asked you guys if you could tell me.so now today all 10 of my engine listed were removed.so you guys will not have to woory about wheather this is a hanno or not. And roguedog assemble what your talking about.i am using rf case rf crank sr rod fsr sleeve.
If you don't know how to end an auction early, then who ended the first auction, if not you? This is the second time you listed this engine. I know it ended early the first time, because I had it on my watch list. Someone ended it early, and I don't think ebay did...
Old 02-27-2009, 04:12 PM
dhal22

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

too bad, there can be a lot learned here. hate to see the listing and ongoing conversation disappear.
Old 02-27-2009, 04:25 PM
ScottMcM

ORIGINAL: dhal22

too bad, there can be a lot learned here. hate to see the listing and ongoing conversation disappear.
Seems we have pretty much wasted our time, at least I feel like I have. I had a genuine interest in the engine, and had planned to bid....on both listings. I guess that's why it ticked me off like it did to hear that he had his wife bidding. It's sort of like he said earlier...something about being like NASCAR, and not being illegal unless you get caught...well...looks like he got caught.[sm=cry_smile.gif]
Old 02-27-2009, 04:32 PM
dhal22

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

it has been a strange situation.
Old 02-27-2009, 04:47 PM
ScottMcM

Yes it has, but I'm still glad I started this thread. There has been a world of info shared in this thread over the last few days....and, after all, that's what its all about, isn't it?
Old 02-27-2009, 05:34 PM
nitrobill65

dear scott. the first auction was ended by ebay. i used not ys saito enya. Ebay does not allow the use of more than one manufactures name at time. this confuses buyers i am told.
Old 02-27-2009, 05:52 PM
nitrobill65

and once again ROGUEDOG is how shall i say, more right than me.i was at my shop and took the rf with the rfn piston fsr sleeve apart. i took out the 1/16 inch of shim i had under the lip of the sleeve. know the ports do line up perfect. the piston is still below the exhaust port at BDC BY SAY 30 TO 45 THOU. I LOOKED HI AND LOW AND FOUND 5 24 MM. HEAD GASKETS. AND THIS ALLOWS FOR THE PISTON NOT TO HIT THE HEAD.BUT I AM SURE I AM GOING TO HAVE PROBLEMS WITH TO MUCH COMPRESSION .I WILL HAVE TO PLAY WITH ADDITIONAL HEAD GASKETS I AM SURE. TO CURE THE EXHAUST PORT LIP PROBLEM I THINK MAYBE I WILL ANGLE THE LIP DOWN INSTEAD OF LOWERING THE PORT THE TOTAL 30 TO 45 THOU. OR MAYBE I AM WORRIED ABOUT NOTHING. WHAT DO U THINK
Old 02-27-2009, 05:57 PM
nitrobill65

EH AND IF THE HANNO OR RF (LONGER ROD) IS USED IN THIS CONVERSION THE PISTON SITS ABOVE THE EXHAUST PORT BY 1/16 OF AN INCH. MAYBE THERE IS A ROD I DO NOT KNOW OF THAT WILL SAVE ME A LOT OF FILING.
Old 02-27-2009, 05:58 PM
nitrobill65

SO SCOTT HOW DOES ONE END AN AUCTION EARLY.
Old 02-27-2009, 06:14 PM
ScottMcM

SO SCOTT HOW DOES ONE END AN AUCTION EARLY.
To start with TURN OFF THE CAPS! Next, there is a "help" tab at the top right of your "My Ebay" screen. Click on it. Type in "cancel bids" , and follow the links/instructions. After the bids are cancelled, do the same with "End Auction Early". Its pretty simple, really. Oh, and by the way, even if you didn't end the first auction early, I still don't buy the story about the bidding. I checked your listing (before it was cancelled), and if your wife was the high bidder, she had also bid once earlier. She was outbid by someone, and then bid again. It looks an awful lot to me like she was edging the bids up. It must have looked the same to ebay, or they would not have cancelled your listing. Anything else you want to know?
Old 02-27-2009, 06:26 PM
nitrobill65

dear scott, i told here to bid 350 so she did . then i thought to be sure i would retain the engine i told her to raise the bid to 500. she was never out bid and the time line was 30 seconds between. u see if i had planned to up the bid this way do u think i would have told you that i was doing it. and especially when i said i was going to keep the engine this way .even if i had to pay fees to ebay. go back and read more carefully before u make accusations .
Old 02-27-2009, 06:30 PM
Roguedog

I would think that if the piston is going below the exhaust port it would provide a better intake charge. I do know that if the top of the exhaust port is lowered it will give you higher compression, which could lead to pre-ignition, if using high content nitro. In the Hanno article Clarence talked about how they raised the exhaust port .027 in thereby lowering the compression. From what I could observe from your pictures of the blue head there seemed to be carbon build up in the combustion area which is a good thing e.g. no pre-ignition.

I don't think it's nessesarily a problem usless the compression was raised then the issue with high compression, high nitro content causing pre-ignition to occur. As an general example if your using a blower or turbo to force an air-fuel charge into an engine, normally you lower the compression ratio to avoid pre-ignition. Using a naturally aspirated engine (carb only) you can use pop-up pistons but only with a higher octane fuel.

Bryan
Old 02-27-2009, 06:41 PM
nitrobill65

OKAY ,FIRST OFF WE HAVE TWO ENGINES HERE ONE THE BLUE HANNO AND AN RF WITH A FSR SLEEVE SR ROD AND A RFN PISTON. THIS DISCUSSION IS NOT ABOUT THE HANNO. THE HEAD I AM USING ON THE RF IS A GOLD FSR SPECIAL HEAD. ANY WAYS I HAVE TAKE THE FAMILY FOR DINNER WILL CHAT LATER.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:56 PM
ScottMcM

dear scott, i told here to bid 350 so she did . then i thought to be sure i would retain the engine i told her to raise the bid to 500. she was never out bid and the time line was 30 seconds between. u see if i had planned to up the bid this way do u think i would have told you that i was doing it. and especially when i said i was going to keep the engine this way .even if i had to pay fees to ebay. go back and read more carefully before u make accusations .
Dear bill, why don't we just agree to disagree. We're not ever going to see eye to eye on this one. I have wasted enough of my time watching your auction, and I would have been wasting it more had I bid. I am done. Bottom line...you violated ebay rules, for whatever the reason, got caught, and had your listings pulled. You seem to me like a very intelligent person, judging from the technical info in your posts. It bewilders me that you were unable to do something as simple as end an auction. As I said, I am done. If I have offended you....well then, we're even, because you have also offended me. To all you other guys, forgive me. This has gone way too far, and I am partially to blame. I am staying out of it from now on, so please go ahead and discuss the technical aspects of the blue headed Hanno.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.