Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Venus II problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 07:54 PM
ARTP47

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Venus II problem

First off nice flying plane now on to the problem. When I starting an out side loop from straight and level I put about 1/3 power and 1/2 stick of down. At about 8 o’clock added more power about 1/2. The plane is coming around nice. At about 3oclock let off on the down stick just a bit to round the loop BUT at this point the motor bogs and I end up going to full down stick to keep it from dieing but I end with a figure 6 not a loop.

The motor I am using is an OS 120 AX and is well broken in and no other issues have big power in all up lines and pull push humpty bumps. Have replaced all fuel lines and checked the clunk and found no problems. Have set my needle 4 clicks richer and it helps a bit but have a bit of a problem.
Old 07-27-2009, 10:30 PM
woodie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Venus II problem

Common problem..... the tank sits a little too high in the plane to have long negative G maneuvers without starving the engine. When you go negative, then the tank is lower and the engine leans out. Try lowering the tank, that fixed the problem for guys here in Sacramento. You could also go to a pump if you don't like the lowered tank solution.

Woodie
Old 07-27-2009, 10:50 PM
ARTP47

Thanks will try and see if it helps
Old 07-28-2009, 07:02 AM
cmoulder

I had the exact same problem with an O.S. 1.20FS-E and lowering the tank solved it.