Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pattern Universe - RC Pattern Flying > RC Pattern Flying
Reload this Page >

JR 9303 2.4 is not bindind??????/

Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

JR 9303 2.4 is not bindind??????/

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 07:58 PM
Adam Farfan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR 9303 2.4 is not bindind??????/

My JR 9303 Transmitter is not binding and I have no clue why. I just got the radio about six months ago . It only has 15hrs on it. I also have a DX7 transmitter and has never had a problem with binding. The story gose like this ( I bought the radio in April 2009 from RC hobbies , came back to Trinidad and built my FOCUS Sport , binded the 9303 to the focus and everything was fine for four weeks now intill I went to the feild on Sunday to fly and the reciever would not pick up the 9303 . Just like that , the radio did not fall or anything . I then tried to rebind it and it would not , so then I borrowed my friends 9303 and it binded perfectly). I am all the way in Trinidad and I am hoping this is a easy fix and dont have to send it up. The Transmitter is brand new and I dont find I shoud have to fork out a dime. I dont now if I posted this in the right please so forgive me if I am ronge. If I do have to send it up please recomend where to send it. Thanks guys I now you all will help a brother to get back in the air as soon as possible .
Old 11-16-2009, 08:09 PM
Rendegade

Default RE: JR 9303 2.4 is not bindind??????/

can you talk us through your binding procedure?
Old 11-16-2009, 09:54 PM
lojik

Are you:

placing bind plug in rx correct slot
turning on rx
holding down bind button on tx
while holding bind button turning on tx
waiting for the flashing light on rx to go solid
then releasing bind button on tx
turning off radio and rx
removing bind plug

?
Old 11-16-2009, 11:09 PM
Ryan Smith
My Feedback: (25)

I would think that if he's bound another transmitter to that receiver, then perhaps he is binding correctly. Have you bound your transmitter to another receiver to see what it does? Does your module make a slight hum when it's turned on? The only thing that I can think of is the RF board somehow going out. Not being familiar with Trinidad (other than Dave Stodart's stories!), I assume you're probably fairly close to the ocean. Do you think something could have corroded?
Old 11-17-2009, 09:16 AM
Adam Farfan

Thanks guys for the quick reply. I am positive that I have done the binding properly . I binded the receiver with a nother radio with out any trouble. The transmitter is just not sending the signal or something , Yes we are realitivly close to the sea but not close enough to do any damage to the transmitter . If I do have to send it up, who do I send it to and what is the procedures of sending something like a transmitter ( Fedex ?? ). I find that this should not be an expense to me its alread an inconvenient. Thanks for helping me out.
Old 11-17-2009, 01:44 PM
mjfrederick

You could always switch to Futaba...
Old 11-17-2009, 03:36 PM
viva_peru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Adam,

This will probably sound silly, but I had a similar issue when binding a Spektrum receiver only to find out that I had reversed the polarity of the battery and servos. The receiver would bind (flashing lights, then steady light), but it would not work. Plugged in everything correctly, and viola, it worked! In my defense, I have never been acussed of being smart...

Teo
Old 11-17-2009, 05:25 PM
Adam Farfan

Well thanks for the respose , but on checking I realise the light at the back of the transmitter is no coming on at all . What dose this mean?????
Old 11-17-2009, 10:53 PM
Ryan Smith
My Feedback: (25)

That means something is wrong with your module. Maybe your bind button is stuck, or your RF module is dead.
Old 11-18-2009, 06:11 AM
crankpin
My Feedback: (15)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Contact the distributor, or the importer or JR radio's into your country, or the hobby shop you purchased it from. I have had excellent service from Horizon Hobby here in the state's. Call them up, or send them a message. Here it takes about two or three days for a response.

Your JR equipment has a warranty.

Vince
Old 11-18-2009, 02:54 PM
Adam Farfan

I figured so . I am now organising to send it up to Horizon Hobbies in t USA , hope I get the same treatment as you . I will let yall now how it gose . Thanks again for the help guys.
Old 11-18-2009, 05:59 PM
crankpin
My Feedback: (15)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Adam. Insure the package, follow up to Horizon with a phone call. I do not know if they are logging in, but the last time I sent a receiver to them, I did not hear anything until I called them. Shortly after, I received the corrected part, no charge. You can do proof of delivery also, for a few dollar's, you will get a signed receipt. Here, we can do it all online. They can be swamped with repair's, etc., have to be patient. Up north, the flying season is ending because of snow, etc., that is when the RC flyer's send their stuff in for upgrades, etc.

Vince