Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: New D3 Pattern Contest

Glad you are coming Bill. We are sure to have a great time.

Larry

Looking forward to hang'in out,...sounds like a good time.

Best Regards,

Bill Holsten
    Advantage Hobby & Fliton RC Field Rep./Duralite Batteries/Custom Airframes of America/Dragon Fire Customs/Guardian America.

Bill,
    Anyone else from your area coming to Lakeland? You flying Masters or FAI?
    Jon Lowe

Jon,

No one else that I am aware of,..We have the judging seminar tomorrow in the Charlotte area,..Lakeland next week and Mocksville,NC on May 2-3rd,..perhaps a bit busy for most. It's my 6 year old's B-day on the 24th,..so we are going to take her to Sea World on Friday morning. Then I will get a few flights in Friday evening or after noon. Everyone is welcome to join me after flying at the house on wheels for a cold refreshment and BS session.

I am flying FAI,...are we flying the F program on Sunday? Our Dist. dosen't do the F-programs,...errrrr!

Regards,

Bill Holsten

Advantage Hobby & Fliton RC Field Rep./Duralite Batteries/Custom Airframes of America/Dragon Fire Customs/Guardian America.

If Jason shows up, I know he will want to fly F. You better call and bug him to attend. Last I heard he was trying to move testing for Top Gun from the Lakeland weekend to another time so he could come. He probably needs some persuasion. You need to work on Woodward also to come up, as last I heard he was waffling about coming. Ron Ellis is another possibility, but he didn't show at Ocala.

I'm flying AT Masters; right now it is mastering me.
    Jon Lowe

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Guys, I have a business trip from Wednesday to Friday night next week. If I can come, I'll have to drive up early Saturday morning (almost 5 hours). We'll see. I still haven't flown my plane sine my Peru trip and I had to repair some damage from shipping (or customs inspection) from the trip home.
    Thanks,
    Jim
    Team Futaba, YS, Morgan Fuels

Jon,

I was told that Jason had Sun & Fun prior arrangements,..flying demo's or something. I asked about Jim and I think we was planning on a trip out of country,.....but wavering as you indicated.

Anyway,...we will have fun,...it's a no points issue for me anyway.

Regards,

Bill Holsten

Advantage Hobby & Fliton RC Field Rep./Duralite Batteries/Custom Airframes of America/Dragon Fire Customs/Guardian America

Jim,

That stinks about your plane getting damaged. I am also planning on going to the prattville contest also,....subject to change. Good luck with your trip,..........[8D]

Regards,

Bill Holsten

Advantage Hobby & Fliton RC Field Rep./Duralite Batteries/Custom Airframes of America/Dragon Fire Customs/Guardian America

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Bill,

Someone squeezed the heck out of the fuselage just behind the wing adjusters, as the internal strucutre was broken. There was an inspection notice in the crate. I also took the opportunity to install new servos sense the other had more than 100 flights on them (sent for new pots/gears). I'm going to try for some practice and trimming tomorrow. Also, my YS 170 came home with a badly bent needle valve (again from shipping), so I'll find out if the there was any other damage tomorrow too. I replaced the needle. Also, one wing tip has a depression hole in it now, on the top surface.
    Jim
    Team Futaba, YS, Morgan Fuels

Yah,...I know all about what happens during shipping,.......especially when it's not crated.[] Anyway,...hope the flying goes well,.....keep the inspection tag for next time and tape it to the crate,..maybe they they won't touch it,..........

Regards,

Bill Holsten

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: D3 Pattern Contest - Lakeland, FL

Well i seriously want to attend but im currently without any form of patternship...anyone have a spare they can possibly trust me with..lol..My last flight in all seriousness was the 6th round of the Tangerine Contest....But other than flying the Advanced pattern im confident that i can stilll land and take off a plane in one piece...atleast i think....lol.. Any help would be greatly appreciated..I already have taken off work for the whole weekend soo i most definitely want to be flying while i have my feedon from the workplace....Anyone....lol..I would most definitely appreciate it....

Blake Hilson

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well, for whatever it's worth, you are always welcome to fly the ho....she has a fresh 170 and is flying pretty good...

Just show up, you won't have to look hard for a plane dude.

-Mike
    Thanks to my sponsors over the years!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Sounds like a plan to me! SUWEEET!!! Ive been itching to fly some pattern for a while..Im really looking forward to it!

Thanks, Blake Hilson

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Done then [8D]

I'll be there Thursday evening, so come on by whenever you can get loose....

-Mike
    Thanks to my sponsors over the years!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

This is about a two hour drive for me. I consider it commuting distance.
    So I'm going to try to make it. Maybe Jim Woodward can struggle up and then FAI can play.

Pity us international travelers, JW and me. I just made it in from Thailand yesterday.

Then my question becomes which plane to fly. The Webra runs great once you do 10 minutes of hocus-pocus to get it started. I'd prefer the electric Element, but I only have two sets of batteries. Is there power at the field?

-Ron
    After 5PM slip brains through slot in door.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey Ron, unfortunately there is no electricity at the field. so the Webra powered airplane may be the way to go.

Chris Odom
    Team Black Magic
    Team Dragon Fire.
    CAA

Ron,..

I will have my Toyhauler with me at the field, you are welcome to charge. I have a built-in generator and and outside outlet in the front storage compartment. You are more than welcome to use it. Bring'em both then decide,..if you have room. I hope to have my Element 30 done so you guys can play with it,..it's EP.

Regards,

Bill Holsten

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

OH YEA !!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Gents:
    I am planning on going. Getting my old Viper and YS 140 out. Have not flown the Advanced pattern but will try anyway. Should be alot of fun.
    I'll be commuting as only about 1 hour drive for me.

Orlando

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

alright Now we have power to charge Foamie Batteries. Thanks Bill, lol

Chris Odom
    Team Black Magic
    Team Dragon fire
    CAA
    Chris Odom ;Custom Airframes of America ; Team Airtronics; Team Cool Power; Team YS Parts and Services

My pleasure guys,.............no biggie. Drinks will be promptly after flying under the canopy,...........something frost brewed,........

If Melissa needs a place to plug up the laptop for scoring your welcome to do so.[8D] I will have my very large hairy children with me (2 Great Pyrenese) they are very friendly. I will also have the wife and daughter with me (she turns 6 on the 24th,..so Bush Gardens is in the plans for Sunday and/or part of Monday?

I am planning on leaving about 2am on Friday so I can get there in the am. I decided not to travel on Thursday after work,..so see you guys Friday morning.

Regards,

Bill Holsten

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'll be there for sure, early Saturday morning, with sunglasses on! It appears Mike C. & Humberto P. will be making the trip, and from what I've been told, maybe even Marcio, from Atlanta. Good to know O.J. Frets is planning on getting involved again. The more the merrier.

Steve

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Since I'm in the land of Oz... I won't be there But good news is I'm competing in 2 contests while I'm here. We are done with the first day of the Nats and then 3 days break until the Masters contest starts. Gonna start a thread with some pics.
    Uncle JAS x 2
    Shulman Aviation
    jasonshangar.weebly.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Sorry to hear that Jason, you will be missed.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey Steve, i'll be there Thursday night. Hope all works out here. it's been very busy. We'll be practicing at RCACF on friday. Hope to see you there. I need some practice time.

See all of you on Saturday.

Marcio
    Marcio \" Braza\"

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast