Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Extreme Flight Vanquish 2M no BS

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 10:44 AM
hezik

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Extreme Flight Vanquish 2M no BS

Wow.. I must just have been hired as EF representative.

So..

Vanquish arrival delayed

We're sorry to announce that we haven't been able to get the Vanquish to the market yet. Our goal has been to have it released on time for the 2010 flying seazon, but due to unforseen circumstances beyond our reach, we have failed to meet this deadline. We sincerely apologise for this and hope you'll understand we're doing everything we can to get this plane released shortly, we have spent a lot of time perfecting this airframe, because we want it to be as good as we can get it. We promise you won't be dissapointed once it's released. Please check our website or your local representative for more information about the release.

Also we would like to apologize for statements made earlier by our representative. Offcourse EF thinks informing customers is important and we regret not having communicated about this delay earlier.
Old 03-04-2010, 11:00 AM
Alexzzz

ROFLMAO

ORIGINAL: hezik

Wow.. I must just have been hired as EF representative.

So..
Old 03-04-2010, 11:10 AM
mxcop114
My Feedback: (5)

Ok guys, here's the most current information regarding Extreme Flight RC and the 2M Vanquish. I just spoke with Chris Hinson and though it was a difficult decision to make, we've decided the following is in the best interest of everyone:

It has been pointed out that Extreme Flight RC does not sponser these forums, so with that said, we will no longer be posting information in these threads regarding the 2M Vanquish. If you have any further questions or want any more information regarding the 2M Vanquish or any of our other aircraft please call Extreme Flight RC at 770-887-1794, or email us at : [email protected].

Lee
Old 03-04-2010, 02:48 PM
RCBruski65
My Feedback: (44)

Can't really say I blame you.

Tim
Old 03-04-2010, 05:42 PM
handglider
My Feedback: (23)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Okay guys it's time to cool out a bit.

I am locking this thread and putting it in time out for a while.

I will suggest to all, please do not start another thread regarding this subject. It's been going around for months now and has only lead to bashing and flaming.

Old 03-21-2010, 09:53 AM
P-51B

I see in another thread here that the 48" vanquish is out. Has anyone heard anything about the 2M?????
Old 03-21-2010, 11:02 AM
318scott
My Feedback: (1)

No word on the 2 meter but the 48" is now on the EF web site. The other web site has more info on the 48". Lets hope that when the 2 meter hits EF web site they still have some left as I want one.
Old 03-22-2010, 08:38 AM
P-51B

Yeah, I want one also. The problem is that it is getting to the point of "I need to hear something". Season is here, and I can get a wind 110 or sit and wait for this to hopefully materialize.

I wish Extreme Flight would post an update that would either be a non-comitted projected arrival date or an admission that they won't be here this year, etc., so we can make a good decision.

I would hate to buy a Wind 110 this week (which is when it would likely occurr) then have the Vanquish show up next week without warning. If that happened, I would likely never buy an Extreme Flight product in the future just out of being ticked off.
Old 03-22-2010, 08:43 AM
Alexzzz

I don't think it'll come out next week, probably not even this year.....
The first F3A competition is next month......
Old 03-22-2010, 11:00 AM
Jetdesign
My Feedback: (8)

ORIGINAL: P-51B

Yeah, I want one also. The problem is that it is getting to the point of ''I need to hear something''. Season is here, and I can get a wind 110 or sit and wait for this to hopefully materialize.

I wish Extreme Flight would post an update that would either be a non-comitted projected arrival date or an admission that they won't be here this year, etc., so we can make a good decision.

I would hate to buy a Wind 110 this week (which is when it would likely occurr) then have the Vanquish show up next week without warning. If that happened, I would likely never buy an Extreme Flight product in the future just out of being ticked off.
Just note that the Wind 110, while a very nice plane, lacks the ability to adjust wing/stab incidence. For anyone serious about pattern, this can be a pretty significant downfall.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:11 AM
hezik

That remark should be more nuanced.

The wing/stab incidence on the WindS 110 is not adjustable out of the box, but with minor effort it can be made adjustable.

Also, one can buy the WindS 110 now.

If you need a plane for this season, DO NOT wait for EF. It's already too late, but do not count on them releasing it before your first contest. They probably won't and in any case they will not tell you anything about it. Go ahead and buy the WindS 110, you won't regret it, it's a great plane!
Old 03-22-2010, 11:38 AM
Ryan Smith
My Feedback: (25)

Hezik,

If I'm not mistaken, doesn't the wing fit into a slot in the fuselage for the Wind 110? That would make it hard to adjust the incidence IMO. My 48" Vanquish should be here today, and I just may fly that this year instead of a 2M airplane!
Old 03-22-2010, 12:01 PM
hezik

It does, but it's not that tight a fit that it's not adjustable. We would be talking about minute changes anyways. The stab can be made adjustable more easy, which decreases the necessity of an adjustable wing.

