Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pattern Universe - RC Pattern Flying > RC Pattern Flying
Reload this Page >

Graupner servoes - any experience in pattern plane?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Graupner servoes - any experience in pattern plane?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 07:06 AM
Ekvien

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Graupner servoes - any experience in pattern plane?

I am putting together an Onyx 140 from Protech and consider to use Graupner servoes all around. I have thinking about DS 8081 for ailrons, DS 8231 for elevator and DS 8311 for rudder. Could this be a good choise - using a OS 140RX as an engine and 6V regulated lipos as rx batteries.

I know there a lot of JR and Futaba fans out there but why not use another brand?
Old 03-08-2009, 07:29 AM
David Bathe

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Graupner servoes - any experience in pattern plane?

I'm under the direct impression the Grauper radio is essentially JR.
I've got Grauper servos and they've been excellent.
Old 03-08-2009, 07:33 AM
oisf3a

Hi Espen

Note that Graupner servos are actually made by JR.... The type number are not the same but the servos themselves are more or less identical.
I have used DS8081 several times with good results. The do not have coreless motors and are a little less accurate than e.g 8411 / 8231 and so on.
However, the carbonite gear train is very wear resistant and makes the servo well suited for aileron use. This is a major advantage when using a vibrating four stroke.

I would say they are good vaule for money but not quite as good as the coreless versions.

regards
Oistein

Old 03-08-2009, 07:43 AM
joenella

I don't know Graupner servo's , I use some SAVÖX SC1257 all around my plane, they are blistering fast, precision speachless, centering without any comparision. Price and weight is very good
Old 03-09-2009, 12:38 PM
Ekvien

Thank you folks for your comments. As soon as i will return from hollidays in Thailand i will visit Thorbjoern and Kaare and get them. The competition season is very close so it is a bit hurry to finnish the model.
Old 03-09-2009, 03:39 PM
Jon Wold

Espen, I have an 8311 in my Laser and I'm happy with it. I also have 8077, 5391, 8231 and 8301. (JR)

The 5391 is enough in my opinion. A budget setup can be 8077's on ailerons and throttle and 5391s on elevator and rudder.
If you want to spend more you can use 5391s in wings and 8311 in fuse. In my opinion the 5391 is great value compared to the pricey 8311 so if I needed more I'd go for 8411 to get all metal gears. But it's at least 1200,- NOK pr item. I never needed such power for my flying. Sealing the hinge gap though... that's free. Oh one of these days...!

PS - the new Laser has all Hitec servos. Twice the specs and half the price. But I'll never be able to tell the difference. I just fell for the powerful-looking Hitec rudder horns. They make JR/Graupner look cheap
Old 03-09-2009, 10:29 PM
Ekvien

Hi Jon,
I was considering Hitec servoes. Had used them mostly on sport planes and they had never leaved me in trouble. But with very few references in the pattern world and the few that had experiences mostly has ben unsatisfied with them. But in the other hand - this plane will be used for the sport class this year even if i intend to fly the intermediate (nordic) programme outside the competitions this season - maybe the debut in nordic will be chivas cup in september. So therefore the top line servoes is not needed right now.

Old 03-10-2009, 12:57 PM
Henning

Espen:

Drop me a PM at [email protected] if you are interested in buying second hand Futaba digitals.

Regards,
Henning
Old 03-10-2009, 04:11 PM
Rune

ORIGINAL: Ekvien

Thank you folks for your comments. As soon as i will return from hollidays in Thailand i will visit Thorbjoern and Kaare and get them. The competition season is very close so it is a bit hurry to finnish the model.
hmmmmmm competiton season is close...... I was down in my workshop last night....maybe time to complet my new Integral...I have just been looking at the snow and no flying this winter.
My old Integral is resting in the workshop and is ready for action .
Old 03-11-2009, 01:06 AM
Ekvien

Not been able to fly since beginning of January, bad weather and when the conditions is ok, something else occur. Fortuneately i have my Acro 50 ready for flying - flying great and enough power to do the nordic programme. But i miss the Venus II.
Old 03-15-2009, 01:59 AM
Ekvien

I get an offer i could not ressist - so it will be Futaba in rudder, throttle and elevator. Ordered Tahamizo servoes for ailrons from Singapore Hobby. Nice price and with specifications that indicate enough speed and power for a 140 size plane.