Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pattern Universe - RC Pattern Flying > RC Pattern Flying
Reload this Page >

20th Annual Bud Garric Pattern Classic

Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

20th Annual Bud Garric Pattern Classic

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 11:06 AM
patternjockey
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 20th Annual Bud Garric Pattern Classic

For those interested, I have published a blog report and pictures of my visit to California and the 20th Annual Bud Garric Pattern Classic.

Blog: http://patternwest.blogspot.com/

Pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/Dave.Rea...atternClassic#

Had a great time, met some great people and look forward to coming back in the future.

Dave

Old 10-12-2009, 11:19 AM
ExFokkerFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: 20th Annual Bud Garric Pattern Classic

Dave,

Was great to meet you this weekend and finally put a name with a face. Enjoyed having you guys at our contest, just wished there weren't so many miles that separated us so we cold do it more! Maybe I'll have to trek up north some time and do some flying in your beautiful country.

Tell Chad that I was disappointed that he couldn't make it. I owed him a beer from some discussion/argument from a while back... I brought it, but Atwood drank it! So maybe another time... hahaha

Great pictures!

Tom M
Old 10-12-2009, 01:06 PM
can773
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Tom

I really wanted to go, but with Agnes being 38 weeks pregnant I was unable to convince her (of that or anything else for that matter) that I should go

I am still working on timing babies appropriately for model airplanes, so far I am 0 for 2, during the first one I was in Victoria trying out for the team (2006) while she was a few days past due. That didn't go over very well! I still made it back in time for the birth though so it was all good.

One day I will be there to have a few beers, and talk motors LOL.
Old 10-14-2009, 03:45 PM
JHays

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all,
This is the rooky who won Sportsman .I had a great time at the contest. Definitely have a lot to learn after seeing all you aces of the sky doing your thing. I am looking forward to the next contest and hopefully will have a 2M plane next time to play with the big boys [>:]

Thanks everyone for a great event!
Old 10-14-2009, 03:52 PM
woodie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jerry, thanks for coming out. We were very glad to see the 2 new competitors in Sportsman. For the first 3 rounds, there were 3 different winners, then Jerry turned it on and won the last 3 rounds and the contest. Congrats on your first outing and we look forward to seeing you at future contests.

Woodie