Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pattern Universe - RC Pattern Flying > RC Pattern Flying
Reload this Page >

D3 Pattern Contest - Lakeland, FL

Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

D3 Pattern Contest - Lakeland, FL

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 11:44 PM
lodomjr
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New D3 Pattern Contest

Glad you are coming Bill. We are sure to have a great time.

Larry
Old 04-17-2009, 07:48 AM
AmericanSpectre505

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looking forward to hang'in out,...sounds like a good time.

Best Regards,

Bill Holsten
Advantage Hobby & Fliton RC Field Rep./Duralite Batteries/Custom Airframes of America/Dragon Fire Customs/Guardian America.
Old 04-17-2009, 07:53 AM
jonlowe
My Feedback: (12)

Bill,
Anyone else from your area coming to Lakeland? You flying Masters or FAI?
Old 04-17-2009, 08:04 AM
AmericanSpectre505

Jon,

No one else that I am aware of,..We have the judging seminar tomorrow in the Charlotte area,..Lakeland next week and Mocksville,NC on May 2-3rd,..perhaps a bit busy for most. It's my 6 year old's B-day on the 24th,..so we are going to take her to Sea World on Friday morning. Then I will get a few flights in Friday evening or after noon. Everyone is welcome to join me after flying at the house on wheels for a cold refreshment and BS session.

I am flying FAI,...are we flying the F program on Sunday? Our Dist. dosen't do the F-programs,...errrrr!

Regards,

Bill Holsten

Advantage Hobby & Fliton RC Field Rep./Duralite Batteries/Custom Airframes of America/Dragon Fire Customs/Guardian America.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:20 AM
jonlowe
My Feedback: (12)

If Jason shows up, I know he will want to fly F. You better call and bug him to attend. Last I heard he was trying to move testing for Top Gun from the Lakeland weekend to another time so he could come. He probably needs some persuasion. You need to work on Woodward also to come up, as last I heard he was waffling about coming. Ron Ellis is another possibility, but he didn't show at Ocala.

I'm flying AT Masters; right now it is mastering me.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:39 AM
jim woodward

Guys, I have a business trip from Wednesday to Friday night next week. If I can come, I'll have to drive up early Saturday morning (almost 5 hours). We'll see. I still haven't flown my plane sine my Peru trip and I had to repair some damage from shipping (or customs inspection) from the trip home.
Thanks,
Jim
Old 04-17-2009, 08:39 AM
AmericanSpectre505

Jon,

I was told that Jason had Sun & Fun prior arrangements,..flying demo's or something. I asked about Jim and I think we was planning on a trip out of country,.....but wavering as you indicated.

Anyway,...we will have fun,...it's a no points issue for me anyway.

Regards,

Bill Holsten

Advantage Hobby & Fliton RC Field Rep./Duralite Batteries/Custom Airframes of America/Dragon Fire Customs/Guardian America
Old 04-17-2009, 08:51 AM
AmericanSpectre505

Jim,

That stinks about your plane getting damaged. I am also planning on going to the prattville contest also,....subject to change. Good luck with your trip,..........[8D]

Regards,

Bill Holsten

Advantage Hobby & Fliton RC Field Rep./Duralite Batteries/Custom Airframes of America/Dragon Fire Customs/Guardian America
Old 04-17-2009, 08:57 AM
jim woodward

Hi Bill,

Someone squeezed the heck out of the fuselage just behind the wing adjusters, as the internal strucutre was broken. There was an inspection notice in the crate. I also took the opportunity to install new servos sense the other had more than 100 flights on them (sent for new pots/gears). I'm going to try for some practice and trimming tomorrow. Also, my YS 170 came home with a badly bent needle valve (again from shipping), so I'll find out if the there was any other damage tomorrow too. I replaced the needle. Also, one wing tip has a depression hole in it now, on the top surface.
Jim
Old 04-17-2009, 01:14 PM
AmericanSpectre505

Yah,...I know all about what happens during shipping,.......especially when it's not crated.[] Anyway,...hope the flying goes well,.....keep the inspection tag for next time and tape it to the crate,..maybe they they won't touch it,..........

