Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: New D3 Pattern Contest

more
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ec87581.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	78.1 KB 
ID:	1188221   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kf12999.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	118.4 KB 
ID:	1188222   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Uz67592.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	118.3 KB 
ID:	1188223   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gz75947.jpg 
Size:	100.9 KB 
ID:	1188224   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Se45943.jpg 
Size:	115.7 KB 
ID:	1188225  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ar11078.jpg 
Size:	120.2 KB 
ID:	1188226   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ac64178.jpg 
Size:	116.0 KB 
ID:	1188227   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ih24318.jpg 
Size:	84.6 KB 
ID:	1188228   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ih74251.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	91.5 KB 
ID:	1188229   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Co71763.jpg 
Size:	85.5 KB 
ID:	1188230  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Qw91811.jpg 
Size:	115.3 KB 
ID:	1188231   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rc20299.jpg 
Size:	73.5 KB 
ID:	1188232  
    Team Futaba, YS, Morgan Fuels

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

great contest !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you missed this one you just plain missed out !!!!!!

thanks to larry and his fellow club members

gary

ps you to angel :-)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

A big second to what Gary said. Tom and I finally arrived back in
    Mississippi late Monday afternoon. A great event, and thanks to Larry,
    Chris, Mike and of course MS Melissa and all involved for their hardwork.
    What else could one do and have so much fun and fellowship and at the
    end have only driven 2,000 miles....Hope to see everybody again
    in Prattville, Doug "BOPOD" Harvel

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ab5yy/doug, I'm trying to get in touch with Tom Stennis. Mike Hester has my email address. Thanks___Everette

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'm looking for it Everette

BTW again my apologies to Blake. I was going to let him fly the plane and well....I think he would have been right in the mix with it. Blake is a good kid and is the current national champ after all...LOL

Ahh well. Oops?

-M

PS Hey BOPOD shoot me Stennis's email in a PM? or just shoot it straight to TNWalker. I was telling him how ballistic Tom's set up was. MAN that was strong!!!!!
    Thanks to my sponsors over the years!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey Guys,

Well after rolling up to the house at 3am this morning,.....up and at work by 0730 I am and feeling like I have a hang over.[&:] I had a great time and really enjoyed meeting everyone and the great conversations,....despite the issues with my bird and xmitter. The wind was certianly HOWLING and everyone did a fantastic job working with it,....Ummm,....exept me. But I have a new project to complete and that should be done in a couple of weeks.

Congrats to Larry and everyone that assisted on a very GREAT contest,.....can you move the sun for the next one,...LOL!

Ok Mike H,...I have a huge headstart,...can you catch me? I bet you can, as your probably cought up already,..LOL!

Well gott'a run guys.

Bill Holsten
    To tired to type the rest,............................................. .......................

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Larry,

(Danny here)
    I really enjoyed flying pattern and have a feeling it's something I'm definitely going to pursue. Thanks again for letting me fly your plane! Chris, you and your dad are one heck of a caller/coach. I had a great time meeting a lot of new people and look forward to seeing all you guys at upcoming contests. Larry, you and your crew did a heck of a job orchestrating the whole event and I'm definitely looking forward to next years!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Guys,

Update on the Black Magic "HO".

Spoke with George Gordon this morning, he is on his way back to Michigan for the summer, the "HO" has been repaired.

The fuse went back together by just plugging the two pieces up to each other, aligning and strengthening the joint. The wing tip that was damaged has been repaired. He has some covering to repair and it will be ready for reassembly. He has a YS 140L that he is going to put into it and will be flying it in sportsman when he gets back in October.

George and I both want to congratulate and thank Larry for a great contest, Melissa for her superb score keeping, Mike for his donation and the Propbusters Club for hosting the event. Special congratulations to Danny Burnham in his first contest.

It is difficult sometimes to come new, into an organization of people you do not know and try to fit in. It is especially rewarding to find that the organization you have joined is full of friendly, helpful, funny, knowledgable and competent people.

I would like to extend a big thanks and kudos to all of the D3 pilots who help, advise and assist us sportsman in our endeavors, you guys are a true asset to the hobby.

Larry Loucks
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Bill,

I really like your toy-hauler trailer. How does it tow with your truck?
    Jim
    Team Futaba, YS, Morgan Fuels

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey Jim,

It's not an issue my truck will tow 9800Lbs and the Toyhauler is a Weekend Warrior SL-2500 Superlite and it weights 4510lbs dry and the lightest one on the market and the nicest inside I found in a toyhauler for a tow behind,...it's a 25 footer. The draw back is the gas mileage,..I only got 7.76 miles per gallon avg there and back.[:'(] I also have a add-a-room that can be added to the drop down door,...was to windy to put it on. Thats where the planes usually get stored while at the field. I am planning on moving up to the 35 foot fifth wheel later this year,..we will see. Have to get the plane situation fixed up first,............