Its not ment as a fully fledged F3A plane for serious pilots.. if you want that, than you should by the 2m WindS pro. Which is fully adjustable, but also costs a bundle more.
Old 03-22-2010, 03:53 PM
Jeff Boyd 2

Its not ment as a fully fledged F3A plane for serious pilots.. if you want that, than you should by the 2m WindS pro. Which is fully adjustable, but also costs a bundle more.
Only the stab is adjustable on the Pro . . Wing is fixed. Naturally after flying, you can adjust the wing pin holes or fit adjusters. No point doing something beforehand as it could all be wasted effort.

A friend flew his Wind 110 in our first F3A contest this year. It flys the P11 schedule very well. Beautiful to watch. He is an excellent pilot too . . his comment? The Wind 110 still flys better than he can !

You would not regret the Wind 110 as an option.

Cheers, JB
Old 01-25-2011, 07:45 AM
P-51B

Bump, bump, bump...another year bites the dust.

And another ones gone, another ones gone, another year bites the dust..
Old 01-25-2011, 07:56 AM
cmoulder

ORIGINAL: P-51B

And another ones gone, another ones gone, another year bites the dust..
They've renamed it the "Vanish"
Old 01-25-2011, 08:03 AM
underdw
My Feedback: (2)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Direct your hopes for a 2m Osiris from 3DHS!
Old 01-25-2011, 08:07 AM
hezik

ORIGINAL: Jeff Boyd 2
Only the stab is adjustable on the Pro . . Wing is fixed. Naturally after flying, you can adjust the wing pin holes or fit adjusters. No point doing something beforehand as it could all be wasted effort.
Agreed, however, what I ment is, the 2m version does come with a set incidence on the main wing, but you can easily make that adjustable yourself. On the 110, you can't, since the wing entirely falls into a slot in the fuse.

As far as the Vanquish goes, I know this year some belgian people visited Extreme Flight and also talked about the Vanquish. It appears Chris also asked them if they knew me, the Dutch pain in the Extreme Flight behind :P.

However, as always, it should still be 'released soon'. They have tried different wings, wing profiles, and so on, to get it to fly right. I don't think they would have taken that effort if they didn't really want to take the plan into production.

I also know that another dutch pilot asked them about it and got the response it would be on the market around this time (december/january 2010), which offcourse it isn't.

Ironically, I'm now the one defending EF on this part; I'm still convinced this plane will hit the market sometime, and that it'll be a great deal. Most people I speak don't believe it'll be coming out anymore.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:54 AM
Jetdesign
My Feedback: (8)

Funny to see how a lot of the USA based people in this thread are incapable of having a normal discussion based upon arguments in stead of just plain flaming, trolling, and so on. In that perspective, I think I'm glad I live in a 'sour' country, instead of a 'shallow' one.
you really are a douche.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:55 AM
Doug Cronkhite
My Feedback: (34)

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Last I spoke to Chris they were being covered/painted (early Jan) and would be in the container before the end of the month. I'm still hopeful. Lots of rumors floating around about the airplane though I doubt anyone outside of Extreme Flight actually knows anything real at all.
Old 01-25-2011, 11:01 AM
hezik

Well, last time I mailed EF about this airframe, I got an answer by Chris that they were in production and would be on the market in 2 months. That was october 2009. Last time a friend of mine mailed about it, they were being built and would be on the market in 3 months. That was january 2010. So now, they are being painted and will be on the market in a month.

Let's hope so. It's a cool plane.

@Garfield: thanks for proving my point. Next time read the entire thread to see what I was replying at. Also read back the WindS 110 thread
Old 01-25-2011, 11:37 AM
remmulp
My Feedback: (6)

Doug,

Last year at the Ocala, FLpattern contest Cameron Smith had the prototype 2M Vanquish with him, which he flew: http://www.flickr.com/photos/4592646...7623545949129/, the Vanquish is the plane behind the Passport. He was first in FAI. It is very attractive plane and we've all been waiting for it to arrive. Let's home Chris and EF can get it to market this year.

Regards,

Mike Plummer

Old 01-25-2011, 11:54 AM
Doug Cronkhite
My Feedback: (34)

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm right there with you Mike. I'm seriously in need of airplanes right now, and if Chris can deliver them by mid-Feb, then he'll get money from me. The big question is, will they make weight for the Nats?
Old 01-25-2011, 01:16 PM
vquick
My Feedback: (71)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I got one of the prototype I convert this one from glow to electric and I make weight using 4000 Batteries and my motor and speed controller are little hevier than the top of the line the airplane will make weight in ether version the electric or the glow
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx71609.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	111.0 KB
ID:	1552943   Click image for larger version

Name:	To43429.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	138.9 KB
ID:	1552944   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pu51799.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	118.5 KB
ID:	1552945  
Old 01-25-2011, 02:02 PM
1bwana1

At the National IMAC Instructors School last week, I was told that the first run of Vanquishes are built, and being covered.  They are expected to leave the factory soon.  There will not be a lot of them, so if interested in getting one you should order as soon as they are available.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.