Regards,

Bill Holsten

Old 04-18-2009, 02:30 AM
hilson87
My Feedback: (42)

Default RE: D3 Pattern Contest - Lakeland, FL

Well i seriously want to attend but im currently without any form of patternship...anyone have a spare they can possibly trust me with..lol..My last flight in all seriousness was the 6th round of the Tangerine Contest....But other than flying the Advanced pattern im confident that i can stilll land and take off a plane in one piece...atleast i think....lol.. Any help would be greatly appreciated..I already have taken off work for the whole weekend soo i most definitely want to be flying while i have my feedon from the workplace....Anyone....lol..I would most definitely appreciate it....

Blake Hilson
Old 04-18-2009, 10:19 AM
MHester
My Feedback: (1)

Well, for whatever it's worth, you are always welcome to fly the ho....she has a fresh 170 and is flying pretty good...

Just show up, you won't have to look hard for a plane dude.

-Mike
Old 04-18-2009, 01:28 PM
hilson87
My Feedback: (42)

Sounds like a plan to me! SUWEEET!!! Ive been itching to fly some pattern for a while..Im really looking forward to it!

Thanks, Blake Hilson
Old 04-18-2009, 01:37 PM
MHester
My Feedback: (1)

Done then [8D]

I'll be there Thursday evening, so come on by whenever you can get loose....

-Mike
Old 04-18-2009, 03:17 PM
grotto2
My Feedback: (2)

This is about a two hour drive for me. I consider it commuting distance.
So I'm going to try to make it. Maybe Jim Woodward can struggle up and then FAI can play.

Pity us international travelers, JW and me. I just made it in from Thailand yesterday.

Then my question becomes which plane to fly. The Webra runs great once you do 10 minutes of hocus-pocus to get it started. I'd prefer the electric Element, but I only have two sets of batteries. Is there power at the field?

-Ron
Old 04-18-2009, 03:49 PM
lodomjr
My Feedback: (6)

Hey Ron, unfortunately there is no electricity at the field. so the Webra powered airplane may be the way to go.

Chris Odom
Team Black Magic
Team Dragon Fire.
CAA
Old 04-18-2009, 03:58 PM
AmericanSpectre505

Ron,..

I will have my Toyhauler with me at the field, you are welcome to charge. I have a built-in generator and and outside outlet in the front storage compartment. You are more than welcome to use it. Bring'em both then decide,..if you have room. I hope to have my Element 30 done so you guys can play with it,..it's EP.

Regards,

Bill Holsten

Old 04-19-2009, 10:50 AM
handglider
My Feedback: (23)

OH YEA !!!!

Old 04-19-2009, 12:09 PM
crashlander
My Feedback: (10)

Gents:
I am planning on going. Getting my old Viper and YS 140 out. Have not flown the Advanced pattern but will try anyway. Should be alot of fun.
I'll be commuting as only about 1 hour drive for me.

Orlando
Old 04-19-2009, 03:42 PM
cdodom

alright Now we have power to charge Foamie Batteries. Thanks Bill, lol

Chris Odom
Team Black Magic
Team Dragon fire
CAA
Old 04-19-2009, 07:45 PM
AmericanSpectre505

My pleasure guys,.............no biggie. Drinks will be promptly after flying under the canopy,...........something frost brewed,........

If Melissa needs a place to plug up the laptop for scoring your welcome to do so.[8D] I will have my very large hairy children with me (2 Great Pyrenese) they are very friendly. I will also have the wife and daughter with me (she turns 6 on the 24th,..so Bush Gardens is in the plans for Sunday and/or part of Monday?

I am planning on leaving about 2am on Friday so I can get there in the am. I decided not to travel on Thursday after work,..so see you guys Friday morning.

Regards,

Bill Holsten

Old 04-20-2009, 07:20 AM
Planeclaims

I'll be there for sure, early Saturday morning, with sunglasses on! It appears Mike C. & Humberto P. will be making the trip, and from what I've been told, maybe even Marcio, from Atlanta. Good to know O.J. Frets is planning on getting involved again. The more the merrier.

Steve
Old 04-20-2009, 08:37 AM
JAS

Since I'm in the land of Oz... I won't be there But good news is I'm competing in 2 contests while I'm here. We are done with the first day of the Nats and then 3 days break until the Masters contest starts. Gonna start a thread with some pics.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:49 AM
handglider
My Feedback: (23)

Sorry to hear that Jason, you will be missed.
Old 04-20-2009, 12:46 PM
braza
My Feedback: (17)

Hey Steve, i'll be there Thursday night. Hope all works out here. it's been very busy. We'll be practicing at RCACF on friday. Hope to see you there. I need some practice time.

See all of you on Saturday.

Marcio

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.