Best Regards,
    Bill

Advantage Hobby & Fliton RC Rep./Duralite batteries/Custom airframes of America/ Dragon Fire Customs/ Guardian America.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey Bill,

I don't know if you remember the trailer that I was in back at Tangerine in Dec. 08. That trailer is a fith wheel type I think its around 35 to 38 feet long and weighs close to 15,000 lbs. My father's truck is the Ford diesel and if you stay around 70 on the interstate you get between 10 and 11 miles to the gallon. Wind resistance is the biggest factor verses weight for the fuel milage. I'm not sure what engine you are running in your truck, but the bigger engines available in these trucks would be the best to use pulling campers because they will not have to work so hard as a smaller engine. This usually result better fuel milage while pulling your trailer. I know my father's truck get about 17 mpg when it's by itself and on the interstate, but is kind of gear bound for heavy pulling. I know I enjoy using my father's truck and trailer when I go to these contest and you get that kind of home away from home feel.

Thanks for coming down to my contest and it was good to see you again. We will have this contest again in Febuary of 2010 and I hope you get to come again and with your new fith wheel toy hauler.

Larry Odom
    Avid Kool-Aid Drinker

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey Larry,

My truck gets about 17.1 miles per gallon with the 5.6Ltr engine in it normally on the highway and about 14 in the city with the air running,.....the wind resistance is the problem for sure.

Worked out the issues with Partner (transmitter issues) for now,...finished second this past weekend and winning one round with a total of 3865,....zeroed the spin on both rounds on sunday. It was so cloudy and overcast I could not see the break direction or the bottom of the wings. The Partner is now retired after the gear came out of it Friday,...lived through the weekend,..it's over due.

The Lakecity contest from what I was told over the weekend is cancelled or on hold? So,...as it stands we have 3 flipp'in contest this year plus the Dist. Championships making 4 and we normally have 6 to 7 in our district. Northern VA at the end of May and it's over till the NATS and the districts in October.

Best Regards,

Bill

Advantage Hobby & Fliton RC Rep./Duralite batteries/Custom airframes of America/ Dragon Fire Customs/ Guardian America.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey Bill,

Sorry about the Partner so that means start doing some gluing. Hey that ryhmes! Man that's not good about the contest count in your district. I'm hoping next year to have 4 contest under our belt here in D3 by mid April. Tangerine, Lakeland, Ocala, and Alabaster should be the order of next year's schedule that I can attend before my work season starts. Contest May through August I can't go because of my work, but after Labor Day till the end of April I'm free as a bird. Most people build during the winter, I have to do it in the summer time. But like I said once Labor Day gets here I can do the last half of our flying season. We usually have 2 more and then District Championship. I know Prattville, AL is coming up and if you can come that would be great. It looks like they have a great field to fly at, but for some reason you can't, then the contest you would need to attend would be Andersonville, GA. That will be a big one and it always is. They have full hook-ups for your RV and fantastic bermuda grass runway. Then on top of that, one of the finest hobby shops you will ever walk into. His fuel prices are great too, so come with money.

Larry

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Talk about Hodges place, I just spent 2 days there last week for SEEF, and Macs place just keeps looking better and better. I couldn't belive my ears when I hear them call for pilot # 503 for a Freq pin. There must have been 200 plus campers there this past week and more folks than you could shake a stick at .
    While P'ville turf/ runway is not as nice as Hodges, our facilitys are some of the nicest in Alabama. We have power to run TV's a light duty stuff. just no A/C's and Micros and a field thats really nice and open with NO restrictions either way. Being our frist try at a AMA pattern meet we may not be the biggest but promise all will walk away with a trophey and a good time. I've got the local, and Montgomery media, news and TV crew coming out, to do a story.
    We can do steaks at the field Saturday night, each for he's on, or head to the best Seafood Buffet this side of PC, just let me know what yall want to do. Eat at the field Friday night and Buffet Sat. would be my choice.
    Check our website out at fcflyers.com for more info and a flyer on the event.
    YALL Come now, Ya Here,
    Jamie
    Jamie
    In Bama

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Boy! You can tell I went to P'ville schools, they specialize in Football, not english and writing . I should have proof read before sending .
    Jamie in Aalabamaa .
    Jamie
    In Bama

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Larry,

Andersonville sounds like a good idea,....what are the dates?

Best Regards,

Bill

Advantage Hobby & Fliton RC Rep./Duralite Batteries/Custom Airframes of America/ Dragon Fire Customs/ Guardian America.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Bill it would be great if you were to come to the contest. It happens to be my last before the NATS, this has to be the best contest to get ready for the NATS.

Also the Dates are June 6th thru the 7th.

Hope you can make it.

Chris Odom
    Team Black Magic
    Team Dragon Fire
    CAA
    Chris Odom ;Custom Airframes of America ; Team Airtronics; Team Cool Power; Team YS Parts and Services

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

not the last before the nats!!! harvest al. north of h-ville june 20 &21

gary

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

What I meant was that it was my last contest. then Off to the ole' watermelon fields.

Chris Odom
    Chris Odom ;Custom Airframes of America ; Team Airtronics; Team Cool Power; Team YS Parts and Services

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Chris,

Ummmm,....back to back weekends with the Varginia contest on the 30th-31st of May. I will see if I can swing that with the wife as June and July are looking really busy for me. I need to go work some "Magic" literally!

Best Regards,

Bill

Advantage Hobby & Fliton RC Rep./Duralite Batteries/Custom Airframes of America/ Dragon Fire Customs/ Guardian America.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Pffffft I've done 4 in a row before, it's good for ya.

Besides...that hobby shop RULES.

-M
    Thanks to my sponsors over the years!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345